New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/11/2011 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've repurchased this product quite a few times, and you can't go wrong. The price is amazing, under $4 at most drugstrores. Alot of people are complaining about the packaging but I don't feel like my lid comes off super easy, I feel like it kind of "suctions" down. I've tried the Cover Girl loose powder before and definitely prefer this. I do find it a bit messy, but it's worth it for me. It leaves a nice silk like finish on my face after my foundation. I've tried this with quite a few different foundations and it's worked perfectly every time!

on 11/7/2011 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the first loose powder I've ever tried and I am quite pleased with it. My only problem is the clumsy packaging. It is very flimsy and the top comes off really easily so you can't take it with you anywhere since it will dump out. I will repurchase this when I run out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is such great stuff for the price. It leaves my skin looking very smooth, and not powdery unless you way overdo it. I have the translucent and Naturally Beige. It's only $3 each! You get so much product too! This isn't my HG loose powder but if it was, I would not be running out anytime soon!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

for starters, the packaging is horrendous. the top of the container just sort of slides on and off without a anything holding it in place. that being said, the powder never fails to end up everywhere. nonetheless, i love the product itself! i've never had a problem with cakeyness. granted, it doesn't have much oil control at all, but it's great for touch ups. it does manage to set my makeup nicely without causing my face to change to an odd color like so many other powders i have tried also. and i mean, let's face it, it's darn cheap! i give it four stars. minus a star for packaging and messyness. this is definitely not a product to travel with unless you can find a better solution to packaging.

on 8/12/2011 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

i have oily skin sometimes becaus i play field hockey so much. but this i amazing!!! after practice and my teamates want to go get a smoothie i wip off my face and put this on. BOOM!!! not more shine i LOOOVE THIS STUFF!
xoxoxxo

Really good translucent powder. Leaves a lovely smooth finish on the skin and does help my make up last longer. Only downside being the awkward packaging. Full review here beautymakeupreview.blogspot.com :)

on 6/8/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great cheap powder, packaging is awful, but what do you expect for this price. Bought this after looking everywhere for Coty in the UK and failing to find it.

on 6/8/2011 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff. It's sucks up shine like nobody's business. I have oily skin & I use CG AquaSmooth makeup every so often; this powder works well over both my bare skin and the makeup. No blotchies, no cake, and if I wanted to, I could pile it on and there would be no visible colour change. I don't use the sponge that came with it - instead, my mini-kabuki works super awesome with it. I give it the BE treatment: pour a bit, swirl, tap, buff, smile!

The packaging can be a turn-off for some, but I left the majority of the protective sticker on it, and then covered all but half of one hole. I travel with this pretty much all the time, and this is the easiest way to keep it from spilling all over. It might make your makeup bag look a little bulky, but if you're like me and only travel with eye-liner and this, you should be fine.

My skin is prone to break-outs & rashes, but this doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I wouldn't, however, leave it on overnight - as light as it is, and as awesome as your skin looks with it on, it is still makeup and needs to be washed off! Fortunately, it also washes off quite easily :)

I would recommend this, especially if you have skin that gradually becomes oily through-out the day, like mine. It's cheap and there's a ton, and it doesn't have any weird smells or huge chunks. You won't be disappointed!

on 5/8/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i tryed this powder after the rave reviews i heard i use this powder over my minerilized satainfinsh mac foundation and it is amazing! makes my make up stay on all day and its so silky n smooth lovely buy and lovely price!!

on 6/28/2011 10:36:00 PM

Well to begin with i feel this powder leaves my skin looking ghostish no big deal it goes away within the first 15 mins
as far as oil controls goes its not that great and i have super oily skin >< so its nothing amazing
would i buy this product again? probably not, i prefer my ELF's HD transculent powder