It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.7

I love this product. I have combination skin and freckles that are less 'cute' and more... 'blotchy' looking. My skin is super clear so I don't need a ton of foundation to cover it, I just want something that makes my freckles look less 'blotchy' while smoothing everything out and giving me a dewey, but not oily, looking glow. This product does all of that for me and stays on all day.

Pros: huge SPF factor!
doesn't cake
long lasting
gives a glowy finish
covers imperfections and redness without looking like you globbed on makeup
light
natural looking
no smell (some foundations with spf have a smell to them that i hate)
doesn't transfer after it sets
doesn't make me break out

Cons: dispenser gives out too much product in my opinion
after applying, i blot my face with an oil sheet otherwise it can look a bit oily in my t zone (one blot in the morning though seems to last all day so I'm not sure if that oil is coming from the foundation itself or what... no idea)

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the hype around this product. I have tried to make this work because I love the fact that it has spf 50. No matter how I apply it, it doesn't cover well and I become a grease pit w/in a few hours. It just looks awful on my skin - blotchy and uneven. I have had little luck with this brand, even though it seems to have a cult following.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

NC25-30, use the shade Medium and it's great. As another reviewer said, the shade seems adaptable. It swatches more cool toned than my skin but somehow it just works. Under some lighting conditions my skin looks strangely tinged and unhealthy to me, but with this on, never!

It covers redness, darkness, and doesn't accentuate skin texture. Coverage looks like it goes on full, becomes medium once it sets. Satin finish that leans dewy. It looks very natural and skin-like even when though it feels oily. (I have normal skin).

The lasting power is poor, it doesn't look bad once it fades, but it fades significantly.

I'll be short and sweet: this product is utter #@$&! I tested it at Sephora on one half of my face (Milk foundation on the other. BTW that one seemed to work great!), and the coverage was pathetic, my skin looked dull, and it accentuated all of my pores. Worst of all, it broke me out instantly! I wore it for a couple of hours that evening, then took it off at home. The following morning, sure enough, three pimples on the side of my face I tested the CC on!! The scary part is, I almost blamed my HG serum for the pimples! Now, that's just evil, CC! Shame on you! And don't get me started on the sky-high price tag!

I liked the coverage and color of this. It did a good job of disguising my redness and making my face look brighter and healthier. Sadly, like many others, it made me breakout after only 2 uses. I have sensitive skin, so I thought it was just me. But I read many reviews online at Sephora and it seems pretty unanimous that something in this makes a whole lot of people breakout. And badly. I don't have a problem with pimples other than 1 or 2 very small blemishes sometimes that usually go away within a couple of days. But this gave me big red deep pimple on my face.

I broke out from this after 2 days. Great coverage but nope

It Cosmetics CC cream lives up to the hype! I've been using this product every time I do my makeup since I got it about 5 months ago. I am in love with the shade Medium. It evens out my skin easily and gives my skin a really warm golden glowy tone to it. My skin is dry and NC 25-30 and because of adaptability of the product, I can wear this shade year round. Most foundations really accentuate my dry patches but this product seems to camouflage them. This product doesn't break me out and is easy to remove! I like that I don't have to scrub it off or have a tedious makeup removal routine like I would have with some heavy duty foundations. I set it with a translucent powder and if i need a bit more coverage I buff a little Bare Minerals over the top and I look naturally flawless. Also can't beat the high SPF!

I have actually replaced this at least three times, it's that good. I just caved on my wanderlust and am going to try something else, but I have had very little desire to, I and that is really unusual for me. I love the full coverage and yet it bonds with my skin to a pleasantly natural look. I think my skin has improved for wearing it and I can't think of any else I would say that about.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I always had oily skin but now that I'm on the other side of 30 and moved a bit further north, my skin is so dry and awful. This cc cream smooths over all of my texture and gives decent coverage. It really doesn't look like makeup. I still have to use a concealer on any blemishes but one layer applied with a brush or two with a sponge makes my pores look smaller, evens my skin tone, and gives me a nice dewy glow. I've even had good luck applying this with my fingers. It is very forgiving. I do wish they had a lighter shade but I can get away with fair. My only complaint is that it is not very long lasting without a primer. I've yet to find a primer that didn't break me out to use with this but that's just my crazy skin!

As CC creams/foundations go, this isn't bad. The coverage is buildable, it doesn't break me out, and it does seem to have relatively good lasting power.

The color range isn't spectacular, but I can make Fair work (I'm NW15). I think I truly fall somewhere between Fair and Light, because I get a slight whiteish cast when I wear this, but it's close enough and the formula is sheer enough that it's an ok match. It does a decent job of covering up my blemishes and dark spots, which is why I bought this in the first place.

I got suckered into buying the Heavenly Luxe brush with it, which does a decent job blending this. I like it enough that I'll keep using it and finish the tube, but I'm always on the hunt for something better.