Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin
BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3; Titanium Dioxide 4.7. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon-12, Cyclohexasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Citral, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

on 5/19/2014 12:08:00 PM

I'm in heaven with this BB cream, I think it's fabulous!!!! I've never been a huge fan of liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers just haven't given me enough coverage so BB creams have been a blessing for me. I've been using the original Garnier BB cream in Light/Medium for the last 8 months or so but I was running out and saw that they had it in an Oil Free formula so I switched over. I'm quite oily in the T-Zone and figured this one would work better during the summer and it has. I can go for hours longer wearing this and not have to blot once. After a week of wear, I've not experienced any breakouts at all, I like the coverage, it's fairly full coverage and the color is great too. It's pretty neutral and doesn't read orange at all on me and stays the same color throughout the day. I still apply my regular moisturizer underneath (CereVe) and set it with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Light Plus.

My only issue with this is the packaging...it has a screw-top instead of a flip-top and since it's a bit thinner than the original Garner BB cream it's messier to apply. Be careful or you'll end up with an explosion! I keep it in the box and store it upside down since the product tends to leak. I've given it 4 lippies because this is a bit inconvenient. Otherwise, LOVE!!!!

Smells strongly of alcohol so I was reluctant to put it on, but did anyway. I had the light medium shade which is a bit too light but medium deep would have been way off. My skin is usually slightly oily but my chin can sometimes obtain dry patches. If you have any dry patches do not use this. I couldn't even see any flakes on my chin (it looked normal) but when I put this on it brought out the appearance of the flakes I apparently had. I got a small rash on my nostril after using this and it hurt for a couple days (I do not have sensitive skin). It does have good coverage though, it is practically foundation. I would not buy this again because of the alcohol scent, my sometimes dry chin, and the rash it gave me.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

SHADE: Medium-Deep (for reference, I am around a NW43/NC50 in MAC and the shade Macao in the Nars sheer line); Looks a bit light, but blends in nicely to match my skin tone

COVERAGE: sheer, but can be built to nice a medium

FINISH: powder-like, matte. Feels really light on the skin

APPLICATION: I used to use a brush, and it gave me a really sheer almost cakey finish. I now use my fingers and massage it into my skin like a moisturizer. It's amazing when applied this way.

HOW WELL IT HOLDS UP: doesn't really control oil all that well, but after 8 hours I noticed that it still hadn't separated.

CLAIMS: Like all BB creams, this one has tons of claims. And of course, it doesn't hold up to any of those. So, for those who are looking for a miracle all in one product, this is not your best bet. But, if you just want something to even out your complexion, this is great.

PACKAGING: horrible. This stuff is super liquidy so it gets pretty messy being in a tube like this.

OVERALL: I RRRRREEEAAALLLLYYYY love this stuff, especially during these warmer spring days. Its so light-weight on the skin, I feel like I'm wearing nothing.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am NC35 in MAC prolong wear & wanted to use something more natural and cost effective for use at work (I work at an elementary school) . After watching a YouTube review by mamichulo (something like that), I needed it in my life! Anyways, I didn't like it. It made me look like I'm wearing makeup, makes my tone even more oily than usual, dries the skin around my nose. So I ran out of my MAC and have been using this for now. Worst idea I ever had, I've been having bad breakouts around my mouth area! I'm not sure if this product works better with people who have already nice skin?! But it doesn't work with mine, which is normally clear, somewhat visible pores on tzone, and combo skin. I really think there are other bb creams that will do a better job!

on 4/29/2014 5:02:00 PM

Okay so I can see that a lot of people did like it, so I'm surprised that I didn't as much. I dont know if it's the package I got or something, but when I first used it it was fine. Came out smoothly and looked fine on my skin. When I first bought it I thought it was a good alternative for foundation, and it was. But after a couple of uses the product inside the bottle got all runny and literally poured out whenever I opened the lid. I still used it because I didn't have any other foundation/bb cream. But then I stopped because it became really nasty so it basically just went in the trash. This product is good for the price, but wasn't worth it for me.

on 5/7/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I absolutely love it! Perfect matte finish, doesn't feel heavy on skin and actually, it's healthy (healthier than a foundation at least)

I have oily skin... Incredibly oily skin... This stuff is great for me. I apply it in the morning and top it off with bare minerals original foundation. Perfect combo for me! I look fresh and glowy without turning into an oil slick by mid afternoon... Seriously! I never really bought into the whole BB cream hype.. But, I do like this and will definitely keep it in my foundation rotation...

on 4/20/2014 10:01:00 PM

I bought this version when I ran out of the regular Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector. I like it, but not nearly as much as I like the original. It does a decent job at controlling shine, however I do not find the overall effect to be as nice as the original. I find the colour to be a tad dark and more orange. Also I find the smell of this version to be less appealing.

So I bought this product a year ago.( I no longer use it) I went to Walmart and decided to try this out. I wanted something with a little more coverage than the Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer. It definitely gave more coverage about a medium coverage. It changed color throughout the day-not a plus. When you 1st apply it, its not a big deal. I remember putting it on and looking dead. I got this in a light color. It just looked more gray than skin color. It made me look like I was a ghost! I tried this product on my mom's skin because she has more oily/big pores type of skin... It also did not look good and later oxidizes.

It wasn't a bad BB Cream. The only con was it made me look dead.
It wasn't that pale but the formula was just a little more on the gray side. I would not recommend this product if you like products with a dewy/glowy finish. If you want a product with more coverage but not the feeling of foundation, I recommend it. It gives a solid good medium coverage that covers blemishes, redness, uneven skin, etc.

Pros:
- Medium coverage
- Does not break me out
- Lasting power is about 5 to 6 hours (without primer/moisturizer)
- Plenty of product
- Good packaging
- Good Price for amount of product
- Blendable
- Covers pimples

Cons:
- Gray-ish undertone (definitely no yellow/pink undertone in it)

Thanks,
Aileen

on 4/25/2014 6:49:00 PM

I love this product. I have traded in my smash box foundation and stila bb cream in favor of this. I bought it on sale at target on a whim. The med light tone makes my yellow toned fair skin look creamy and flawless. Even better I have reduced breakouts. For everyday where I mix it with a bit of oil free moisturizer. For work and times when I need it to last I apply it on top of smash box photo finish primer with a foundation brush. I love this product I cannot recommend it highly enough.