Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

This is a really great product, because a little goes a long way, it has a nice fresh scent, the texture is soft, creamy, and velvety. It stays on all day, and helps keep my oily skin under control. I use this on top of a foundation primer (or use milk of magnesia) and it stays on matte, covers my pores, any scars, and uneven skin tone.
I have had this product for 2 months and I have barely put a dent in the bottle, I swear it lasts forever!

make sure you really wash your face good at the end of the day after wearing this product, it stays on your skin really good, so wash your face thoroughly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Feels like a dream on my skin and covers so well!!!!! HG!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am basing this review on the samples I received from the Jane Iredale website-received them really quickly too. I got BB1, BB3 and BB5. BB1 is extremely light more on the neutral side, BB3 is slightly cool, BB5 is darker and much more yellow shade. I found the perfect color putting a drop of the BB5 in with a little of the BB1 and mixing. Perfect light warm color. I tried it out yesterday for the first time. It went on great and I set it with powder. Only tried around my chin/mouth area only to see if it would break me out. I thought it would be good but by the end of the day it started to separate and didn't look good. Looked a little chalky in that area. Glad I only got a sample.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample with my latest order of Jane Iredale mineral base. I'm glad they sent it because now I know it's not for me. I prefer a very matte look to my makeup and this made me very shiny. I looked in the mirror at work around 11:00 and talk about a shine-fest! Did not work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So upset this broke me out and has major silicones plus it makes my skin mask like and oily.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was too thick and made me look like I had on a mask. Maybe it is because I usually stick to tinted moisturizers but it was too much and by the end of the day was a shiny mess.

It took me several tries to learn how to get the finish I wanted with this product. I don't need much coverage, so I was using the blending sponge with a little D20 spray to sheer it out. After seeing a video where an artist used the blending brush to apply the glowtime primer, then use the same brush with the primer on it to apply the BB cream. I gave it a try and I finally have that polished glow I was looking for. If you apply too heavy it can be very streaky. This product needs a bit of care to have it blend into your skin.
It doesn't have the heavy smell of the dream tint, however it is a thicker product. I like to top it with the pressed finishing powder then continue with my blush, etc before my finishing spray. It lasts all day, doesn't streak if I'm caught in the rain, and protects my skin from the sun.
This is the most expensive foundation I've yet purchased along with the primer, but you use only a pea sized drop ( sometimes less) so I can see it lasting at least a year for me.
If you want to try a full coverage BB with ingredients good for your skin please give this a try. The shades are somewhat forgiving but I would definitely get a sample or have it tested on you from a salon before buying the whole product.

I LOVE this BB cream! I have never tried one until now! Beautiful, buildable coverage and gives you a healthy glow! I use the Jane Brightening Primer underneath, and then the Pressed Base over top with a spray of the Balance Antioxidant spray and it looks beautiful! My skin never looked so healthy! And with such amazing ingredients too that will help my skin. Loving breathable, mineral make up.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: This is no longer my holy gail. Now that winter has rolled around, the awful weather has put my makeup to the test and this does not hold up on a cold day. It caked up and made me super dry and flaky (which was gross) despite using an oil serum and heavy moisturizer before application. I suspect this has to do with the dimethicone that's fairly high on the ingredient list. I was a little disappointed to read that but was willing to look past it since JI is cruelty-free and the other makeup is fabulous. I own a lot of their stuff and love it, but this foundation just doesn't do it for me in the winter months, so I had to toss it.
______________________________________________________________________

Holy Grail! Not only does that color match (NC20 - 25 for reference), it looks amazing, feels amazing, doesn't break me out, and it's made with a bunch of crazy good for your skin ingredients. The only negative about this stuff is how expensive it is. But if you know if you're shade you can find it on ebay for about 15 bucks less than what you would normally pay, which is around 50 bucks.

I can't describe how in love with this foundation I am. Coverage can be adjusted depending on how glowy you want to look. I have super dry skin so I have to moisturize with rose hip oil first, then a cream moisturizer, and then the bb cream. The result I get is smooth, healthy skin all day long and I don't even have to set this with a powder. For those women with oilier skin, you would probably want to set with a translucent powder or blot during the day.

If you were on the fence about this, you absolutely need to try it!! I highly recommend the entire Jane Iredale Line. Just as a side note, I've tried just about everything else of theirs and I love everything about them (minus the price, of course).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage, but my face starts shining after an hour!! Even when I am just applying a very thin layer. I feel like this BB cream is too much of a foundation. Even though it should not clog my pores, I fell like my skin becomes more blemish prone when I use this product. I stopped using it, and my skin cleared after just 2 days of just using a mineral powder. I then tried the BB cream again, to give it another go, but was left disapointed yet again. I get this reaction both when I use it by itself or with a layer of powder on top.
My face does have a tendency to shine, but this product definitely stimulates the oil production further.
I cannot recommend this product for people with blemish prone and/or oily skin.