Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 4/14/2003 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Laura Mercier's translucent loose powder lives up to the hype. I was wary, because other translucent powders were too light, leaving me looking too pasty. But Mercier's powder is so fine, it leaves a soft, silky finish and doesn't cake up. It's great for under the eyes to set my eyeliner, yet it doesn't dry out my skin. Price $30.

on 4/12/2003 12:50:00 AM

A very nice setting powder that does not add any color or coverage. Wonderful for a natural, finished look. I was apprehensive that this shade might make me look chalky, but the finish is incredibly natural, as if I'm not wearing powder. It doesn't make me look too matte, but I do not get shiny in the T-zone with this any sooner than I normally would. This claims to contain cashmere talc, but the ingredients only states talc, so I'm not sure about that. But it has worked so well to set foundation, I'm sticking with it. One other note: it does not come with a puff. I use a powder brush but notice that a puff does not do a better job.

on 4/6/2003 1:17:00 PM

This is by far the best loose powder I've ever used! I've tried several others and still prefer this most of all. It's very finely milled, light, and silky and gives the nicest finish. It doesn't control oil as well as T.Leclerc but I like the finish so much more that it doesn't bother me!

I like a Translucent Powder because I find my oily skin starts turning other powders orangey by the end of the day. I use this in the mornings and MAC Blot Powder for touchups and never have a problem with changing color. It also doesn't get cakey even with several applications during the day

It's not a cheap powder, but the pot will last for so long. My first pot lasted almost two years with use several days a week.

on 3/31/2003 4:30:00 PM

I had hoped this would be better than my beloved Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil - they seem so similar. But it wasn't. I felt this LM powder was a little too light and too thick - it covered my skin too much and masked some of the natural color, plus felt cakey on though I tried to "sheer" it out. I just prefer BE more, though this LM had a heavenly silky feel.

on 3/26/2003 11:28:00 AM

If Becca is any better than this, I'll be stunned (waiting to try =))! This is hands down the best loose powder I've tried. For years I kept going back to purchase my standby Clinique because at least it was reliable coverage. Tried Shu Uemura, T. LeClerc, Sonia Kashuk, and many others, and none measured up to this. It very simply melts into your skin. Not only that, it grabs onto the brush, then grabs onto your skin--this is the first LP that I didn't end up with half of what was on the brush on the rest of my body! AMAZING. Coverage lasts all day, very natural looking. My HG, finally!

This is my favorite loose powder. I have very oily skin and this is one of the only loose powders that helps control the oil. It works a lot better than T. LeClerc for me and the translucent, although a bit pale, works well if I just use a light dusting. This powder is very finely milled and is fragrance-free. Definitely a winner!

on 3/14/2003 9:49:00 AM

I gave this powder a try because of all of the rave reviews on MUA, but never really expected it to live up to it's reputation. I have to say that this powder exceeded all of my expectations and then some. I have been using MAC loose powder and just figured that I have an oily T-zone because every day by about 2 my nose and forehead were as shiny as the Hope diamond. But with the laura mercier, I didn't get oily at all, and my skin didn't look overly matte or makeup-ey. I don't wear foundation, but I haven't had to re-apply all day, even when I've sweat a little. I'm also a bit acne-prone and haven't had any new blemishes since I've started using this powder. Great product, will definitely buy again.

on 3/4/2003 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Although I agree with most of the reviewers on this product, I do think that the translucent is a little fair for my complexion. It works in the winter but I'm sure it will be too light in the summer. (I wear LM Oil Free Found in Blush Ivory, Mac Studio Fix in NC20) With that being said, the powder is awesome! It is very finely milled and applies evenly and flawlessly. It controls oil, which is important on my oily, acne prone skin. The container is great too! Le Clerc has a container that is difficult to use! I would highly recommend this to everyone! Update 12/27/06: I am still using this product after several years and have yet to find anything that compares to this powder. I find that the color adjusts after about 20 minutes after it's applied and matches my skin perfectly. Highly recommend this to everyone!

on 2/21/2003 12:18:00 AM

Since I have not come across many reviews written by MMM/GGG women, I thought I'd post my two cents here. Ladies, don't be afraid of this translucent powder, for it is indeed translucent and does not apply like rice flour in the least. Although I don't wear foundation, I imagine this would be the perfect setting powder over foundation for a natural, invisible makeup look. Finally, this translucent powder is so versatile that it works on both my summer tan and winter 'pallor'.

on 1/14/2003 6:59:00 AM

I never thought I'd stray from my beloved Becca Loose Finishing Powder, but this may just tempt me.

This is one of the silkiest, feather-light powders I've ever used. It literally makes my skin look flawless- porcelain and finished, but not cakey or powdery. Controls shine pretty well, and looked so natural. continued >>