Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 9/17/2003 4:03:00 PM

I got the translucent extra coverage. The only negative I have to say is I wish they would take out the fragrance. Otherwise this stuff will probably replace my mineral makeup. I don't know if they do SPF testing, I was just curious because of the zinc in it.

on 9/14/2003 12:59:00 PM

I tried this for the first time because of these reviews. I bought Rachel 1 which is really pale. It's perfect! My skin looks flawless for hours, and it doesn't get that talc white crustiness. I can't believe I got such a great product for so cheap. The smell is old lady-ish, but I kind of like that. My only complaint is that the package is bulky and there's no sifter. I poked holes in the plastic, but it's still messy. Also, it isn't travel friendly. When I'm gone all day I carry a little bit poured in a film cannister with a sponge. I'd like to find a pretty little container to put it in eventually.

Anyway. For other PPP girls looking for powder that's not too pink, or too crusty (I can't think of a better word!)this is a great buy. I think I've found a standard for myself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It has georgeous coverage and if one tends to brush too much of it on you can just lightly dampen a cloth and pat your face, not only does that set the make up on your face but it also takes away the powder-cake look.

Perfect for oily skin and it doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin at all!

on 7/18/2003 8:39:00 PM

I love this powder, I always use the Translucent Extra Coverage. I apply it with a puff but always blend with a big brush. It does not matter what foundation I use, this powder always makes it look better. It goes on buy one get one free sale ususally every month or two, so it is very affordable.

on 7/5/2003 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder in Extra Coverage Translucent and all I can say is WOW! This is a nice powder but does a few cons: sort of perfume-y, which I'm not crazy about but can live with, there's no shifter but to make a faux shifter just punch holes in the plastic with a push pin - Ta Da! a shifter. Also, the first ingredient is Talc, which according to the Sage skincare no-no's can break you out, but I've had no problems thus so far (only been using for a week) and you can look a little powder-y if you get a lil' liberal with it but can be brushed off. The Pro's are it renders your pores invisible, comes in about 8 shades, which is far more than most companies. You get a ton for under 7 bucks and you get fantasic coverage. I personally feel that the coverage of this loose powder is far superior than some powder foundations out there. This stuff just hides a multitude of sins and acts as a great eyeshadow and mascara base (just brush on eyelids and lashes, like you would your face, before eyeshadow and mascara and your shadow lasts longer and your lashes look thicker). Great stuff.

on 7/2/2003 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried many other loose powders and I always end up coming back to this one. My skin is very oily and this powder does not break me out. I love the smell and the packaging. I agree that a sifter would be nice, but it's not essential. Some of the colors are really pink, though. I have always used Naturally Neutral, as my skin has a lot of yellow. A box of this powder lasts forever and is an unbelievable bargain. I will be using it for the forseeable future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder. I use translucent. I love the smell, the texture, and the container is so cute. I wish they would add a sifter to the package, but I've been using this forever and will continue to do so.

on 6/5/2003 9:54:00 PM

This is another example of a product that's been around for decades - for a reason. This finely-milled, lightweight powder is as good or better than any loose powder in trendier lines. I happen to like the nostalgic paper box, too. Sometimes the old-fashioned things are the best...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Until I found my powder brush again I was beginning to hate this powder. With a puff it cakes, and how. But w/ my SK powder brush it went on beautifully. I have combination skin, and sweat a lot at work. It keeps me matte for hours. I love the little powder puff design on the box. I just wish there were a sifter. I guess I could poke little holes in the plastic as others mentioned. Just never thought of it. Instead I've been keeping it in one of the empty sifter containers from my last brand of powder. I'm an MMM and the Translucent Extra Coverage blends nicely with my skin tone. I'd buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Classic. I remember using this years back and being amazed at how well it hid flaws....why didn't I keep using it? Now I am back and you better believe I will keep using it. Just as good..if not better..than cosmetic counter powders out there. A Generous amount and a nice price,too! I like the variety of shades and don't mind the scent, though it is strong. I also wish it were packaged a little more neatly, but that is my only complaint!