E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

GIRLS. This product is amazing. Not for face, but for LIPS.
I use it on my lipstick after i apply any normal lipstick and it turns matte! It makes ANY lipstick feel like liquid matte formula.dont be afraid of the white, it really does turn translucent.
It makes my lips pretty much last ALL DAY without getting on my teeth. Its so amazing and i hated the drying formula of some liquid lipsticks but this feels so great.
I was like you guys before, i used this on my face and hated it.
But after i discovered it for this use, i will NEVER be without it. It gives my older lipsticks a chance to used again!

Bottom line:
Use to set lipstick to turn matte.

Love, love, love!!!! OK so this is really inexpensive, but wow, is it good! My foundation is quite oily due to the high level of sunscreen in it. I needed a powder that I could apply lightly to mattify the overall look. Anyway, this cost me $13 Australian and you get a lot of powder for the money. The powder itself looks very white in the tub, but applies translucent. I use this on my forehead, nose and chin. I also apply a dusting just prior to applying eye makeup so that I can dust it off along with any eye makeup specks. I have one complaint. They really need to design a container that you can completely close off so that no powder escapes. This is so fine that powder will go everywhere if you are not careful. One small shake of the container sends out way too much powder. Many powders now have lids that can be turned to cover the holes and this powder desperately needs this. This is an absolute bargain for the price. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/25/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in the summer of 2015 and still have more than 2/3 of the product still remaining.

Here are the pros and cons from my experience with the powder.

Pros:
1. Extremely matte
2. Makes your skin feel extremely smooth
3. Quite fine (on a scale of 1-10 it is about a 7, which is not too bad)
4. Lots of product
5. ONLY $6.00

Cons:
1. Extremely matte (Can't use all over my face when I have dry patches)
2. Accentuates dry patches
3. Tricky to use correctly (too much on the brush will give a white cast
4. Packaging is huge and often times very messy

Overall, this product is a few notches better than "just okay"
I don't think I would repurchase, as there is so much product, but if I run out... I'll think about it. As of now, I use the power just under my lash line to prevent my mascara from smudging (it really helps 100%)
I just can't use it all over my face right not because I have dry skin.
I emptied a but of this product into an empty (and very clean) L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow pot. It makes it incredibly easy to take this powder around for touch ups (works nicely as mid-day touch up powder).

If you're thinking about purchasing this powder, look through the reviews to see if your skin and this powder would be compatible.

Hope this helps!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm honestly not a fan. But to be fair... I own the Makeup Forever version & that's not "holy grail" worthy to me either.

Here are the pros:
-Very fine powder
-A little goes a long way
-Did keep me matte for half a day

Cons:
-The packaging is god awful...I have lost half of this merely to opening the damn jar.
-Offers no extra coverage (obviously)
-Despite using a minimal amount, I get the dreaded white cast look. And I'm SUPER pale...I can't imagine this looking okay on anyone tanner than NC15. I'm NC10/super pale leaning warm/neutral.
-It is a tiny bit cakey, especially after it melts into my pizza-face.
-My ultimate favorite setting powder is Coty Airspun, ELF did not out preform it by any means. Coty keeps me matte ALL DAY, adds extra coverage, gives a final polishing look to my foundation,
-Since my sebum wasn't kept completely at bay, I could feel little whiteheads pop up days later. :(
-ELF adds more dimethicone than MUFE's $$$ version. It is a cost reduction strategy but unfortunately shows in quality comparison.

I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did not work at all. I expected a mattifying setting powder to use on my very oily skin, but was very disappointed. Loose powders always are messy, but the awful packaging on this made it even worse! It just spills everywhere, and the lid is extremely hard to get on. It looks cakey and white, and looked horrible in the photos I took to test it out. I would not buy this product ever again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I have the transparent powder and I use it everyday, its fantastic and is my favorite powder to use! After applying my primer and foundation I put this on with a brush (rather than the cushion included) and it makes my makeup matte, you cany see my pores, and I can re apply through out the day when my face gets shiby again, one of my favorite ELF products!!👍

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was a huge disappointment. I was hoping it would be an effective dupe for MUFE HD powder, but alas. The powder just sat on top of my skin in large specks of white. I needed to basically dust off my face before leaving the house. I did not find this to be finely milled and It was basically unwearable for me.

on 1/11/2016 9:45:00 AM

For the price, it's a pretty good product. It blurs and softens my face after I've put on foundation. The packaging, however, is messy. I've spilt this a few times too many for my liking. It's also leaves a very, very slight white cast if you use too much. Apart from those I've got no complaints.

on 1/15/2016 9:55:00 PM

broke me out and wasn't the best powder that I've tried :\

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

im a drugstore fan. Sometimes amazing things happen at amazing prices!
This was definitely not one....
It oxidised all of my make up 5 seconds after i put it on and turned me orange! I dont have oily skin, so i thought "okay lets clense everything properly" and low and behold, even after cleansing and everything, it took 10 mins to oxidise instead of 5, which is worse if you're leaving the house!!!!! I've tried with primers, without, switched foundations.... Its just awful. AWFUL. Finely milled but still bad.