Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have skin and prefer a highlighted under eye. This powder sets the concealer to avoid it from moving or creasing while at the same time giving my a lighter cast under my eyes which I enjoy. I don't not recommend setting the entire face with this powder as it can make you a appear ashy is over applied. Also throughout the day I do not find that it blocks the oil from resurfacing. I can't say I love the packaging but it's very affordable for I'll live with it.

Wow - how have I not tried this before now?

Sets my under eye concealer w/ out drying my eyes out like almost every other powder I have tried does (use just a little bit). I also use to set my slightly oily nose area. I bend back only a little bit of the tape over the holes so as to severely limit the amount I shake out each time. I personally love the smell (like roses IMO). Its inexpensive at Walmart. It goes on very silky.

I have the natural/neutral version and while I would certainly re-purchase, this container is going to last me several years so won't need to in the foreseeable future.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Best drugstore level powder I've found besides innisfree mint mineral powder (if that counts?). Ive tried many different powders, and this is in the top 5.I even have the higher end Tarte Smooth Operater loose version,and the Mac studio fix, but this one still makes my makeup stay matte for alot longer and no creases.
Been using this since 15 and cant really find anything better.You can find Coty in Walmart,CVS, amazon ,etc . Only con is the packaging, Dont drop it or tap it too hard lol,gets kinda messy. Minus that part, I highly recommend this powder!!! Seriously, its only 6 dollars for like 2.3 ounces. It will last a good while.
For reference, I have very sensitive oily,acne prone skin, with large pores and dry patches on the sides of my face. (this does not stick to dry patches ) Also Coty airspun comes in different shades including translucent, i use naturally neutral.

on 6/17/2016 11:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this powder in "translucent." As my fellow WoC know, translucent does not necessarily mean translucent for anyone who isn't fair skinned. I'm tan (I would definitely be considered light on the tan spectrum) and this powder leaves a nasty pale cast on my face and dulls my complexion. It not only lightens my skin but the color of the powder cancels out my natural warmth and glow. Not to mention the smell is unpleasant (think 99 year old woman in a retirement home) and disturbingly overpowering. The smell does fade, but to me this product is nowhere near worth its downsides.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week and I'm loving it! I use it to "bake" and it works perfectly. I have oily skin and it has helped keep it under control. I also love the smell! I reminds me of the way Cabbage Patch dolls used to smell when I was a kid!lol

on 6/14/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Everytime I use this powder is breaks me out. I don't like the extreme strong fragrance, it smells like grandma-style perfume. The smells goes away but it is there, it is intense. The packaging is messy, I always blow powder everywhere trying to get a tiny bit. I bought it because of Tati on YouTube and I dislike it.

on 4/20/2016 4:29:00 PM

I have literally had my Coty Airspun for like 10 years. I am about 1/2 finished with the cardboard tub (not even sure they make the cardboard container anymore). I use it about 3x per week. I paid around $6 for it I think? So yeah, great value.

It has a velvety, slightly heavier finish than more "modern" powders. However it doesn't LOOK heavy on the skin, though you will look "powdered." It is an excellent mattifier, adds additional coverage (even if you get a translucent shade), maybe to the extent of many mineral foundations, and lasts all day. I adore the scent.

It doesn't blur or any of that fancy nowadays business but it's a quality product. As much as I love to look at the packaging, it makes a holy hell of a mess.

It's one of those that has a little bit of magic to it.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This powder is amazing at oil control, seriously kept me matte all day!! really like the texture, doesn't make you look too powdery or cakey if dusted on well. Incredible formula, comparable to LM's loose translucent powder.

Okay, the reason why its only 4 lippies is because of the smell. I CANNOT stand the smell. I read previous reviews before about how some won't like it, but I'm usually not too bothered by these things. This one though... whew!!! the moment I opened it, the smell just overpowered everything. It is STRONG, to the point that it made me really really reluctant to put it on my face. It lingers as well, I got faint whiffs of it throughout the day. Awful. Like old, dusty perfume.

The formula is good enough for me to deal with that, though. I guess if you're chill with the smell then its worth it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this powder!

This powder competes with my Rimmel Stay Matte for HG status. This powder is a great deal, its like $5 for 2.3 oz compared to my Stay Matte, which is $4 for .49 oz. And I go through the Stay Matte pretty quick, whereas I have had my Coty Airspun since Christmas and hardly put a dent in it yet.

I have to use this powder VERY light handed-ly, otherwise I begin to look cakey. I use this powder to set foundation and BB creams and it works great for both. I don't use the cotton pad/powder fluff thing that comes with it, but instead I use a giant powder brush (from Bella Beauty, I think). This powder keeps me pretty matte for a while, but I do look a little shiny at the end of the day but I don't consider it a big deal.

Some people complain about the smell, but I actually kind of like it! Its vintage! ;)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first translucent powder i've bought and i love it. it's affordable and smells really nice. it's perfect for setting my makeup and absorbing oil throughout the day.

I actually kind of hate the packaging though, because whenever i take the lid off powder goes flying. i also took it traveling and it just got really messy. i think i would prefer a screw top lid. i'm willing to live with it though.