It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

I just purchased my 4th tube of this CC cream and I'm so happy with it. My first purchase was the original formula in Light and that was too dark. My second purchase was the original formula in Light AND the Illuminating formula in Fair to mix together. That was pretty good but the sparkly stuff looked really odd as the day wore on. Yesterday I purchased the original formula in Fair and now it's perfect!!! I'm a makeup artist and work for for Estée Lauder and Clinique. I love their products so much but I still like to "cocktail" my favorites to create new "skin finishes." My challenges when choosing products at other retailers is that they try to sell you colors that are too dark, or too light in some cases. When I shop at stores like Ulta and Sephora the BA's tend to push the wrong colors. From now on I'm going to go in bare faced and do my experimenting on my own. I recommend that you go outside with a mirror and examine your makeup in natural light. That's the best advice I can give!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This broke me out.

In the meantime, it was so beautiful and lasted a long time. The coverage was great. I bargained with myself for awhile, hoping something else caused the breakout, but it was this.

It could be your HG! Just not mine. Patch test and keep your receipt.

The coverage is beautiful, medium. I have acne prone, sensitive skin so I got the sample size of it. After just 4 hours it got cakey on my cheeks and around my nose. And then my skin started to get cystic like acne. So for three days I stopped using it and my skin started to clear up again. But then I tested it out two more times and the acne/redness was coming right back. I wish this product worked for my sensitive skin :(

I've just found my new Holy Grail. I have an awfully red complexion in my face esp around my cheeks and nose and always had to wear full coverage foundation, concealer, powder the whole face every single day or deal with everyone asking why my face is so red. I've been desperately seeking something that would moisturize, correct my red, cover my acne, and stay on all day even in our Tennessee summer heat, and I've finally found it with this CC cream! I have worked out in 90 degree weather with it and it stayed out, worked doubles at work and it stayed on all day, gives my skin a slightly dewy complexion instead of turning my T-Zone into an oil slick, and keeps my skin moisturized as well. The only thing I wish was that it wasn't so expensive considering I use it everyday... oh well it's worth it!

Nope this did not work for me. Would not blend in, just felt like it sat on top of my skin. Looked a little grey and by noon I was an oil slick. Love the packaging though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always thought this was for older women who have dark spots and not for someone young with acne. Tried it anyway in the shade light which matches my skin tone really well. It's a thick cream that provides super full coverage while never looking cakey, jusy as the description from Ulta implies. It's very light weight and doesn't feel heavy at all. Although this is a cream product my skin stays matte for a long time with baking and regular setting which is ideal for my very greasy skin. The spf 50 which is unheard of in any makeup base is a plus and hopefully doesn't cause flashback in photos. This doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin which will be beat red after taking off any foundation product that doesn't agree with me. Although I'm a big foundation junkie I think this will become my new every day favorite. Definitely wouldn't have expected this from something called a "CC Cream." It honestly reminds me of the Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Cream except way less heavy and with skincare benefits.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my new HG foundation. I have pretty decent skin minus hormonal breakouts here and there. It is beautiful coverage but doesn't feel like you're wearing anything! Also, I have had the same tube since July of last year and I wear it daily. A little goes a long way. I will never be without this product.

I'm obsessed. I have very dry skin with texture and scarring leftover from acne when I was younger, and this covers up everything and looks super dewy. It lasts all day long, and it makes my skin look flawless. I LOOOOVEEE ITT

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- easy to blend
- does not oxidize
- lightweight

CONS

- settles into fine lines
- too dewy/oily

COMMENTS: Very dewy foundation, which gets very oily and very quickly even when worn in cooler weather. It also immediately settles into fine lines and creased around my nose. It does provide good coverage, does not oxidize, and is very easy to blend. I prefer to add some loose translucent powder to help it stay on better, but it does nothing in terms of oil control. It does however, remain lightweight. The shade "medium tan" is too light for my complexion, but the next shade up is also too dark/pink. So, that's also an issue. It does have a blurring effect and while my skin did look nice, it also became greasy looking quite fast. The finish reminds me a lot of L'Oreal's Pro Glow, but with more coverage.

Will not repurchase.

I was turned onto this brand for its good for your skin ingredients and while I did like it I had more con's than pros.
Pro: medium-full coverage, matches great, good for skin ingredients for the most part. Can use sponge or brush.

Cons: I found I broke out more, it didn't help my already oily skin and settles into lines and wrinkles, smears and comes off easy