Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.3

on 9/11/2008 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite perfume by far. I have yet to find anything that smells as sexy, outstanding and unique as this, plus it stays on very long. Yes, it is indeed rather strong so a little bit goes a long way, plus if you are not familiar with the smell, you need to wait a bit for it to dry down before you can appreciate it. Even though I love it from the very minute I spray it on me, I understand that it's strong enough to make people nauseous when they come across someone that has too much on.
It seems more suitable to wear in fall/winter, preferrably on special occasions. I don't think you can easily get away with wearing this in the summer heat, plus I think it's way too sexy and rich to just spray on and head to work (though I have to admit I have not been able to resist the urge to wear this at work a couple of times in the past). But if worn at the right time and place and in the right quantity, imho this can turn into seduction potion;-)
Only downside is the price which I find a bit exaggerated; I couldn't really afford this myself but mom and aunts know it's my fav so I get it as a gift all the time.
All in all gorgeous stuff to me, way too rich, unique and sexy to be called "Angel" indeed. I guess it is one of the things you will either love or hate. You'll never know till you try.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So I finlly purchased Angel after years of should I/ shouldn't I? I'm glad I did, I absolutely love it, but I agree with most reviewers - a TINY drop of this fragrance is all that's needed. I immediately smell chocolate and orange as soon as I spray it, but after an hour of drydown, the patchouli comes through. Normally I hate patchouli - too hippie-ish for me, but in Angel, it's tempered by other notes, which I can't quite identify.

This is the ONLY fragrance that I've received lots of compliments on (apart from Jo Malone's wild fig and cassis).

It's also the only fragrance where my husband has said 'You smell GOOD - mmmmmm!' So, I think I'll stick with it for a while

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Smells like bad chocolate. That's the best description I can think of. The packaging is an adorable blue star, but the liquid inside is nauseating.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I must say this is a love it or hate it scent. I love it. My boyfriend hates it. He calls my choice of perfumes "old-lady like" (I'm 19). I tend to fall for thick scents along the lines of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, Fendi's Classic scent, obviously Thierry Mugler's Angel.. and other heavy, strong scents. I'm not one to wear body sprays, Britney Spears' catasrophe's, or any fruity or floral. If this description sounds like you, then I would say Angel is for you. Also, you can always tell when someone is wearing this delectable number because it's so noticable. Anything but subtle.

*Bonus: Refills @ Macy's!

on 6/18/2008 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A signature fragrance for me. I truly LOVE it.

I was wearing this for quiet a few years before anyone else I knew wore it. I felt like it was MY fragrance. I hated to tell anyone what it was or they would be running out to get it. A few years back I stopped wearing it because I felt like it was everywhere. Now I wear it again and I feel like I was missing an old friend.

Sweet but sexy. Soft but Fragrant. Angel is a contradiction. It was considered the first gourmand fragrance and to me still the BEST.

Bottle is beautiful and I love the refill program.

I will say this about Angel, it evokes strong responses you either LOVE it or HATE it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a small vial of this from Sephora so that I could test it out and I couldn't believe how cloying it was. It had too much musk and had a chocolate note in it that my skin did not pick up too well. I don't think this is suitable for me. It commands attention to pull it off as well a good skin chemistry. I will have to pass on this. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

on 3/28/2008 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Today I first smelled this. It's awful! I was with 2 friends and they both thought the same. According to osmoz this has bergamot, mandarin, passion fruit, peach, apricot, patchouli, vanilla, chocolate and caramel. This should smell gourmand in theory but it doesn't. My first impression of this was.. DIRTY WOMAN (literarily speaking) like some lady who hasn't take a shower in a year... :S I think all these notes crash and the result is this. 2 lippies for the bottle that is beautiful, and the lasting power which is great.

on 3/24/2008 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is both a good and a bad review.

On my friend, this smells heavenly - rich and powdery and incense like. the first time she wore it, I followed her around scenting the breeze. it was exquisite.

So I tried it myself - and it was horrific. On my skin, the stench was repulsive. It actually made me feel sick. I tried scrubbing it off with washing-up liquid, soap and shower gel, and STILL felt nauseous most of the day.

And sadly, since then, whenever I smell it on my friend, I feel sick.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I went for years destesting this scent. I recieved a sample spray and out of the blue decided to "retest" it. The first initial spray, I wrinkled up my nose, but after 5 minutes or so, the fragrance "settled". To my surprise (and I was seriously surprised!), I found that I liked it. I detect notes of chocolate, vanilla, oranges, licorice and patchouli. This isn't something I would wear all the time, because it is such a heavy scent. I fear that I would offend someone, lol. My boyfriend has a serious dislike for Angel and isn't afraid to voice it, numerous times. But for some reason, Angel is addictive. Once you spray, you have this crazy urge to spray again and obsessively sniffing your wrists. I now have a full size bottle in my perfume collection, but I have to be in the mood to wear it, and especially when I am alone, to fully enjoy all the notes to this scent. I probably wouldn't repurchase this, because my bottle will probably last me forever, but the times I do wear it, I really enjoy it now.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this perfume!!! The first time I smelled it on someone I thought it was the most amazing smell I have ever smelled. I immediately went out and bought a bottle. Yes, it is a little pricey but you get what you pay for, and this is pure luxury. I actually have allergies and can only wear a few select fragrences without having a reaction, and even though this is a strong perfume I have absolutely no problems. I cannot get through a day without a man telling me I smell amazing. This perfume is divine! It is worth every penny.

Popular Fragrances