Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 11/2/2014 5:00:00 PM

I love clinique products. But this cc cream is not for me. It stings my eyes, not immediately, but like an hour after applying it. I use it on top of clinique eye cream. After a while, the cc cream seems to slowly "flow" into my eyes, and I have to wash it off. I don't have the same problem with clinique city block, which I have used for like over 20 years.

on 10/28/2014 4:43:00 PM

A friend of mine uses this and I had to ask what it was. Initially, they didn't have a very wide color selection. Last week, at the Clinique counter, a perfect match. I live in a dry state, the moisture and coverage make this my go-to product. A bit of blush, mascara and out the door. I travel all the time, the tube is perfect for my "3oz. or less" life. Highly recommend! Tips- Use sparingly and blend with a brush.

I have a sample of this which I used on half of my face and compared to Clinique's Even Better SPF 15 foundation. They feel and smell the same. Minimal odor but identically greasy to the touch. The BB just has a bit more shine to it, likely due to the metallic ingredient concentration (pardon my laziness to go look at the tube for exact names) being twice as high in order to make the SPF twice as high. They both truly do work as a pretty good sunscreen. I can walk outside in hot sun for several hours and there will be no indication afterwards of having done that with these on. But I look like a greasy shining butterball face while walking around, especially with the BB.

I have this because the lady at ulta recommended it to me when I asked her what to get for dry skin and light coverage. I love it. It is blend able and perfect coverage. I powder it lightly to keep it in place all day because I have 17 hour days as a 9th grader. So I need something to stay and have no problems. I use the wet and wild coverall powder. and the price is pricey but I don't use much of the product and it lasts a long time so yeah:)

I normally wear a sheer tinted moisturizer for summer, but when the weather cools down and winter sucks the moisture out of my skin this is my go-to foundation. It has a thicker,creamy texture and helps my skin feel hydrated all day. It is buildable to medium coverage and leaves a slightly dewey, natural finish. The color selection is somewhat limited, but this does sheer out some and matches skin tone well...so don't let that scare you. It is very blendable and does not leave streaks. I like to apply this with a makeup sponge. Cream blush works well with this product. A nicely pigmented powder would help give more coverage if needed. This product would be a nightmare for anyone with even slightly oily skin.

on 9/19/2014 12:07:00 AM

I like this product but don't love it. I bought it instead of face sunscreen for my summer holidays as it's SPF30+ I'd tried many BB creams and they were all much much too oily, particularly for summer. This product is nice because it offers a bit more coverage than BB creams. It goes on feeling a bit thick but as it sets upon the face it feels quite weightless and powdery. The real drawback for me is that the shades are so limited I couldn't wear this as a foundation alone without looking a bit grey.

on 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have super dry skin - to the point where finding the right foundation is a major pain because I need liquid and moisture that will also not accentuate any dry patches. But sometimes I just don't feel like wearing foundation yet I do want some coverage so that I don't frighten the masses with my unpainted face when running errands. My skin is also very red and needs neutralization. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream solves these issues with ease, as well as additional benefits. [I am NC 30 usually and the light/medium shade works for me].

Pros:
Its thick enough it mimics foundation and spreads and blends easily. I feel it provides light medium coverage, which is great - it covers redness, blemishes, and evens out your entire skintone nicely. It leaves a great dewy look finish which I love and if it gets "too dewy" throughout the day I just blot with a tissue and continue on with my day. It looks very natural, which is great, and layers much better than foundation would/does if you need to touch it up. Its a wonderful moisturizer and leaves the skin feeling really soft. It comes in a tube so no worries re contamination or de-stabilizing of ingredients. Its SPF 30, a major plus.

Cons:
I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin types or those who break out because it is thick and super moisturizing. At $37 bucks a pop, its on the pricey side in comparison to other CC creams and its not a very large tube so if using daily it will run out far quicker than foundation does. There are probably cheaper and comparable CC's out there (I just haven't found any yet). If you are looking for fuller coverage (such as with foundation or BB cream), this isn't the product for you.

I do recommend this for dry skin where a touch of coverage is desired, as well as those who wish to even out skin tones or neutralize any redness.

on 8/1/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

like with all of cliniques foundations/face makeup, this was way way way too pink. i dont understand why they do this. it was last straw with this one. if you have skin the color of a hot dog then you can wear this but it will only work for people with really dry skin.

on 7/13/2014 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So I was looking for something to streamline my routine: I wanted SS, moisturizer, primer, a bit of glow, all in one. Thought this would fit the bill. Binned it after a week.

I picked this up at a Shoppers Beauty Boutique for around $35 Cdn. Which is a little steep but if it replaces a $40 primer/illuminator and a $15 SS/moisturizer, it's worth it. And it's Clinique, so the price was middle of the road for them. They do get lippies for the tube. I detest glass bottles and pumps and liked the sleek little, travel friendly tube.

Now I am fair. Like so fair, I don't notice the white cast in SS. The lowest foundation numbers don't fit me fair. And in this CC Cream, I am Light. Not Very Light. I am the second colour in. Total surprise. So for you super fair girls, get colour matched on this one.

Now for the road test: the consistency on this is really thick. I was expecting more spreadability and less spackle. It didn't spread over my face easily and I ended up putting it on like foundation, not like a moisturizer. With that thick consistency came thick coverage. Again, I expected sheer and glowy and what I got felt like foundation.

And looked like foundation. Nice skin in the bathroom, obvious makeup in natural light. That's not a bad thing, but not what I was looking for.

The salesgirl said that because this was from the Moisture Surge line it would be super hydrating. I am 39, with normal skin, not too dry, not too oily. And it is the height of summer, the 2 weeks of the year we get +25* temp. And it was barely moisturizing enough. My skin felt a little tight and I could have used a serum underneath. By Fall/Winter, I would need another layer underneath this. Which negates the whole 'streamlining my routine' thing.

They get lippies for the SPF 30. It worked, I didn't darken down on the days I wore this and I love a nice, high SPF.

Bottom line: fairly pricey, too makeup-ey, not moisturizing enough. Sticking with my Super City Block.

on 7/10/2014 7:22:00 PM

Horrible! Very hard to blend, the consistency is very thick! I have acne scars and It sits into them and make them visible ever than before!! So patchy!!! I try this 3-4 times and want to love this, but I can not!! Waste 45AUD...