Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product shouldn't be compared to a tinted moisturizer its texture is comparatively thick. I've had a tube of this since October 2012, a mere 8 months ago and I still have a lot of product left. I use this sparingly because of its rich texture, however if I find myself using upwards, close to the size of a dime, its way to much and the color build up will cause me to appear unnatural. For the price, the texture and longevity of its use it justifies the $48, I'm just not a fan of the color. The base of color seem to 'sag' my appearance, I'm guessing there's a lot of gray pigments in the make up of the cream. Not dissatisfied with the product, just not loyal. I do LOVE Jane Iredale, I'll just stick with her powders for the time being.

This is a really great product, because a little goes a long way, it has a nice fresh scent, the texture is soft, creamy, and velvety. It stays on all day, and helps keep my oily skin under control. I use this on top of a foundation primer (or use milk of magnesia) and it stays on matte, covers my pores, any scars, and uneven skin tone.
I have had this product for 2 months and I have barely put a dent in the bottle, I swear it lasts forever!

make sure you really wash your face good at the end of the day after wearing this product, it stays on your skin really good, so wash your face thoroughly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Feels like a dream on my skin and covers so well!!!!! HG!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was too thick and made me look like I had on a mask. Maybe it is because I usually stick to tinted moisturizers but it was too much and by the end of the day was a shiny mess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am basing this review on the samples I received from the Jane Iredale website-received them really quickly too. I got BB1, BB3 and BB5. BB1 is extremely light more on the neutral side, BB3 is slightly cool, BB5 is darker and much more yellow shade. I found the perfect color putting a drop of the BB5 in with a little of the BB1 and mixing. Perfect light warm color. I tried it out yesterday for the first time. It went on great and I set it with powder. Only tried around my chin/mouth area only to see if it would break me out. I thought it would be good but by the end of the day it started to separate and didn't look good. Looked a little chalky in that area. Glad I only got a sample.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So upset this broke me out and has major silicones plus it makes my skin mask like and oily.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample with my latest order of Jane Iredale mineral base. I'm glad they sent it because now I know it's not for me. I prefer a very matte look to my makeup and this made me very shiny. I looked in the mirror at work around 11:00 and talk about a shine-fest! Did not work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage, but my face starts shining after an hour!! Even when I am just applying a very thin layer. I feel like this BB cream is too much of a foundation. Even though it should not clog my pores, I fell like my skin becomes more blemish prone when I use this product. I stopped using it, and my skin cleared after just 2 days of just using a mineral powder. I then tried the BB cream again, to give it another go, but was left disapointed yet again. I get this reaction both when I use it by itself or with a layer of powder on top.
My face does have a tendency to shine, but this product definitely stimulates the oil production further.
I cannot recommend this product for people with blemish prone and/or oily skin.

It took me several tries to learn how to get the finish I wanted with this product. I don't need much coverage, so I was using the blending sponge with a little D20 spray to sheer it out. After seeing a video where an artist used the blending brush to apply the glowtime primer, then use the same brush with the primer on it to apply the BB cream. I gave it a try and I finally have that polished glow I was looking for. If you apply too heavy it can be very streaky. This product needs a bit of care to have it blend into your skin.
It doesn't have the heavy smell of the dream tint, however it is a thicker product. I like to top it with the pressed finishing powder then continue with my blush, etc before my finishing spray. It lasts all day, doesn't streak if I'm caught in the rain, and protects my skin from the sun.
This is the most expensive foundation I've yet purchased along with the primer, but you use only a pea sized drop ( sometimes less) so I can see it lasting at least a year for me.
If you want to try a full coverage BB with ingredients good for your skin please give this a try. The shades are somewhat forgiving but I would definitely get a sample or have it tested on you from a salon before buying the whole product.

I LOVE this BB cream! I have never tried one until now! Beautiful, buildable coverage and gives you a healthy glow! I use the Jane Brightening Primer underneath, and then the Pressed Base over top with a spray of the Balance Antioxidant spray and it looks beautiful! My skin never looked so healthy! And with such amazing ingredients too that will help my skin. Loving breathable, mineral make up.