E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I have a few of these lip glosses, and while the color is very pretty, they smell and taste yummy, they are too sticky for me!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Whenever I need a gloss, I always reach for this stuff. I have Candlelight, Watermelon, and Nashville, Miami, and Boston from a gift set.

Candlelight is a soft glowy nude peach. Works great for a natural look or to balance out dramatic eyes. Watermelon is a shimmery pink watermelon color that doesn't clash with my fair skin and red hair. Adds a great bright punch of color but is sheer enough to be worn everyday. It was my default gloss this past summer.

Nashville is a sweet pale pink color that adds a slight baby pink tint to the lips and has very tiny gold shimmer. Reminds me a lot of the Merle Norman Luxiva Delites shade "Strawberry Smoothie." Great dupe. Miami is a little darker than Nashville and has larger shimmer bits that are silver and gold. Both go on sheer so I can't honestly say there's much difference between the two aside from shimmer color and content. Still good basic pinks to have on hand. Boston is my favorite from the gift set. It's a very shimmery berry/pink/red color with gold shimmer that goes on a little more opaque than the other two. I adore this shade and am currently experimenting with lip liners to see how I can alter it. Great to apply over red lippies. I wish ELF sold these shades individually instead of in a set.

Personally, I love the grape smell and smooth texture. I don't find it gloopy or sticky at all. The texture is very close to MN Delites, but doesn't quite have that gel feel. ELF reformulated the spf so now it's Titanium Dioxide instead of the previous chemical sunscreen, yay! I buy my glosses either from the ELF website (a buck on there) or from Target which now carries the gift sets (I got mine for $3). For a $1 each it's a great, great value. I'd don't see myself buying another brand of gloss. I love my SGLS too much to pay more. :)

on 11/23/2009 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was a good value for being a dollar, but I would rather spend 7 on a Beauty Rush gloss from Victoria's Secret and not have to worry about reapplying every 5 minutes. But I will probably be gifting some of their $3 sets as stocking stuffers!

i absolutely love this lipgloss! the first time i bought malt shake, and i love the smell soooo much. it smells amazing! like grape candy! and there is actually colour! you know alot of lip glosses has got no colour? this one definitely does.

i love my malt shake so much that i went back to buy the pink kiss one. i half expected it to come out clear like most baby pink lipgloss, but no it showed up on the lips too!! its awesome!

so i went back again! lol. and got Goddess since so many people love that shade. but i haven't tried it yet..

there is so much product in the tube. defintely defintely worth the money.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i have this in the darkest available color and the tube i have does not say which shade it is.this product is really cheap and the color is great on me. it is thick in consistency which is good because it will stay put but will rub of easily against any surface.im not a fan of the smell either it smells grapey citrusy just like bad smelling vitamins but i used it everyday for two weeks and now the smell does not bother me anymore. it has spf which is really good for my lips

on 9/18/2009 6:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i got this in a package of 5, all the shades were neutral colors
PROS:
-PRICE !!!!!
-great quality, glide on nicely
-love the colors
-don't dry out my lips
-nice scent

CONS:
-wish it came in a wand
-would improve staying power

I have this in Angel, and i hate it. It's so thin, and sticky. It gets everywhere, and the glitters get stuck on my lips. It smells horrible too, but what do you expect when its only a dollar?

I have goddess- peachy-beige nude. takes my lip color up a step, so it doesn't blend in. my favorite

watermelon- name describes it perfectly! bright pretty color!

angel- perfect clear color, great over lipstick

they aren't too sticky, and last long enough.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For the price you really can't beat these. Theyre fullsized lipglosses (unlike the liquid lipstick and the plumping glosses, of which you get very little product). They give you nice shiny lips but never in an "over the top" way. The pigmentation is usually quite good but it differs from gloss to gloss. Also, in the packaging, the gloss seems quite shimmery but on your lips its barely noticable. I wear these on a daily bases as they are very nice, natural looking glosses.

Took a lippy off for the scent, I do not mind it much but I would have liked it better if it didn't have it! (sort off a chemical grape scent)

on 8/17/2009 7:38:00 PM

Some of the colors are nice but I find that it is very sticky. I normally like my lip glosses sticky because I find they last longer throughout the day. But this product gets so sticky that when my hair accidentally brushes my lip, strands of my hair is coated in the lip gloss and remains stuck to my lip until I pull it off. Not cool. The packaging is ABSOLUTELY horrible too because the tip ripped off (it was in my makeup bag and I opened to find a big gooey mess) and now I have to use a lip brush to dip into the container to get the gloss.