NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

3.7

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate this powder! It's white and goes on like a ghost. It is completely unnatural, very very drying and flies all over the place because it is so fine. I would not recommend this horrible product. I threw it away before it was gone, which I never do!

on 5/10/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my HG setting powder. It's an exact dupe for all of the HE HD setting powders.. At half the cost. I love this stuff and will only use this because it sets my makeup so well and gives it a very dry and matte feeling. As the day goes on, my skin gets a little bit oily but not so much that it's greasy, but enough to look a little glowy if that makes sense. I just hate the packaging. When I first got this and travelled with it, white powder went everywhere. But to prevent this, I now put regular scotch tape over all the holes but 2 or 3. That way I can get a good amount of powder without having excess spill out :)

This stuff works well for me, but doesn't set my MU to last as long as UD All Nighter, but then, they are different products w/ similar goals. This stuff will give me a nice glow and set my MU for about 5 hours, after which I need to a minor touch up on my chin + nose. UD sets my MU for 12+ hours. But it doesn't give my a glow.

So, the type of day I'm going to have dictates which I use and I"m happy to have both in my rotation.

I"m test driving the NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder, so we will see if I stick w/ NYX or end up loving the NARS so much, that I'm willing to spend a ridiculous amount of $.

This stuff is fantastic. The oil will disappear from your face.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would honestly give this no stars if I could but there is no option for that. I wanted to try a more natural look with a transparent powder, since my skin is nice enough to handle less coverage now. Well I decided to give this a shot only to have a make up nightmare occur. I get to work and notice makeup specs all over my black sweater and black pants. I look at my face and have crusted powder all over my face. It looked so disturbing. I had to go to the bathroom and wipe my face with baby wipes I always keep in my car. Luckily my concealer saved the day top even my skin out. Never again.

on 4/14/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING! It's better than the MUFE one in my opinion.
I feel this one feels more silky and the price makes this a steal.
I've seen some reviews about how it's an HD powder and how it's horrible for photos, well most people use this incorrectly, it's a FINISHING powder. Not a blotting powder, not a powder foundation etc. (I'll get into that later)

This powder is so silky and makes my face baby soft!
I'm oily and I use powders a lot and I usually have a powdery feeling but with this it just adds a layer over my regular setting powder that feels so smooth and soft.
I'm semi matte with this which is great(it gives this slight natural glow), my makeup is flawless but my face doesn't look powdery or dull

if you use this as a setting powder you WILL get major flashback and it could make you look ghostly in person.
Turn it upside down, tap it. Turn it right side up and tap it again. Only get what's on the lid.
Using a black buffing brush, you shouldn't see or smell the powder and just pat it on or buff it on after everything and it gives that soft focus, nice smooth skin look, helps smooth out any cakiness and no flashback of ghostly look
It's meant to be used as the very last step to smooth everything out and it really makes the skin look AMAZING.
EVEN in flash photography.

on 1/6/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is meant to be a dupe for Makeup Forever HD setting powder and it's and EXACT dupe. This really helps set makeup and increases the wear time. It also helps mattify and blur imperfections. You have to be careful with it though, because if you use too much, it can be drying and cling to dry patches.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This like other reviewers have said is a dupe for MUFE's HD powder, much like the Coastal Scents silica spheres. Good amount of product for the price. It will keep your skin matte, with minimal touch-ups. I have oily skin and this really helps keep my makeup in place. The only thing to be mindful of is it *can* leave a slight white cast. At least on me, anyway- but I tend to apply with a heavy hand. I just make sure to really buff and blend in place. The packaging is a classic sifter and can get messy, but that's par for the course with these types of powders.

on 1/28/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because to set my under eye area by using a fan brush to delicately apply it. A little goes a long way for this product so be careful. The price is decent for what you're paying for compared to MuFE's, but the packaging is definitely not travel friendly. The cap is the only thing that's preventing the entire thing from spilling out and even so the packaging is mediocre so don't carry this with you unless you don't mind a cloud of white powder exploding from your makeup bag. If you don't let the product move around much and use less product, it's actually worth the money and I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/8/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this a shot before purchasing another NARS powder, because that stuff is so expensive. I'm so glad I did! Im pretty heavy handed when I apply powders, because I subscribe to the fallacious idea that "more is better!" So I was pleasantly surprised to discover you need hardly ANY in order to set your whole face with this. This is so finely milled, and not at all heavy. You can set everything without looking cakey whatsoever. I just tap my powder brush, after sweeping a tiny bit in the pan and cover everything in seconds. Amazing, love it.