MAC Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wish the packaging was different.. The plastic clear part of my concealer popped out of the container and is no longer attached. But, the concealer itself is awesome. Does a really great job of covering my undereye circles without feeling or looking super cakey

on 8/22/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Have been using this product for years now and am surprised I've never reviewed it. A solid product from start to finish a $19.00 pot of this concealer lasts me a good year at least applied lightly to undereye circles and any red areas of my face (I know, I know: I'm probably not supposed to keep product that long, so sue me). This medium-coverage product has a versatile creamy texture that, when set with powder, lasts all day. I've repurchased this in NW20 at least three times and it's been my go-to concealer for awhile. Travels really well too.

on 8/21/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Best concealer I've ever had will 100% buy again!!!! Covers my spots and blemishes with just a small amount would recommend to anyone especially people who struggle with their skin it's amazing and I take it everywhere I go 👍🏼

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My current favorite spot concealer and undereye concealer for everyday, I have it in NC35 which is the perfect match for me (the MAC makeup artist matched me NW40 which was too dark and orange and she claims it will conceal blemishes! Outrageous. Trust your own judgements, ladies). I barely touch my Pro Longwear one, which I use for full glam (highlight and contouring), because of this concealer. I recommend using a clean eyeliner brush (those thin, pointed ones) for spot concealing then gently blending it by tapping with a synthetic-hair blending brush that is densely packed (I use the Real Techniques eye blender brush). I find that tapping it with your fingers will take away the coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this concealer! I have very dark circles and this concealer is the only one I've found that can cover them completely. It's a little on the drier side, so I feel it works best if you warm it with your fingers and use it over moisturizer. Also, even though it is a little pricey and the pot is tiny, one pot has lasted me 3 years with everyday use. My only complaint about this concealer is that it creases a lot, but setting it with powder fixes that for the most part. Other than that, it really is a lovely concealer. It is very high coverage and lasts all day. My HG concealer. Definitely recommend for dark circles!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Probably a very good concealer if you have normal/drier skin. It was far too creamy for my oily skin and slid off after less than an hour.

However, the coverage is good, and it blends nicely. So I do think it is a nice concealer, just not for oily skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't remember what made me buy this color but I'm glad I did. It covers everything.. for real! It's very creamy, I like to keep it in a rather warm room because I noticed that cream products work better and blend much easier when they are exposed to a bit of heat. If you struggle with a few blemishes here and there then this will cover them up easily, even if you have scars or tattoos that u wouldn't want to expose then you can put a bit of effort, set with powder and you're good to go. I don't like this as an under eye concealer because it does slightly settle into fine lines but if you don't have another choice then you can set it with a powder and make it work. I really like how small it is because it's so easy to throw in the purse for later touch-ups which I rarely ever feel the need to do but don't be fooled because it might be small but you do get a ton of product that will last you a very long time and you really only need the tiniest bit because it's so full coverage that it's unnecessary to pack on a lot. The price is pretty fair for a high-end mac concealer.

on 7/18/2015 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It doesn't cover anything in my face. Can't touch it because it rubs off, so the tapping technique can't be used or any brush to try and blend it a little bit.

on 7/7/2015 3:52:00 PM

$19 USD. I'll switch foundations and powders, but I've stuck to this concealer for the last few years. Before that, I'd used Cle de Peau, YSL, Chanel, NARS, Laura Mercier, Bobbi, and a ton of others. None come close in color match to my MAC NC20/C2 (light yellow-toned Asian) skin, coverage, price or lasting power. I have a couple of dark spots close to my eyes and redness around the chin, and this makes them all go away. Also, I've used it double-duty as an eye-shadow base/primer (in an emergency) and it worked beautifully! Another thing I do is to dip a Q-tip into it, and use it to rub off the stray mascara and eyeliner smears - it'll remove the black smudge and leave behind a natural-looking base to either reapply shadows or leave as is. I've also mixed a dab of it with moisturizer for tinted-moisturizer. Be warned that it will sink into creases, so it's not for under-eye or crow's feet.

Coverage is medium-heavy. When my face is oilier (around warmer months), I notice that it fades faster and by end of the day, you can start to see the dark spots underneath (~8 hrs). During winters, it's budge-proof. A pot will last a good 3 - 4 months for me as you need so little.

I discovered that if you dab a makeup sponge lightly into the product and dab it on lightly on top of whatever you want to conceal, the texture of the sponge creates a more natural, skin-like look. My favorite sponge to use for this is the square ones included in the Dior powder foundation (I use a brush to apply foundation, so the sponges aren't needed). I have to wash the sponges every few days, however, but it's pretty easy to do. I just soak it overnight in a brush cleanser (love the MUA DIY version), and next day rinse in hot water.

I stopped carrying this around, because the domed top is prone to cracking and breaking off, so I really wish MAC would fix that. A more sturdy top would be really nice!

This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. It has such amazing coverage but it doesn't feel cakey on the skin. The packaging is also great as it is very small and compact and is great for travelling. The only bad thing is the price and it actually isn't that bad. I got mine at the airport so it was £12.90 but if you want to get it at a local Mac shop then it would be £15.50 which still isn't too bad if you're willing to pay that much but I would defenitely repurchase this and I would defenitely pay the price for it.