Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is so moisturizing, I'm actually astonished! The shade is of course a sheer pale neutral, like a concealer but so much smoother and no creases to be found! And can we say adorable bottle?

on 9/10/2004 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used. This comes with a wand applicator. The texture is not too liquidy and not too thick. It's an ivory color cream that prevents creasing and fading. After 12 hours, my eyeshadow was still perfect! This is the only eyeshadow primer I have used that actually does what it says!

on 9/7/2004 4:57:00 AM

AMAZING! This stuff is so wonderful-I'm so glad a person from BeAddicts recommended this to me. It's so great with all my Bare Escentual shadows, glimmers and glimpses. As most wearers of mineral makeup know-we NEED an eyeshadow base to keep the beautiful colors on for 8 hours.
I live in Southern California and the weather is unbearable at times. My eyeshadow is worn off and creasing and my lids look terrible-but now I don't have to even look in a mirror because I have this stuff on-so NO WORRIES! NEW HG DEFINITELY!

I have to add my rave as well. Of course I had high hopes from reading other people's reviews but I tried not to elevate my expectations too high. I am really pleased w/this in general. I have fairly oily lids so this sounded too good to be true. I've been using Almay's Amazing Lasting Concealer as a base. It works pretty well for me but it's really thick, a little sticky, & some of my lighter e/s colors didn't look the same in the pot as over it. Granted, I might not be using the lightest Almay shade so I'll have to double check. Anyway, Primer Potion is surprisingly light in terms of texture as well as color. It's kind of hard to see in order to spread around & it dries transparently so you wonder if it's doing the job. Let me tell you, it does. I've had very very minimal creasing, even when I wore my e/s to bed for experimental reasons. It still looked great in the a.m. As other reviewers have mentioned, it's hard to tell exactly how much is in the tube since it's opaque & the wand doesn't deposit a whole lot onto your lids but I don't think it takes much of this to get good coverage. This is reasonably priced. I think it's my new HG e/s base. I'd definitely buy it again,

on 9/1/2004 1:34:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! For those on a never-ending hunt for the perfect e/s primer, this is it! I haven't touched my MAC paints since purchasing this stuff. What I like about it, is that unlike the paints, there is no color or pigment, so it doesn't interfere with the color of my e/s. Not only does it help e/s apply on smooth and even, but it seems to make the pigmentation more intense. It also makes my eye mu last very long... even after working out! I am very glad UD came out with this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been wanting to try an eyeshadow base for a long time, but I didn't know which one. (I thought about LM, PD, paints) I really like my UD eyeshadows, so when I saw the primer potion I was very interested....I read reviews here and knew I had to have it. It is everything I hoped it would be! I didn't think I had oily lids, but by the end of the day most of my e/s was gone....but not now with the primer potion! My eye makeup stayed on easily for 14 hours, and still looked fresh-amazing. I apply by dotting a small amount on my lid and blending with my finger. It feels very lightweight, and once I start blending I can't even see it it's so sheer. I picked this up at Nordstroms for a mere $14--so I will definately be repurchasing.

Great eyeshadow primer. My lids are uber oily, and crease up within of 10 minutes of applying my makeup. This primer stopped the oilies *and* kept my shadow in place and looking perfect from morning to night !!

Amazing, amazing, amazing. Need I say more? You have to try it to appreciate it, because it is such a great product... keeps my eyeshadow/pigment/liner in place all day long. It actually pulls the pigment onto your eye from the brush. A must have. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because the packaging is gimmicky - the bottle probably doesn't hold much, but is overly ornate, and the price could be a little more reasonable. I will purchase it again though. EDIT: bumping this up to 5 lippies, because I cannot live without it, the longevity it gives my e/s plus the fact that it does not budge makes it invaluable!

on 8/25/2004 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the absolute best primer product on the market! I am always on the lookout for a primer and this is the best i have ever tried. My eyeshadow lasted all day 13 hours, without creasing and shadow remaining true to color. This comes in a slender tube designed slightly like a genie bottle with a wand type applicator that retails for $15. It is most similiar to Loreal de-crease but the formula goes on slightly more sticky but dries immediately to a natural finish. This is better than Benefit FyEye, PD eyeprimer, Loreal De-crease, TF eye base. I find this about equal to MAC paints but mac paints arent designed as a base, so the nuetral shade of UD looks like your skin. Mac paints are also thicker and harder to apply. The UD just slide on, blend with finger and apply eyeshadow. It is a amazing primer and new HG for me!
*UPDATE* This is no longer my favorite shadow primer. The newest Shadow Insurance from TooFaced is better. Better packaging. Both last equally well, but the UD had a crepey effect with a tiny crease so TF is the winner and my new HG. The UDPP is still a good product but now there is better available.

on 8/30/2004 1:55:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this product. I have really oily lids, and I have hereditary dark eye circles, under my eye and on my eyelids. That means I am a tough case.

I am a MAC Nc30, but my eyelids are darker. I applied the Primer Potion in a light layer on each eye, and then applied my e/s. I found that it made some of the shadows look a little chalky on my lids.
The 2nd day I wore it, since I was just staying home, I did an eye to eye test. 1 lid with UD's and 1 day with Laura Mercier's Eye Basics, my staple. The UD did not last as long as the LM. Close, but I'll be sticking with Laura Mercier's. continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials