Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

on 6/5/2003 9:54:00 PM

This is another example of a product that's been around for decades - for a reason. This finely-milled, lightweight powder is as good or better than any loose powder in trendier lines. I happen to like the nostalgic paper box, too. Sometimes the old-fashioned things are the best...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Until I found my powder brush again I was beginning to hate this powder. With a puff it cakes, and how. But w/ my SK powder brush it went on beautifully. I have combination skin, and sweat a lot at work. It keeps me matte for hours. I love the little powder puff design on the box. I just wish there were a sifter. I guess I could poke little holes in the plastic as others mentioned. Just never thought of it. Instead I've been keeping it in one of the empty sifter containers from my last brand of powder. I'm an MMM and the Translucent Extra Coverage blends nicely with my skin tone. I'd buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Classic. I remember using this years back and being amazed at how well it hid flaws....why didn't I keep using it? Now I am back and you better believe I will keep using it. Just as good..if not better..than cosmetic counter powders out there. A Generous amount and a nice price,too! I like the variety of shades and don't mind the scent, though it is strong. I also wish it were packaged a little more neatly, but that is my only complaint!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is the best value out there. No doubt. I have used Translucent for nearly 10 years (since my high school days) and absolutely adore it. It covers flaws without looking cakey, provides a great base for blush and other color makeup, and it lasts. I don't particularly care for the scent or the packaging (a lot leaks out of the cardboard case; it's hard to manage). Overall, Airspun is an excellent buy. Now there's more money for my many, many expensive needs!

on 8/17/2002 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was my first ever loose powder!! At that time I had flawless skin and therefore when I put this on on bare face it was perfecto!! Now I've moved on to other powders but I think I'll come back to this when I need something on a budget overall not bad!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good powder esp if you are just starting to wear makeup. The container is large so you get a lot of product. You must be careful when opening or else it'll go flying everywhere though. There are lots of shades to choose from although many of them seem too pink or peachy. I don't care for the smell either, but some people overlook that. All in all, this isn't bad.

on 7/18/2002 12:37:00 AM

Good alternative to try to play and experiment with different colors at the low price. Hard to get on evenly. Better if you put it in a salt shaker. Be careful..put too much on and it cakes. But its a solid buy

on 3/27/2002 5:53:00 PM

Ohhh the memories of high school days with this powder. I think this is a great powder if your on a budget. It does work well has a fragrance to it but it does work. Well worth the cheap price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, and I've heard some recommendations on the Web that this would be a good powder to stay matte. It doesn't absorb oil any more than other powders, and less than something like Clean & Clear (the blue powder).

The color was a good match, and the texture was very fine. The packaging was okay. I just poked a bunch of tiny holes in the plastic cover to act as a sifter.

The scent was very strong and was quite perfumey. I did not care for it at all.

Overall, I am still searching for my holy grail powder.

on 2/21/2002 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great Powder... I haven't used it since I was a teenager, but it's a Good standby. It has a nice smell (some may not like that) and goes on smooth. The only thing that bothered me was It has no sifter the powder get's everywhere! What a pain! ;-)