Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Though not light or sheer at all, this does strike me as a sheerer, more transparent cousin to Chanel Chance, which is just too strong and overpowering for me, and not to mention slightly adehelidic and powdery on the finish, which THIS is not, but I really do like this. It has the tones of orange blossom and iris of Chance, although in this more iris and less orange blossom, which is, again, a plus for me, and a lovely sugary but not sickly or immature sweet version of patchouli. This won't be a be all, end all favorite, but one I like well enough and appreciate well enough to wear as a change-up on occasion for something new from my more tried and true fragrance love Burberry the Beat and the more niche fragrances I adore from houses such as Jo Malone and Diptyque. Always worth a sample or a spray to test. I myself got a free sample from a Sephora order. I don't know if I would purchase it, but I will use the sample and maybe at a later time or if more free iterations of this fragrance ever come my way again, I will use and love for a new tryst. Yes, it is popular and loved by many and I can see the mass appeal, which is part of the reason why it likely won't be too much of a signature for me (not because it is popular necessarily but just because it smells just slightly too generic to be a signature for me) but for the fragrance itself, it is very nice and should be tried and can be widely appreciated and enjoyed by those who truly love and gravitate to it. I am just the biggest of big or even semi- big fans, though I am a fan. Also, if you find Flowerbomb TOO sugary or immature. This is a close but much more elevated and slightly more mature and more full-bodied, "well-endowed" version of a fragrance in a similar category without them smelling EXACTLY the same. Hope this helps and makes sense. Fragrance tangent for the win! :)

on 9/10/2015 7:44:00 PM

Nice scent, really gets compliments, but it is too sweet and nothing so special to hold my interest for the next couple of decades. I can wear it to work, hence you know it is pleasant but boring. I wonder where this will be in 10 years -will it be a classic? I doubt it, and I would not repurchase.
Think of how difficult it is to create a unique perfume nowadays!

on 8/12/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sick syrupy mess. Very synthetic and headache inducing. Ugh! I don't care for this at all. It's a poor version of Flowerbomb.

on 6/8/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Got this one for my birthday!
It's a very sweet scent. It lasts very very long, and the first time I wore it, I received a lot of compliments about my perfume.
I would really recommend it :)

smells good but at first it has a really strong alcoholy patchouli scent. after that it becomes more sweet but in a mature way. unlike pink sugar. lasts a long time and is very strong

on 5/13/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favorite daytime perfume ever! This smell is so addictive and it lasts me all day. It's a really heavy scent so if you're not into that this may not be for you. But I'm obsessed and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. This perfume makes me feel classy, beautiful and sensual, so this really boosts my confidence, LOVE IT!

on 3/13/2015 4:37:00 AM

5star for everything! Smell, Lasting level, Design of bottle, Relevancy of smell with bottle and name, and lovely option that blinds can read its name too with Brail script on its box ^_^ Despite other opinions I believe its LIKE NO OTHER!

I have been a fan of sweet fragrances in general but just recently I kind of felt it is way too much of sweet fragrances I have and not other kinds since I always hated strong bitter or solely floral scents.
ei. I got DIESEL LOVERDOSE which is sth I wear not more than once every 3 months due to its excess sweetness.
But this one, the feeling I had about its smell from the moment I apply it to several hours later that I still feel its scent all around me, It's interesting, and because it kind of changes over these stages, I think it has the same impression as YSL BELLE D'OPIUM on me. So I like the smell transition and also the way it lasts for long time totally worth it for the price.

so this could be a "complete" thing for anyone who is a fan of sweet fragrance, without any excess dominant scent (sweet/sour/strong/...) cause it's got the sweetness, spiciness, freshness, and strongness alltogether and makes a balance in between these.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Oh this reminds me of Pink Sugar, Coco Mademoiselle, & Flowerbomb. I really liked it at first and it lasts longer on my skin than any of the others, but I hate the sugary black currant note. I will not re-buy.

on 2/20/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HG perfume alert!!
Ive been looking for a nice sweet feminine fragrance for a while and when i smelled this perfume i knew it was the one. It smells so fresh and sweet and kind of like apples as well. Its a very comforting feminine womanly smell , whenever i wear it outside strangers always comment on how beautiful it smells, thats how i know its a good-un .
Pros
.beautiful smell
. lasts on your skin and clothes for a very long time
. product itself lasts a long time as you dont need to spray alot
Cons
. price is slightly expensive

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I discovered this perfume in Dec 2014.
I have allways loved chocolate based fragrances and previously have worn Flowerbomb.
I ordered 4 gift sets from Boots in the january sale online, but after all that they had ran out.
So I ended up buying the 100ml instead and have worn it everyday since.
Its very similar to flowerbomb on my skin.But the Praline seems to last heavily on my neck,catch it now and then.Its not as obvious to my nose.I sometimes think some scents dont last.But according to others they can smell the perfume still.
I have bought a spare bottle for when I run out as I had a money off voucher.

Popular Fragrances