Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 12/14/2006 2:49:00 PM

After reading the reviews here I got curious and went looking for this product. It is currently unavailable in Canada but on my last stop in the States was able to pick it up at the Vitamin Shoppe.
Was it worth it?
Absolutely. I suffer from tiny whiteheads in my chin and around my nose. I mix the Aztec powder with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner and my God, the results are spectacular. My skin has cleared up like never before and justs looks and feels healthy and clear and clean.
The packaging suggests mixing the powder with apple cider vinegar but I think as long as you mix it with anything which is good for your skin to begin with like lemon juice, rose water etc. it should work just fine, depending on your skin type.

on 11/5/2006 12:14:00 AM

I always read reviews, but this is the first time any product has made me actually want to leave a review..this is just amazing! I use it every week, mix it with ACV, and I swear my oily skin has never been so clear...this has just gotten rid of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, etc...I am in love and of course raving to everyone about it.

on 8/18/2006 3:11:00 PM

I can't rave enough about this product. It is a miracle worker. I have combination skin which breaks out occasionally (more so during pms). I have always had problems with acne. I use this stuff once a month (more for me can be drying) to control the oil production on my face and acne. I love the pulsating feeling because that tells me it's working. I feel this is the best no frills clay mask out there. I love it. I have been raving about this stuff to my friends.

on 8/12/2006 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

You can get the consistency you want and its great to use with apple cider vinegar-it foams. Not good for sensitive areas, but excellent for acne-prone and oily areas. You get big tub of powdered clay and can get it at any health food store.edit: My HG facial mask when my skin starts freaking out. I add a little rosewater and some lavender EO and my skin comes out very clean with reduced inflammation around acne prone areas. This stuff seriously feels like it is sucking your face of all the bad stuff so my advice to first timers is to not freak out once that happens.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff. When my skin is feeling a little too sensitive for the "pulsating" of the regular version of this mask, I mix it up with a little less ACV, some raw honey, and a drop each of Tea Tree and Lavender essential oils. This transforms the mask into a more soothing, skin calming concotion instead of a deep purge, but it's still lovely. I love the versatility of the clay and being able to mix it up however my heart desires. A definite repurchase, although I've had the same tub for a little over 2 years so I won't have to repurchase for a long time.

on 5/31/2006 4:35:00 PM

Wow, this is a great product! I definitely recommend it to anyone with oily skin! I use less than a spoonful of the clay, and a tablespoon of ACV. It created a wonderful, mousse like consistency. After it dried, I could feel my face pulsating, just like the tub said. I leave it on for an hour. I personally like the peel some peices off because it allows me to completely remove dirt and oil. You have work a bit to get it off, but I still give it five lippies. Plus, it comes in a large tub that I can't imagine finishing any time soon! EDIT: Definitely DON'T try laughing with this on... ouch!

on 5/21/2006 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff IS pretty cool... I used to use it all the time when I was younger and still breaking out. I mixed it with vinegar and loved the foaminess and smooth texture. I remember the PULSATING... it made you feel like your pores were being purged or something. I think this is probably the best clay-type masks you can buy.

on 4/7/2006 3:52:00 PM

I recently bought this and used it. I had a period bump and the next morning after using the mask the pimple was dry and into its healing stage. I plan on using the mask once a week and I hope to see great improvement. I'll post my comments after I've used it for about month. However, I am really impressed how it healed my period pimple overnight.

on 2/28/2006 10:32:00 AM

Be careful with this stuff--it's super-strong! I accidentally left it on for about five minutes too long and ended up with a red, blotchy face. This is a clay powder that you mix with apple cider vinegar to make the mask. It is simple and effective--the tightening/suctioning sensation is pretty intense. It dries very hard and is difficult to remove. I think a washcloth might've helped as I just tried rinsing it off with water. I ended up having to pull small chunks of mushy clay off my face because it was taking too long. Face was left (red and blotchy, but that was my fault) smooth and soft. You do get an enormous tub of this for your 8 or so dollars so it's overall a good value. Probably will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is for sure one of my HG skin products. Way better than any drugstore or department mask I've tried.. and that's a lot. This stuff is so pure. The label and packaging aren't the most attractive, so I wasn't expecting much when I tried it. WHOA.. I was wrong. This is simply amazing for my skin. I have oily, very acne prone skin with clogged pores. After one use my skin was much smoother and any bumps were far smaller, like everything in them had been sucked right out. I take a spoonful of the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, and mix it in a bowl with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar until I get a gooey paste. A few minutes after putting it on I feel a definite tingle, and then.. the PULSATING. Yes, it says it pulsates on the back of the jar, and it really does. Any large pimples I have seem to pulsate more than other parts of my face. I often run up to the mirror to see if I can see it with my own eyes, haha. The bentonite (clay) physically sucks out impurities. After about 30-40 minutes the mask is hard, and admittedly, uncomfortable. I rinse with WARM water (this is important, or else it won't come off) and warm water only. My face is very red, which will go away by the time I wake up. I've been using it anywhere from 4 times a week to once every other week for the last 6 months. It's helped clear up my skin in a major way. I'd definitely buy again, though I don't know when that will be since the jar lasts for so long..

EDIT: Wow, so many reviews since I first wrote this! My skin is a lot better now (maybe I'm growing out my acne... yay!) but I still use this when I feel like having a spa day or I have a bad breakout. I no longer get all that red after using this, either. My boyfriend has made comments about my skin on two occasions after using this... "You look all glow-y" and "You look soft." Definitely helps reduce pore size. If you have the kind of skin that really benefits from extractions, try this.