Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mask is awesome. It is so cheap. I almost answered "no" for "would you buy again?" because I can't begin to fathom when I would have to... the tub is huge, and I probably use a tablespoon of powder each time. I've only used it 3 times so far, but every time I do, I can't believe my eyes... the pores on and around my nose are substantially emptied. Of course, they fill up again within a couple of days, but that's when you know it's time to use it again. (I have congested skin, i.e. chronic small blackheads everywhere, but I rarely break out into pimples.) I've been experimenting with what proportion of water/ACV to use, how long to leave it on, and each time the results are good. I'll try adding other oils etc. later... can't recommend enough for congested skin like mine!

The first time I used this mask, I was unsure about it. It didn't seem to do much for my skin although my pores did look smaller. I tried it for a second time (as well as my husband!) and I'm in love! I had a cluster of severe break out on my forehead and today it is significantly reduced. My husband has large pores on his nose and this mask really reduced the size of most of them as well as clean out his skin. I used more water than cider the second time I used it and it was less drying this way. I will definetly repurchase!!

on 3/15/2007 8:34:00 PM

Best clay mask ever! This mask cleared up my skin after a horrendous breakout. A few weeks ago, something was clogging my pores terribly and even daily blackhead extraction and not wearing makeup didn't stop new ones from forming. But this mask sucked up all the gunk and prevented blackheads from forming! It also made blackhead extraction easier afterwards. The clay itself has no smell and there is only a faint smell of vinegar when I have it on my face.

I mix the clay powder with generic supermarket apple cider vinegar and it instantly fizzes and forms a paste. The instructions call for mixing the clay and vinegar in 1:1 ratio, in a non-metal container. I just use a small plastic Gladware container and plastic spoon. Found the clay at Vitamin Shoppe for $7 for a huge tub (as big as a tub of Queen Helene Mask). Definitely give it a try if you like Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. My search for a good zit-killing mask is over.

on 3/14/2007 2:13:00 AM

I have this mask on my face right now and i was thinking to write a review...(to help other girls too)
I found it at whole foods looking for the BB's mask and because it's way cheaper and not so many ingredients i thought i should try it...good choice.I use it maybe 2 times/week and i leave it on 1 hour or longer. It is the best thing i ever put on my face . It clears out every single little pore and if i have pimples it makes them disappear.i have combination skin and acne prone and this is the only thing that helps.try it and good luck

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mask is fantastic. I discovered it through reviews here. I mixed it with organic apple vinegar cider (ACV), jojoba oil, olive oil, vitamin E skin oil, and rosemary; what a pleasant scent. I usually have very sensitive skin. It was so soothing. I left it on for about 10 minutes because it was my first time. I will definately extend it to 15 - 20 mins the next time. My face feels really soft and has a pleasant glow. My face feels clean and refreshed. I purchased this at Whole Foods on the makeup aisle. The tub was $7. It will probably last me the rest of my life. A little goes a long way. This is definately my HG.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this stuff. I am acne prone with black heads and oily skin. I am also 28 and very hormonal. This stuff takes the cake. I learned to steam my face for ten minutes or so after washing with my LUSH COALFACE. I then use the mask with a little warm water in my mortar and pestle and mix. Keep on for 30 mins and wash with warm water then rub the rest off with a face towel. You will get every black head and clogged white head ever. I mean my face is super clear and has completely recovered from my MAC episode that just about made me a leper and scared to leave the house.
Try it. Sold at whole foods and the vitamin shoppe.

on 2/2/2007 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I have combo skin and over the past year, horrible breakouts. This is the first thing I've used that actually seems to be working. After I wash, I mix w/ apple cider vinegar to a paste consistency. Apply to face (I only apply to jawline and cheeks...forehead and nose are drier), wait 20 min and rinse off with cool water. After the redness is gone (about 30 min) I apply Differin gel. By the next morning, any blemishes are dried out. This is when I use a good moisturizer with salicylic acid. Things are starting to look better for my skin finally!

on 1/23/2007 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

this is a great product. i found out about it here after searching for a good clay mask. other brands can be so disappointing and expensive!! i like the fact that you mix a fresh batch use before using it and can tinker with the consistency that best suits you. once applied you can "feel" it working. the guy at whole foods suggested i steep some rosemary to mix with the powder. it's really a flexible clay mask. i used the recommended apple cider vinegar since i already had it. the rinse off isn't too bad although i would suggest using paper towels so you don't ruin your towels. my skin feels better and less congested if that makes sense. i think if i stick to using this once or twice a week, along with other good skincare habits i'll be in good shape. as others have said you can buy this at whole foods for about $7 and you get several masks out of it....give it a try. i think you'll be pleased!

on 1/11/2007 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this from Ebay so it was just a little bit more expensive for me. I have used this twice now and my skin has improved so much.
I as suffering from breakouts due to hormonal changes and perhaps over indujging due to the holidays. I saw the rave reviews for this mask and thought that I should give it a go. The tub is huge and will last for ages. I cannot get ACV so had to mix it with just a little water. Just as others have described, I can really feel this working and my face PULSATING!!! as it dries. After washing away I have noticed a great improvement in my overall complexion. This stuff is great and I am so glad that I bought it. better than those expensive masks that claim to unclogg pores...this stuff works. Will def. purchase again.

Okay, I LOVE this! Right after immediate use my skin is just so much more soft AND any blemishes are smaller. =D This even works on those, "just won't go away" blemishes, after a few spot treatments my cystic acne went away! HG!