Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

I normally never post reviews however for this product I just had to. This is one of the worst product I have ever used. First the fragrance, I never have had any problems with fragrance in products in the past but this product is horrible! It smells like saliva mixed with old lady perfume! It lingers for a long time and makes me dizzy and sick! Texture wise, it feels really patchy, it doesn't blend easily and transfers really easily. It can be like wiped off... Because I don't personally use powder as I dislike powders, this cream doesn't set by itself... It just sits on top feeling like a heavy mask. Coverage wise, it has very high coverage, it definitely has too much coverage for me. It feels and look really cakey as it very thick. It is definitely high medium coverage. Ingredient wise this product didn't really contain much skin care benefit or very little. Another factor is that I found lots of Paraban in this product I think there was 4. This may be the reason my face looked extremely red after removing the cream and caused irritation to my apple zone. Price wise, this retails about 70 dollars so I wouldn't say it is very expensive and is pretty good value considering the amount you get. However overall this was a horrible product and didn't like it at all. I don't know how Chanel actually would produce this, as such a famous brand. I guess it just didn't work for me.

on 3/22/2014 1:43:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! The texture is lightweight enough, and it's perfect for my combination skin. It's very long lasting too - it doesn't melt or oxidizes as badly as a normal foundation or BB cream would. I bought the natural shade and found that it blended in easy with my skin tone. It was a pricey investment but well worth it! I've been on many brands of BB creams prior and they all didn't work too well. They tend to be too oily for my combination skin type. I'm glad I stuck gold with this one.

on 3/16/2014 10:27:00 AM

I had a generous sample of this in the colour 32 Beige Ros. It was a little too light for me, but with a little bronzer on top, it worked out fine. What I liked about this product: it really gives full coverage, more than some liquid foundations do. I almost didnt need concealer when using this. So the result is a really even toned complexion. What I didnt like: the texture is quite thick and pasty, and a little hard to spread for a luxury product. So the application isnt necessarily fun. Also, in the end it doesnt really look natural, no matter how well I blend and work it into the skin. Its halfway visible that Im wearing a heavy coverage foundation from up-close. So in the end, I think that there are better products out there which give a more natural look and feel a bit lighter on skin. I used the sample up happily, but wont buy the full size.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was a fail for me it made My skin glow covered my pores and made my skin look even dewy and very radiant but alas that's where my love for this came to a bitter sweet end the color was not a match not even close and it was the lightest shade it goes orange on me I have had this problem with brands like chanel and dior and even clarins running to dark on me so this is a no buy for me:/

I enjoy this product very much. I find that I am the type of person who does not like products that everyone else loves and I love products that almost everyone hates haha. That is why it is very difficult to form a good opinion on a product before trying it.
Yes it has a strong scent, but it smells luxurious and the scent goes away after several seconds. It is thick and you much moisturize very well before hand or even use a light primer underneath. I enjoy wearing this either over my Paula's Choice daily ultra light moisturizer SPF 30 or Clinique moisture surge gel moisturizer.
I think this is by far the best CC/BB cream that is high end. It covers so well, it blends in beautifully (at least on my skin), it lasts the entire day which I was honestly shoked since no BB/CC cream from other brands lasted for me all day. I have oily/combo skin and usually the oil breaks down all of my foundations and you can clearly see how it begins to separate, but not with this CC cream. It is ALMOST like Estee Lauder's double wear in a CC cream form.
I got a sample of this and will definitely be purchasing the full size soon.

After reading lots of good things, I came home with a very generous sample of this.
I always think, this is going to be the one! But this time, like so many others, I was wrong.
For me, it is very dry and chalky. The color is fairly yellow. I have tried it over moisturizers, under foundations, by itself, on good face days and bad face days. This morning was the day I admitted defeat and tossed the remainder.
It's so dry looking. It emphasizes every wrinkle and dry spot on my face.
I'm happy for those who it works for, but for me, this is a fail.

on 12/22/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

CG 3-in1 foundation is a Dupe! Extremely similar texture and finish but higher coverage. This one has a tin foil shine to it. Its alright but not worth the price tag and heavy fragrance. Also caused a few bumps after a few uses. much prefer the CG! Wont repurchase (xmas gift). Also it dries really quicky. Those with dryish skin this might emphasize flakes. The silicone formula does however fill up pores. Be sure to oil cleane with this.

on 1/15/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had to wash this off after 3 hours because the smell was so strong. The next morning a rash appeared on my cheeks and my eyes were red, itchy and bloodshot.

I have good skin and don't need much coverage - so this could have been a decent product, but of course, Chanel had to marinate the formula in perfume. I wouldn't spray perfume directly on my face and that's what this CC cream basically is. Returned.

on 1/10/2014 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have an small acne problem around my chin & jaw line, I also have a few acne scars around my cheeks, so finding a good foundation to help cover a few of my facial flaws away is sometimes a little difficult. I decided to use CC cream to see how it can help with my problem, my face tends to get really oily & around my nose area gets very dry. When applying the product it felt very heavy on my face, it has a perfume smell to it but for me, the scent really didn't matter to me. Then I finished off with E.L.F powder. So far I've had it on for at least 5-6 hours & I feel uncomfortable with the foundation, it hasn't help with my dryness around my nose area, basically feels like I'm wearing a mask. So as my result & my opinion to this product is that I did not like how it came out, there were few dry patchy spots on my skin that the cream did not moisturize. If anyone who has the same skin situation as me, I would not recommend this to them.

on 1/21/2014 1:56:00 PM

I love this cc cream it wears great really brightens your skin has great coverage for a cc cream I have combination skin this does not get oily or cakey Evan after13 hour's of wear love this well worth the money