Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/1/2004 9:03:00 PM

This product is fantastic! My eye makeup tends to slide all over by the end of the day. This product kept my makeup looking perfect after a long day at work and through happy hour. I do not like the applicator wand, so I apply a small swipe to my eyelid and blend to brows with my finger. It hasn't irritated my eyes (I wear contacts), but I have noticed a slight burning/stinging sensation when initially applying the product and when removing with Biotherm Biocils eye makeup remover. I will not use this product every day due to my skin's sensitivity, but it is fantastic for special occasions or expected long days where I would rather refrain from touching up my makeup at work or before dinner. Also, the bottle is gorgeous (very "I Dream of Jeannie"), though I'd like it if I could tell how much product is left.

on 9/27/2004 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it! My eyeshadow ALWAYS ends up creasing BADLY, no matter what brand it is. I have really oily skin, which is the cause of it. I decided to do a test and wore my eye makeup a straight 24 hours. I had NO creasing at all! This is a HG for me!

Update! I'm still madly in love with this product! It makes my eyeshadow look tons better and helps it stay put. I just wanted to add that when you think you run out, (if you haven't done so already) pull out the plug thing at the top, there is still TONS more product left in it. Just some FYI so noone tosses it if they thought they used it all up. =)

on 9/27/2004 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have UBER-oily skin and my eyelids can ruin the reputation of even the best primers ;)

Thanks to this board I have discovered a couple of primers that seem to be worth their reputations! Prior to this weekend, my HG eyeshadow primer was BeneFit's FYEye. Loved it and still do :) :) :) But now I have a brand new HG.

Based on recs from here, I stopped by Sephora on the way home last Friday and picked up Urban Decay's Potion Primer. I put it to the test on Saturday wearing Stila's shadow pots... both lid and crease. Sunday I tested it by wearing colors from my Stage Door palette from Fresh. In addition to the shadows I used MAC kohl's and powerpoints for liners and both days my eyeshadow WORE LIKE IRON... 12-15 hours without fading or creasing or anything. At the end of the day, it looked like I had just done my eyeshadow... and that was after 12-15 hours including shopping one day at the outdoor marketplace and sweating in the 90 degree plus temperature of Southern California!

I'm a MAC NC40/42; BE 4.53; NARS St. Tropez. The primer goes on smooth and creamy with a wand applicator (I'd rather use my own e/s brush but eh, no biggie). It's a sort of ivory color which disappears and doesn't "turn" your e/s color.

I wish the bottle were clear so I could see how much is left - I know I'll be buying this again!

I gotta tell ya... I was definitely a skeptic about Urban Decay but the Primer Potion has more than exceeded my expectations :)

UPDATE 8/15/05: I still love this anad believe it to be a Holy Grail for me. I've discovered that if you take a pair of needle-nose pliers and remove the inner white ring, you can get TONS more product out of it. Just a helpful tip I wanted to pass along :) continued >>

OMG!!! This stuff is beyond unbelieveble! All the reviews you are reading are sooo true! OMG, the reason I got this is because of all the fab reviews about it on here, and i thought why not give it a chance, anyway I'm SOOOOO HAPPY I did. OMG, ever since I've been using this stuff my eyeshadow doesnt even budge. I wake up for school at around 5:30am, but do my makeup at say around 6:00 am, it lasts from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm and LONGER! Before thius stuff it use to last for about 3-4 hours. One time when I was using this stuff, I was soo tired and left my makeup on and omg guess what? That next morning it was still on! Talk about amazing! I swear I would pay a lot more money for this stuff even if was sold at a higher price than it is now, because it's worth it and WORKS!!! yay! hehe So get this if you want your eyeshadow to last! :) Hope I helped. hehe :)

on 9/24/2004 4:46:00 AM

Firstly let me thank Alice (lissa_g) for recommending this primer...thank you, thank you, thank you!! ; )
This stuff is amazing. My e/s usually creases towards the end of the afternoon, esp if it has been a warm day. Cream shadows don't even last that long on me. I put this on in a thin layer, it disappears immediately and feels very slight tacky but not at all uncomfortable. I put my shadow on at 6.15 am and when I went to remove it at 12.30am the following morning it was absolutely PERFECT! Not a budge! It doesn't interfere with the e/s so it's still easy to apply, blend, smudge etc and it also held my eye liner in place perfectly. It costs 9.50 in the UK which is reasonable as I imagine the tube will last for some time.

One of the best products EVER!!

continued >>

on 9/17/2004 11:36:00 PM

This is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever used and so far I like it. When I first tried to use it I put it on wrong by trying to keep layering it and it ended up smuding all over the place and then I couldn't get it off. Later I found out that it works better if you 1 put swipe on your lid and pat it all over you will have nice even coverage. It keeps your shadow/liner/whatever in place like no foundation ever can. Just amazing. This color is totally neutral and dries really quickly. I set it with powder just in case. I still don't know how I like the wand applicator. I've gotten used to it but there must be a better way.

This is the primer of the gods. I put this on at 8 am for work at a daycare. It can be very stressful and I often am sweating my butt off, but this lasted not only all through work, but through my shower later that night and taking out and putting in my contacts all day. It never smudged, creased, faded or anything. At 11:30 pm that night I took my makeup off, and it was still in place and didnt move until I wanted it to. If I touch my eye I notice it is a little dry (when the shadow is on, not that the primer dries out my skin) but its not itchy or bothersome, so thats not really a con. While I wish it was a little cheaper, I will pay for it again and again. On me (PPP) there is no color, but I think on a darker skin tone it would show up as a pale peachy color. Everyone should get this stuff. :P

This is so moisturizing, I'm actually astonished! The shade is of course a sheer pale neutral, like a concealer but so much smoother and no creases to be found! And can we say adorable bottle?

on 9/10/2004 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used. This comes with a wand applicator. The texture is not too liquidy and not too thick. It's an ivory color cream that prevents creasing and fading. After 12 hours, my eyeshadow was still perfect! This is the only eyeshadow primer I have used that actually does what it says!

on 9/7/2004 4:57:00 AM

AMAZING! This stuff is so wonderful-I'm so glad a person from BeAddicts recommended this to me. It's so great with all my Bare Escentual shadows, glimmers and glimpses. As most wearers of mineral makeup know-we NEED an eyeshadow base to keep the beautiful colors on for 8 hours.
I live in Southern California and the weather is unbearable at times. My eyeshadow is worn off and creasing and my lids look terrible-but now I don't have to even look in a mirror because I have this stuff on-so NO WORRIES! NEW HG DEFINITELY!