Jane Iredale Glow Time Full-Coverage Mineral BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Settles in pores big time. Nothing like other BB creams, more like heavy foundation. The only way I could use this is if I mixed it with moisturizer & made a TM out of it, but that defeats the purpose of the spf. The sample BB5 was an ok match for my nc20 skin tone, though a bit too yellow.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I desperately wanted to love this (at least like it enough to use it!) as, although it contains some nasties (all higher SPF BB creams & sunscreens are dependent on titanium dioxide & other oxides in order to block UV rays), it has far less in the way of the plethora of other truly nasty additives than other BB creams.

The only virtues of the Glow Time range is that there is a reasonable selection of shades in order to find the best match for your skin tone. I started out getting 05 as 03 was too light for me, but the 05 has so much yellow in it that I was shocked when I was blotting my face in full daylight the first day I wore it, so I foolishly bought the 03 to mix with it. Well, I did end up with a shade that looks fairly natural (although still weirder than any other BB creams I've tried) but, consequently, now have 2 tubes of expensive BB cream I don't want to touch again.

WHY I HATE IT: This 'stuff' leaves my face looking like a lunar landscape, even with wads of primer & a good dusting with my favourite setting powder. It rides into my fine lines & pores throughout the course of the day and sets there... and the blotting! By mid-way through the day I'm having to blot every hour just to keep the grease around my nose, chin & forehead from trickling down. I've gone through a packet of ELF blotting paper over the course of a couple of weeks of experimenting with mixing half a pea-sized amount with different moisturisers, using different primers, no primers, etc. in the hopes of making it work for me.

WHO IT MAY WORK FOR: Bearing in mind that I'm 54, I'd prefer to bypass foundations & use powder to even out my complexion nowadays as, unless they're extremely sheer, I don't think we older lasses can carry off foundation during the day without it calling attention to every crepey area of the face & our ever-growing pores. It would possibly work on younger skin and I have to note that, once dusted over with a setting powder to eliminate the glittery effect, it doesn't have that strange vinyl mask finish other BB creams do.

As for me, however, I still stand firm on disliking it. Aside from not appreciating the coarse appearance this products gives my skin, I can't stand being so aware of my face due to the pooling oil slicks all day.

The two lippies are for the sunscreen factor. I'm sticking with my Gowoonsesang (Dr. G), thank you very much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, acne-prone, medium with golden undertone and quite sensitive to certain foundations and creams. I've tried a lot of BB creams in the past but nothing covers quite like the Jane Iredale BB Cream. It feels almost like a cream foundation or maybe even a concealer. It covers red spots and scars quite well. You only really need a little bit otherwise it will look cakey. Then, I set it with Jane Iredale Pressed Powder and spray it with the Jane Iredale antioxidant spray. It gives my face a glowy look that lasts from 8 am to 1 pm then my face becomes too oily and I'd have to use a blotting paper to take out all the excess oil. Especially if you are in the office for 8-9 hours where the AC is on full blast (the air is so dry that your skin thinks it needs to produce more oil to compensate for the outside factors). So, even though I like how it covers and the fact that it doesn't make me break out, I am stuck with a problem regarding the length of wear I can use this for. I'm going to finish the bottle but I'm going to start looking for alternatives I can use for everyday office use. And then, also find one to use for weddings and special events that require long lasting wear through winter or summer humidity.

I received this BB cream as a sample when I purchased some lipstick from Nordstrom. The first time I put it on, I didn't read the instructions and used way, way, way too much. It was awful. It looked like I had a mask on. I was about to toss it, when I saw on the instructions that the sample should last for at least 3 applications. I tried it again the next day, using just a pea size amount and applying it just like the video on Jane Iredale's website shows and it was absolutely amazing. I am hooked. I have redness on my face and this hides EVERYTHING. I don't need any concealer at all. And if you apply it right, using just the tiniest amount, you will get the perfect coverage without it looking like you're wearing a lot of makeup. The sample I received has lasted me for 5 or 6 applications and I still have some left. Every time I wear this, I receive compliments on my appearance. Not to mention, it is waterproof, so I can put it on when I know I'm going to the pool that day. I love, love, love this BB cream. It does tend to make me a little shiny, so I don't use moisturizer when I wear it and that way it gives me the most perfect dewy finish. It is a bit pricey, but I imagine with how little product that you have to use, that it will last for a year. I am definitely buying this when my sample runs out.

This cream pools in the pores on my nose, making me look polka-dotted. It sits on top of the skin instead of sinking in, so it looks really obvious no matter how little I use. I have to give it a long time to settle before it starts to look natural. Even then, the polka-dots remain. If you have invisible pores, then this might work for you.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product shouldn't be compared to a tinted moisturizer its texture is comparatively thick. I've had a tube of this since October 2012, a mere 8 months ago and I still have a lot of product left. I use this sparingly because of its rich texture, however if I find myself using upwards, close to the size of a dime, its way to much and the color build up will cause me to appear unnatural. For the price, the texture and longevity of its use it justifies the $48, I'm just not a fan of the color. The base of color seem to 'sag' my appearance, I'm guessing there's a lot of gray pigments in the make up of the cream. Not dissatisfied with the product, just not loyal. I do LOVE Jane Iredale, I'll just stick with her powders for the time being.

This is a really great product, because a little goes a long way, it has a nice fresh scent, the texture is soft, creamy, and velvety. It stays on all day, and helps keep my oily skin under control. I use this on top of a foundation primer (or use milk of magnesia) and it stays on matte, covers my pores, any scars, and uneven skin tone.
I have had this product for 2 months and I have barely put a dent in the bottle, I swear it lasts forever!

make sure you really wash your face good at the end of the day after wearing this product, it stays on your skin really good, so wash your face thoroughly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Feels like a dream on my skin and covers so well!!!!! HG!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was too thick and made me look like I had on a mask. Maybe it is because I usually stick to tinted moisturizers but it was too much and by the end of the day was a shiny mess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am basing this review on the samples I received from the Jane Iredale website-received them really quickly too. I got BB1, BB3 and BB5. BB1 is extremely light more on the neutral side, BB3 is slightly cool, BB5 is darker and much more yellow shade. I found the perfect color putting a drop of the BB5 in with a little of the BB1 and mixing. Perfect light warm color. I tried it out yesterday for the first time. It went on great and I set it with powder. Only tried around my chin/mouth area only to see if it would break me out. I thought it would be good but by the end of the day it started to separate and didn't look good. Looked a little chalky in that area. Glad I only got a sample.