Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 7/1/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this palette. I'm light skinned so a lot of these colors match me very well. I like this better than the natural eye palette. I don't like the brush applicator that came with this palette. The packaging is very cute. There's a good range or equal range of matte and shimmer. I like using the dark brown shade for my brows which worked very well. I can pretty much do my brows, eye shadows, and highlight my inner corners with this palette. I would buy this again if i ran out which i hope i don't since i only wear makeup twice a week. I recommend this if you like neutral, natural, semi smoky, smoky, or just plain eye makeup look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

The shades in this Too Faced kit are super soft and blend well. They give you that sexy sultry Playboy type of eye paired with liner and lashes. It has cool and neutral grey, pink, cream, brown, and taupe shades. The matte black shade is nice for smokey eyes. It's also so nice for everyday looks. I love it.

I really like this palette- it has some matte and some shimmer, and I really like that. You can layer the colors for more oomph. Some of the colors seem pretty glittery, and I haven't worn them yet. I don't use the brush it came with, and the cards it comes with seem fairly worthless, but the colors are pretty. I really love the color honey pot.

I just got this so am in the "honeymoon period" of using a new palette- but I see myself using this about how much I use UD Naked- and I love UD Naked. They're fairly similar, so I'll probably use the colors together!

I will buy this again, but really wish you could buy the colors separately, I'll have to look into that.

on 5/25/2011 11:47:00 AM

I prefer this one over the Natural eye one because this one has LESS fall out. Although some eye shadows still have quite alot of it. I Love how it comes with directions on how to apply and of course the package's is adorable. now they need to start selling them with the shadow insurance! lol. like UD does.

This has some lovely colours in and I love the fact that you get three large base colours to choose from, all of which are lovely and suit me. The colours have good pigment but they do apply like very cheap brands. I wore them yesterday and they didn't have much staying power.

Nice package with some make up tip cards and an applicator in a drawer, not sure how robust this will be long term though as it is cardboard.

I asked for this eye shadow set for christmas because I the colors looked gorgeous in sephora. This was a splurge item, it was fairly costly for eye shadows. I had high hopes that this would give me a beautiful natural eye, that I could wear often. However, I feel that the color pay off is terrible, I have to keep applying more of the same colors just to get them to show up. If you look very closely, you can see how pretty your eye makeup is but, it is almost too natural. I know lots of people love natural eyes, however, I would look for another pallet. On the positive side I love the packaging and there is one eye shadow called, "Pillow Talk," that is very pretty.

on 5/18/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this palette. I wanted the Urban Decay Naked one, but was hesitant to spend so much money when I heard that a lot of people said the colors were warm, and I look awful in warm colors.
Saw this at Sephora and the colors looked gorgeous so I gave it a chance. I really like it. The colors go on nicely and so far I haven't had any problems with any of them clashing with my skin tone which is good! Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smaller than it looked in the picture, bad fallout, colours fade easily and dont even apply great anyway! wouldnt buy it again, nice colours though, shame!

on 5/11/2011 4:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Product: I have tried a few Too Faced products before, but never the eyeshadows. I wasn't hugely impressed however. As people have said before me, the colours are deceiving in the pan, especially 'Satin Sheets' which looks like a nude highlighter with a gold shimmer not the pink you see in the pallette. I think the grey-based colours also look too similar on the skin. The eyeshadows are pretty long-lasting however, even though I end up with gold sparkle all on my cheeks when I use Satin Sheets!

Packaging: The packaging lured me in and probably convinced me to buy this product.The brush is awful however, waste of time! Tutorial cards are OK.

Price: 26, so on the expensive side of things.

Overall: Wouldn't buy again, especially at this price. Would rather buy a couple of full-size MAC or UD shadows, especially as some of the shadows in the palette looked the same! Such as shame as the packaging promised more.

EDIT: After using eyeshadows from this palette solidly over a week I got lots of little white bumps all over my eyelids which, unsurprisingly have cleared up since I've stopped wearing this product. Just a warning! :(

on 4/21/2011 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Had my eye on this for a while...everytime I went into Sephora I'd walk away with every color swatched! Finally went ahead and bought it. I adore almost all the colors except Birthday Suit which just made my whole look messy on my pale skin. In the Buff is a great matte highlight color. All of the shades showed up nicely on me, nothing too harsh. Easy to blend and seamlessly went together. The "Day, Night and Fashion" cards were adorable and great color combos. The things I didn't love was the bulky packaging, the drawer at the bottom and the price. $35 for 9 colors? Meh. All in all great colors for a light smokey day look or a dramatic evening look.