Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

I received this BB cream as a sample when I purchased some lipstick from Nordstrom. The first time I put it on, I didn't read the instructions and used way, way, way too much. It was awful. It looked like I had a mask on. I was about to toss it, when I saw on the instructions that the sample should last for at least 3 applications. I tried it again the next day, using just a pea size amount and applying it just like the video on Jane Iredale's website shows and it was absolutely amazing. I am hooked. I have redness on my face and this hides EVERYTHING. I don't need any concealer at all. And if you apply it right, using just the tiniest amount, you will get the perfect coverage without it looking like you're wearing a lot of makeup. The sample I received has lasted me for 5 or 6 applications and I still have some left. Every time I wear this, I receive compliments on my appearance. Not to mention, it is waterproof, so I can put it on when I know I'm going to the pool that day. I love, love, love this BB cream. It does tend to make me a little shiny, so I don't use moisturizer when I wear it and that way it gives me the most perfect dewy finish. It is a bit pricey, but I imagine with how little product that you have to use, that it will last for a year. I am definitely buying this when my sample runs out.

This cream pools in the pores on my nose, making me look polka-dotted. It sits on top of the skin instead of sinking in, so it looks really obvious no matter how little I use. I have to give it a long time to settle before it starts to look natural. Even then, the polka-dots remain. If you have invisible pores, then this might work for you.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product shouldn't be compared to a tinted moisturizer its texture is comparatively thick. I've had a tube of this since October 2012, a mere 8 months ago and I still have a lot of product left. I use this sparingly because of its rich texture, however if I find myself using upwards, close to the size of a dime, its way to much and the color build up will cause me to appear unnatural. For the price, the texture and longevity of its use it justifies the $48, I'm just not a fan of the color. The base of color seem to 'sag' my appearance, I'm guessing there's a lot of gray pigments in the make up of the cream. Not dissatisfied with the product, just not loyal. I do LOVE Jane Iredale, I'll just stick with her powders for the time being.

This is a really great product, because a little goes a long way, it has a nice fresh scent, the texture is soft, creamy, and velvety. It stays on all day, and helps keep my oily skin under control. I use this on top of a foundation primer (or use milk of magnesia) and it stays on matte, covers my pores, any scars, and uneven skin tone.
I have had this product for 2 months and I have barely put a dent in the bottle, I swear it lasts forever!

make sure you really wash your face good at the end of the day after wearing this product, it stays on your skin really good, so wash your face thoroughly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Feels like a dream on my skin and covers so well!!!!! HG!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was too thick and made me look like I had on a mask. Maybe it is because I usually stick to tinted moisturizers but it was too much and by the end of the day was a shiny mess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am basing this review on the samples I received from the Jane Iredale website-received them really quickly too. I got BB1, BB3 and BB5. BB1 is extremely light more on the neutral side, BB3 is slightly cool, BB5 is darker and much more yellow shade. I found the perfect color putting a drop of the BB5 in with a little of the BB1 and mixing. Perfect light warm color. I tried it out yesterday for the first time. It went on great and I set it with powder. Only tried around my chin/mouth area only to see if it would break me out. I thought it would be good but by the end of the day it started to separate and didn't look good. Looked a little chalky in that area. Glad I only got a sample.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So upset this broke me out and has major silicones plus it makes my skin mask like and oily.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample with my latest order of Jane Iredale mineral base. I'm glad they sent it because now I know it's not for me. I prefer a very matte look to my makeup and this made me very shiny. I looked in the mirror at work around 11:00 and talk about a shine-fest! Did not work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage, but my face starts shining after an hour!! Even when I am just applying a very thin layer. I feel like this BB cream is too much of a foundation. Even though it should not clog my pores, I fell like my skin becomes more blemish prone when I use this product. I stopped using it, and my skin cleared after just 2 days of just using a mineral powder. I then tried the BB cream again, to give it another go, but was left disapointed yet again. I get this reaction both when I use it by itself or with a layer of powder on top.
My face does have a tendency to shine, but this product definitely stimulates the oil production further.
I cannot recommend this product for people with blemish prone and/or oily skin.