Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 2/17/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Totally worthless. I got a tiny little sample jar when I bought my first Prescriptives foundation a few years ago, and I still have some. Mine still has the incredible wet feel to it but it also still makes me look like I'm with the band, except not in a "sexy tight jeans and dirty curls" way, more like a "sweaty from lifting equipment and doing blow off of a hooker's ass" way. Is that what you're going for? Because if you are, buy three.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! I don't use it so much when I first apply my makeup, but more often if I'm touching up (typically after coming home from work/school and on my way somewhere else) - I find that it really perks up my makeup, and the wet feel is nice. As others have noted, it's easier to apply more. This gives my face a great, airbrushed look without looking show-girl glittery. My only problem with the product is the packaging -right after I buy it, I poke holes in the little sticker over the holes to dispense the powder, that way I can only tap a little out at a time. I've found that this keeps the powder "fresh" and with its wet feel longer.

I vote 'No' on this product. First of all, there is a definite learning curve on application. If you find yourself thinking, "Oh my god! It really is WET powder!" while applying, then you are putting on too much. This thought is often followed by the flakey 'mask' look described by others. You should only apply enough powder to cause yourself to wonder,"Hey! Is that wet or just cold?" Second, and the deal breaker in my book, it makes my face itch. I'm talking--itchy a la Bare Essentuals mineral powder. Icky itching to the point where I can't wait to get home and wash my face off. It's such a shame. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this stuff--because I certainly won't be wearing it. UPDATE; I've had a change of heart about this product. I took my own advise and apply much, much less and I'm not having any problem with it. Also, because of a new skincare regime my skin is no longer dry and I think this has something to do with it. So, I'm keeping it!! I would not recommend this product to people with dry skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was dissapointed on this one. Purchased this to help even out my skin tone and brighten my face. Bought the full size vanity jar, and even one of their powder brushes to go with.

This powder is very so-so. Sometimes, with the right touch and a perfect color scheme going on, this used as a highlighter can look fabulous!!! But, most often I find this to be too hard to blend and too diffucult to use when your using nightime dramatic colors. When used as an all over face finishing powder, my PPP skin looks like it got into a fight with Tinkerbell----and LOST.

I was severly ticked when my container also lost its "moisturizing water" my jar is now dry as a bone--despite never being exposed to air for longer than three of four minutes, and the container is only a month and a half old. The jar is not air tight (the SA told me this, after offering to do an exchange) so this will happen to a replacement too.

on 1/23/2007 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I loved this product in the store when the saleslady put it on me, but of couse when I got it home and tried it in natural light the powder was too dark for me. I loved the cooling water feeling and that it did not dry out my skin at all, but I could never wear this. I wear just moisturizer and like to put a little powder over it, but when I put this powder over it, it turned orange. (Mac is one of the few brands I don't have this problem with). also, the coverage was not smooth. If you had more in one place than in another it was pretty obvious, and if you tried to touch/rub it with your finger it would leave lines behind. so basically, the cooling feeling was great but I would not recommend this to someone unless they had darker skin (I am pretty fair) and didn't use moisturizer.

on 2/5/2007 4:21:00 PM

I must say im a bit undecided on this one. The selling point is awesome - it does really feel like water on your face! But i cant decide whether it makes my face look over shimmery or dewy. I also find that its not shimmery enough to use as a highlighter, but a tad overdone for all over the face.

on 1/3/2007 12:08:00 AM

It wasn't really shimmery enough for me to use as a highlighter, but it was too shimmery to use anywhere else like my cheeks. I like the initial cooling sensation, but that's about the only thing I liked about this product.

on 1/5/2007 10:04:00 PM

This stuff is amazing - it looks like your face was airbrushed! I only use this for special occasions, but it is worth the rather expensive price. Nice to find a product that actually does what it says it will. Especially flattering under usually horrible florescent lights too...

on 12/20/2006 3:26:00 PM

I'm having a hard time believing anyone would try to use this powder over their whole face. I use it only as a highlighter on my upper cheek/eyebrow area. It was sold to me as a subtle hightlighter, as it's pearlescent, not sparkly. I'm 48 and don't need any sparkles on my face. This works like a dream. I've been using a bunch of Prescriptives products lately...good products, decent prices. I just can't imagine from the previous reviews how ridiculous this would look brushed everywhere...even on young skin. The wet/cooling effect IS gimicky, but harmless. I ignore it entirely. I've been obsessed with highlighters in the last couple months...I've bought inumerable ones...Clarins, Nars, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, etc. This is one of the best ones, and definitely a keeper...and at the rate I use it, it'll last well into my children's lifetime.

on 1/14/2007 8:42:00 PM

I like this product. I love the cool water feeling when you put it on and the finish it leaves. I use prescriptives foundation and concealer too and people tell me my skin looks really smooth. I don't like the packaging. If the too much powder comes out of the sifter and sits on top the water must evaporate out because I don't get that nice cooling with the "extra" like when I have to tip it out. 40 and luv'n it ;-)