Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Palladio is the sh-t! and i don't mean that in a bad way! Their products are of good quality and great value I'm a fan of a lot of their products and this is one of them. If you have oily skin this powder is going to be your friend. It won't dry or irritate your skin but it.will give you a nice matte finish and control your oil for hours. I would definately recommend if your seeking a cosmetic solution to keeping your oil at bay without breaking your skin out or breaking your bank account for that matter

on 8/26/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this powder! I'm very oily, and I've tried many powders, and this does the best job of keeping my oiliness down. Don't get me wrong, I still have to blot after 3-4 hours, but for me this is great. Even then I'm not super oily, just enough to need blotting.This is a lovely, soft, finely milled powder. It even has a nice mild scent. I use a big dense fluffy powder brush for this-I dip it in the powder, then swirl it in the box top to embed it well into the bristles. Then I press (not swipe) it into my skin. It gives me a matte leaning satin finish. I love the way it looks on my skin! I'm very fair and I use the translucent. I think the packaging is sort of cute on the outside! I find the best way to get the right amount of powder is to tip the box upside down once or twice-this will get some of the powder out of the little holes so you can dip your brush into it. It's easy to get too much but not hard to get the hang of getting how much you need. It's not really travel friendly if you're looking for that, but it's great to use at home. This is an HG product for me!

I've been using this powder about a year now. At first I hated the baby powder type smell and the packaging was awful. I could not take it travelling and whenever I would use it all this powder would end up all over my vanity. Other than that... I have fallen in love. I bought the shade translucent because I am very pale and I'm so glad I did because the powder is not actually "translucent", it has some color to it. If you get the right shade, this even works as a powder foundation. What's more is that it doesn't have that chalky look, it looks smooth and really evens out your skin if you use a flat top powder brush (I use ELF's to apply it). I apply this on top of sunscreen to mattify it and if I want coverage, I will apply more. This makes my skin look airbrushed (not full coverage by any means, but in terms of texture) and even diffuses the light making my freckles look less noticeable. This does not oxidize on my skin or break me out. It does not last all day but my combination skin gets so oily, anything that I use does not hold up, not MAC, not anything so I'm sure the product would hold up well for someone without oily skin. Highly recommend because it lasts forever, it's only $5 at Sephora, it is multi-purpose, and it will make your skin look amazing.

on 8/11/2013 11:11:00 PM

I use the translucent and this is a fantastic finishing loose powder. I tend to be a bit oily in the T-Zone and this lasted at least 7hrs w/out touch ups (rice blotting paper). I use it with a big brush not the pad it comes with. I like that it's small enough for traveling too. Price point is not bad, I got it at Sally's for under $6.00.

For reference I am NC10 at MAC. Which means I am nearly albino, with warm undertones. I have extremely oily skin, big pores, & currently live in TX where summer is basically hot, humid, hell on earth. Saying it is hard for me to find proper make up would be an understatement.

I used Coty Airspun for years (which is talc based) & I really thought that was the best thing on earth since it wasn't full of silicone like most of the powders on today's cosmetic market. Silicones tend to only make oily skin more oily. I also tried silica based powders (IE: MUFE HD powder & the E.L.F knockoff...) but never got the hype. Today though, I only use Palladio Rice Powder. The only advantages it has over my beloved Coty Airspun is this setting powder keeps oil at bay longer & is more finely milled, so it never looks cakey nor makes my foundation appear unnatural. I like how this doesn't emphasize my pores or imperfections.

The only way I wish Palladio would improve this product is by having a broader shade range. I bought this in both Translucent & Natural with no luck. Translucent is pale enough, but too pink. Yet Natural was warm toned enough...but too dark. I can't win. Regardless I still consider this to be my HG setting powder. Translucent is...translucent...enough that the sickly pink undertone becomes barely noticeable over warm toned liquid foundation. As for Natural, I keep it for when I get stuck with a liquid foundation that's too pale or pink.

guys get oily skin too and working in the modelling industry the last few years ive learned some secret tricks not many know about reguarding guys and invisible makeup tricks!! while on one of my more hi-profile shoots, the makeup artist had this product sitting out and was applying it to all the of us male models. not being a stranger to having makeup applied in various textures and types (many of which irritated my sensitive skin) I was a little surprised this was all she was using on us. noticing my slight confusion she continued to explain that this product was perfect for men for everyday use and not just on females for a finishing product. she explained this product would go on sheer and light, airbrishing the skin, evening tone and keeping the shine at bay for hours. wow was she right. it literally looked like I had nothing on, yet my skin retained such a matte smooth and greasless appeal! the kicker was she explained she purchased this product at Sally stores which are easily accesible and nationwide. after the shoot I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and stop in and get one of these. I bought it in the warm beige since I do spray tan and also purchased a "blush brush" for application. this is my best kept beauty secret. it literally looks like I am wearing nothing but my own healthy skin. people compliment my skintone as well telling me they've never seen such flawless glowing skin on a man. i only apply it mainly to my T-Zone as thats usually my oil problem areas (entire forhead, nose, cheeks and a bit on my chin) much like a bronzer is applied. in fact, this CAN be used as bronzer minus all the shimmery nonsence they add to most nowdays. I use this product atleast 4-5 times a week and have had my product for almost a year and a half now. you CAN travel with it but its best to scotch tape it closed whilst in trasit to prevent spills. I recommend this to girls and guys alike who want to have that air brushed look, natural flawless coverage, price conscious and practical product thats nothing short of a miracle! and at just over $5, theres absolutely nothing to lose :) xoxo

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I will be the first to admit -- I am a makeup snob. I started wearing makeup in the late 1960's, and I have always had the mindset that if it didn't come from a makeup counter at a major department store it was not touching my face . Period. I've used Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder #2 for years but they recently discontinued the #2 and now only make it in Translucent. I don't know if the formulation is different because I've had a couple of breakouts lately, and I'm 60 years old (but I still have very oily skin). Anyway, I recently retired and I'm trying to save a few bucks, so I figured I'd try it after reading the reviews on MUA, and if it didn't work I've only wasted a few bucks. I have never been so pleasantly surprised in my life! It goes over my foundation BETTER than the Laura Mercier! Lasts all day and holds back the oil so nicely. And the smell reminds me of a powder my grandmother and aunts wore, which I love. I took the powder out of the container and put it in my empty LM shaker container which functions much better. Oh, I purchased the powder in both the Warm Beige and Translucent to see which one I'd like better. My complexion is between Halle Berry and Vanessa Williams. The Warm Beige left a grayish caste on my face. The Translucent, which actually has a bit of color in it, works much better for me. I apply it over my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation using the big face brush from The Body Shop. My snob days are over. I love it.

Purchased this powder at Sally's in the color 'warm beige'.
Finally I have found my holy grail powder! First off,the color is subtle making it an exact match for my skin & makes it easy to blend! I use my sponge puff from another compact to apply,the puff it comes with is just horrible! ..any other sponge works just fine. Sponge for medium coverage,brush-- for sheer coverage. The product is weightless and lets my skin breathe,all while providing a gorgeous glow to my skin.

PRO's:
-BEAUTIFUL,airbrush finish
-makes all my foundations look amazing!
-works well alone OR with any foundation i've tried so far
-Can't finish my look without this
-Poreless finish
-Medium coverage,great for covering my concealer
-Love the fresh scent
-adorable packaging
-Lasts for awhile,keeps my oily t-zone controlled.

CON's:
-Although the packaging is adorable,I hate that it isn't portable. I would love to carry this with me but the lid pops right off spilling the product everywhere..so don't even try it!
-The application puff it came with is poor quality and useless. It goes on cakey with it so I recommend using another sponge or even a brush to apply!

The overall product itself is PERFECT,wouldn't change a thing & will purchase again!!

on 5/31/2013 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

holy crap this was HORRIBLE. I purchased it two years ago and I had nothing but bad things to say about it. The color was terrible, went on really light beige and turned completely ORANGE after about 10 minutes. Made me suuuuuper oily and to top it off it got on everything!

The package was the worst, I literally had to tape it because it was so flimsy and it didn't do anything for my skin. The last straw was when I started breaking out after using it for a few days.

I will say that their blotting sheets are the SHEEEEET~ they come with a little bit of powder on them so when you blot you don't lose any of your makeup and they leave you really nice and matte.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Sadly the strong perfume in it broke me out. It did work well though otherwise.