Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 8/4/2014 1:21:00 AM

Great bronzer I have it in light medium. Gives the perfect amount of colour on my fair skin. Does not go orange or muddy.
It's expensive but worth it and I love that the smell lingers on your bronzer brush.
I don't use this to contour because I'm not much for contouring. But for an all over bronze look it's perfect.
Excellent staying power as well. This has probably replaced all my other bronzers. So yes it's pricey but I sort of have a bronzer addiction so this one will end up saving me money since I won't be buying any other ones from now on.

on 8/1/2014 12:36:00 AM

So I was currently using "Laguna" Nars bronzer and I must say that I got very tired of it. I believe it was because of the shimmer that Laguna had and so I wanted a mat bronzer. I was debating whether to purchase "Hoola" benifit or "Chocolate S" TooFaced. I was confused about it so I asked one of the ladies who worked at Sephora which one would she recommend and she suddenly said Chocolate S TooFaced. I purchased it and once I was at home I immediately tried it, and I am loving it. Its not orange, nor muddy. + This is also good when contouring. I love Nars but I am tired of the shimmerssssss already.

on 6/25/2014 10:49:00 PM

Got it at as a free gift. Decent.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Best bronzer ever, matte, smells delicious, great for contouring, and best part, doesn't look orangy like most :)

on 6/23/2014 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I was so worried about this one breaking me out, due to the whole made-with-cocoa powder-concept, but it didn't. It's a wonderful bronzer! I love how it doesn't make me look orange or muddy, due to the perfect pink-based undertone it has. It smells quite good, like a natural sweet scent unlike many other makeup products. It's matte which makes it great for contouring. The packaging looks cheap tho.

Great product. Smells great, almost makes you want to eat it! Somehow it's universally attesting. Makes for a great bronzer AND good for contouring. Only ONLY downside is that after a whole, if you haven't applied proper prep-routine (be cream, or some type of moisturizing serum like base) it can "set in" and appear blotchy. To avoid this I make sure to apply pre-make up products, wait for it to dry completely, and then apply foundation super evenly. Blot face afterwards to avoid excess moisture/oils and you will have a perfect application :)

on 6/10/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just need to say it aloud: "I miss Aqua Bunny Bronzer from Too Faced!!"

Okay, got that out. Because I loved Aqua Bunny so much I decided to try the Chocolate Soleil. I was looking for more of a matte bronzer and this fit the bill. It has a nice (minimal) cocoa powder scent. It's sweet without being disturbingly sweet.

I find that the coverage is buildable and I appreciate that as I'm a olive-skinned girl who, despite wearing SPF daily like it's my job, gets tan in the sun. Another thing I noticed is that it's not chalky like some bronzers.

I would say the best thing (which is probably a weirdo thing to say) is that it doesn't make me look 'dirty'. A few other department store matte bronzers make me feel like Pig Pen. For instance, Benefit Hoola made me look like I was heading to a callback for Les Mis, auditioning for the part of a street urchin.

Nonetheless, this is not orange, but I detect something in the bronzy color that makes it more 'I just spent a day at the beach' versus 'I just did some major dumpster diving.'

on 6/9/2014 12:15:00 AM

Great for contouring, does not have red undertones. Lovely smell, finely miller. I got mine for free via Sephora's VIB points program, so I have a little sample-sized pan; however I think it's so amazing I'm going to have to buy the full-sized product just in case it gets discontinued!

I love this bronzer! Not only because it smells like chocolate, but it's also one of the only medium/deep bronzers that does not make my fair skin look muddy. I can get away with using this as a contour, and even on the apples of my cheeks without it looking too deep or unnatural. The consistency is super smooth, and it glides on like a dream. There is absolutely no shimmer, which is probably why fair complexions can get away with using it. The staying power I'v noticed is really fantastic - if I contoured with this - I notice my blush ALWAYS fading before this bronzer. Really love this stuff, a must have for the warmer months!

on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 AM

I was at first hesitant about this, but after using it a few times it has become my favorite contour. I have fairly light skin with a slight yellow undertone (nc15/20) and even though this is intended for medium/deep skin tones, it still works for me! the milk chocolate might be a better match for me, but this still works fine; just remember to use a light hand. The chocolate soleil is very fine and pigmented and smells great. The best part is that the soleil doesn't run red on me like nyxs taupe blush sometimes does (which happens when I wear foundations that lean more yellow).