Chanel CC cream

Chanel CC cream

3.7

I have extremely dry skin and have tried a billion foundations (including Chanel); all of which look cakey on my face no matter how much moisturiser I use. The Chanel counter makeup artist suggested I try this and I love it! It provides sheer to medium coverage (buildable in thin layers) and makes my skin look dewy. I still do have to moisturiser prior to use but it doesn't look cakey at all. I have two shades: 20 beige (lighter, yellow undertone) and 32 rose beige (slightly darker, pink undertone). I use the 20 for highlighting and the 32 for the rest of my face. Love this!

This CC cream is my first to use in cc creams. Was thinking about olay's just because of the price, but had to go for the Chanel even though. I just love Chanel everything. Firstly, there is a scent to it as their other products which I loveeeeeeee. The color which comes in one shade is a bit light for my complexion but it works.The coverage is medium for me and by the end of the day, the coverage is still there I wear it under my le jour followed by the rich hydration crme. My face is combination with an oily tzone so layering products might be a disadvantage to me however this does not cause my skin to look greasy. I wear at 9am - 8pm and my face is demi matte with a slight shine which I find really good. . Sometimes I set it with the perfection lumiere compact and its flawless! Hasn't broken me out and the darker spots on my face due to acne scarring has faded a bit thus far. Its only been a month and Half. I am happy with my purchase. Btw my bf loves when I wear it without any powder or foundation. He always compliments my skin, he loves the idea that I'm makeup free .

this baby is my HOLY HOLY HOLY GRAIL product.
It's true it does have a scent... but if this doesn't bother you it's just amazing. It's perfect for my skin tone too i got it in 32 beige ros and even that i have yellow undertones it still works perfect.
my favorite foundation combination is benefit that gal and then the chanel cc cream, i get tons of compliments on my skin and people keep asking me what i do and how i manage to get such perfect skin. with this product a dream has come true. despite the ridiculous price you only need a small amount of the product to achieve best results. so for me its wort it. i have no idea whats the color range in other countries but would ask for a sample to test out the color before buying.

foundation references:
MUFE HD - N120
MAC - NC 20
GIVENCHY Photo Perfexion - 3 Perfect Sand

hope this was helpful for you guys.

My first review here is for CC Cream Complete Correction SPF 30 PA+++ in 20 Beige. When first time I bought the first tube last year, no other optional choice, but 20 Beige.

I've purchased the second tube couple months ago at Incheon Duty Free, for a stock when I'm about running out the first one in upcoming, probably, 3 months. We don't have Chanel Makeup Counter here in Indonesia, but in Duty Free Soekarno-Hatta Airport, and they don't sell this by the time I wanted to buy.

Packaging: It's hygienic tube, sleek white with sturdy cap. It's absolutely compact for traveling.

Texture: thick, creamy, and yellowish. It's best using beauty blender to apply, than foundation brush or worse, fingers.

Complexion after application: slightly brightened and healthier with sheer, but buildable into medium coverage. I can still see blemishes or freckles or redness (that's the use of concealer), but in overall, looking good and sheer, and looking even better after few hours. Even better if using primer (I use Chanel Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base SPF35 PA+++ under, and Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair, as setting powder).

I'm sensitive combo acne prone skin type and most foundation or compact powder broke me out, but this CC Cream didn't.

The texture isn't as good as Vitalumiere Aqua, which is runny but cooling, but I prefer CC Cream since the Vitalumiere Aqua is a bit oxydized on me, darker in the mid of the day.

I took one lippie for the price tag since I'm actually NW25 skin, I wish someday Chanel will consider between 20 to 30. 20 is a bit too bright, while 30 is too dark for me, but I will always repurchase Chanel CC Cream, to be used for daily or even special occasion, since I don't like make up that showing make up. Luv it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use a prescription retinol at night (Renova) but it makes my skin very light sensitive (all skins, actually). So I never leave the house without a sunscreen. Every day. If I forget, I turn a nice orange and if I burn, the red will stay for a long time. Anyway, I use Skinceuticals but I don't care for the smell or the tint. I also use Avene SPF50 but it is greasy and very white and I look like a greasy ghost and need powder, but it does work. I wanted something that would work as my concealer, my foundation and a sunscreen, and this product, while kind of heavy and chalky, works well. It is drying, and I a worried that it kind of looks like a mask, but from far, it leaves me with a fantastic complexion. It's important to make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated, then apply really fast and just a little. If you are still worried about the SPF, use something under it, but I need a natural SPF, not a chemical one and this one is a natural base and does not irritate.

on 4/7/2014 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the below, hefty price tag, AMAZING product, if anything it makes my complexion even better as the day goes on, I put the Soliel Tan de Chanel on over this - magic! I only wear when I'm going out or to events, it's pricey @ 50.00 a pop...

I absolutely LOVE this product. I was actually astounded by the way my face looked with this on.

The formula comes out of the bottle thickish in consistency, sort of like a firm foundation. It smells lovely and lightly floral, like all Chanel products, which I love. The formula feels luxurious and silky under your fingertips. It spreads very nicely on the face, and begins to absorb soon after. The most amazing thing about this product is how seamlessly it blends into the face, and the glow it gives your face. I am not exaggerating when I say, the finish is a glowy, even tone, making your cheeks and otherwise dull parts of the face glow and reflect light. I don't set my base with powder, because I hate how powder feels if I touch my face throughout the day. 4 hours later, the cream did not make me oily, did not wear off and the glow was maintained. I was surprised that I did not even need concealer while wearing this, because the skin around my eyes totally evened out with the rest of my face. Later that evening I received many compliments about my skin.

Needless to say, I will definitely be re-purchasing despite the hefty price tag.

I normally never post reviews however for this product I just had to. This is one of the worst product I have ever used. First the fragrance, I never have had any problems with fragrance in products in the past but this product is horrible! It smells like saliva mixed with old lady perfume! It lingers for a long time and makes me dizzy and sick! Texture wise, it feels really patchy, it doesn't blend easily and transfers really easily. It can be like wiped off... Because I don't personally use powder as I dislike powders, this cream doesn't set by itself... It just sits on top feeling like a heavy mask. Coverage wise, it has very high coverage, it definitely has too much coverage for me. It feels and look really cakey as it very thick. It is definitely high medium coverage. Ingredient wise this product didn't really contain much skin care benefit or very little. Another factor is that I found lots of Paraban in this product I think there was 4. This may be the reason my face looked extremely red after removing the cream and caused irritation to my apple zone. Price wise, this retails about 70 dollars so I wouldn't say it is very expensive and is pretty good value considering the amount you get. However overall this was a horrible product and didn't like it at all. I don't know how Chanel actually would produce this, as such a famous brand. I guess it just didn't work for me.

on 3/22/2014 1:43:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! The texture is lightweight enough, and it's perfect for my combination skin. It's very long lasting too - it doesn't melt or oxidizes as badly as a normal foundation or BB cream would. I bought the natural shade and found that it blended in easy with my skin tone. It was a pricey investment but well worth it! I've been on many brands of BB creams prior and they all didn't work too well. They tend to be too oily for my combination skin type. I'm glad I stuck gold with this one.

on 3/16/2014 10:27:00 AM

I had a generous sample of this in the colour 32 Beige Ros. It was a little too light for me, but with a little bronzer on top, it worked out fine. What I liked about this product: it really gives full coverage, more than some liquid foundations do. I almost didnt need concealer when using this. So the result is a really even toned complexion. What I didnt like: the texture is quite thick and pasty, and a little hard to spread for a luxury product. So the application isnt necessarily fun. Also, in the end it doesnt really look natural, no matter how well I blend and work it into the skin. Its halfway visible that Im wearing a heavy coverage foundation from up-close. So in the end, I think that there are better products out there which give a more natural look and feel a bit lighter on skin. I used the sample up happily, but wont buy the full size.