Revlon Matte Lipstick

Revlon Matte Lipstick
Matte LipstickMatte LipstickRevlon Matte

4.5

Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, C10-30 Cholesterol /Lanosterol Esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Synthetic Wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 (CI 17200).]

on 1/19/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I hate matte lipsticks, but they leave such a nice stain on the lips if you take an extra 30 seconds. I have nearly all of Revlon's new matte shades...I apply a couple coats of the color, then add a sheer gloss on the top, and I get the best color that money can buy. I think revlon's matte color perform just like Chanel and MAC, so at 7.99 these are a bargain!

on 1/3/2009 10:34:00 PM

I was excited to learn that Revlon is introducing a line of matte lipsticks, and they have definitely fulfilled my expectations thus far! It goes on smoothly, stays on well, is very pigmented and looks beautiful on my lips. I didn't find it to be too drying. Plus, I love the twist on Revlon's standard Super Lustrous packaging: here, there is matte-look silver where the gold band usually is, and so on. I have it in "In The Red" and "Really Red" (both nice red colors that look great in a matte formula), and plan to get more.

Apparently, the line is so new that it is not even on Revlon's website yet (or, for whatever reason, it is absent from the site). I'd like to see a full list of the colors available. Oh, well. I am definitely writing them to say how much I like the product!

on 12/16/2008 9:38:00 PM

LOVELY line. Write to Revlon to tell them you love this product and they'll send you a coupon for Revlon products. Great staying power, often a BOGO deal at drugstores. Matte, but not drying. MUCH much better than MAC lipsticks, and cheaper!! Great packaging...matte black and classy looking. Already bought back ups and am so excited to see the full launch of these.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a HG, 10-lippie product: by far the BEST matte lipstick Ive ever worn, from Lauder to MAC to NARS. I am a jaded lippie connoisseur and Im here to say: Try this, and you will fall in love. I purchased it in Mauve It Over, a YLBB rose-pink with a hint of brown for wearability. I first noticed the incredible texture: silky, whisper-light, not the least bit chalky or thick or clay-like or parching (as so many matte lippies are). Its like putting velvet on your lips; the pigmentation is fantastic, and the effect is smooth and pretty, not puckered and dry. I could not stop looking at my velvety-soft, full, luscious, baby-pink lips all morning! It just feels and looks like high-end heaven. Its nice that the packaging is a little different for the matte shades: a silver instead of a gold band, and a more brushed finish to the case.

One thing to note, the initial 8 shades with which Revlon is launching this product are not a great selection. There are two ultra-bright pinks, two true reds, a very deep wine, two uber-pale nudes, and Mauve It Over. I look forward to seeing more warm, peachy shades in this line- but a small gripe- this is a WONDERFUL lipstick and I am super-excited about it.

on 12/30/2008 1:31:00 AM

I am reviewing the new matte lipstick in Pink Pout 002. It is very similar to Mac Please Me matte, but Pink Pout has a touch of lilac to it, I'm guessing it is closer to Mac Pink Plaid. I may purchase again, but I am still loving my Please Me, and I have two of the Macs tubes to use up. I do like the color of Pink Pout much more that other pinks. It is very Angelina Jolieish. packaging is nice flat black with silver logo.

on 12/16/2008 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to agree with the other glowing reviews, this is a great product for the price. I use Nude Attitude with my heavy smokey eyes and it is not drying at all. I will definitely buy other colors when I get a chance. Revlon has the BEST drugstore lipsticks in my opinion, and this new line just adds to their already great collection.