COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 3/2/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product was really not that great. For my oily skin with medium pores, it seems to highlight my blackheads and make my face shiny pretty quickly. The puff really sucks....it picks up way too much powder. Would not repurchase.

I use as my setting powder after my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless though though I do have to reapply halfway through the day
I threw out the puff that came with it and use my BM total face brush instead

I personally like the slight shimmer in it. it's not too much but reflects the light enough too hide the tiny inperfections on my face

on 2/17/2008 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I hated this product mainly because it was too shimmery for my face . I think that it made me look like I was wearing glitter all over my face.

I wouldn't use it again as a face powder instead I now use it to dust over my shoulders and chest area for a little shimmer when I get dressed up.

on 2/12/2008 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous powder with a nice texture. I purchased in Shimmering Sands, intending to use as a blush/body shimmer, but I've wound up lightly dusting it all over my face after using as a contour.

Do not use the useless puff that comes with it, use a powder brush. It has a lovely pearly finish, I am prone to rashes, inflammation and breakouts on my otherwise oily face and the shimmer really takes the attention away from uneven skin texture.

The packagaing can get a bit messy but it has never made a mess in my bag. As with all loose powders, you get a bit on your clothes but it's easy to brush off.

It's also easy to reapply when it's worn off, and doesn't look too bad. On me it lasts about 4 hours before I need to reapply. I will repurchase in different colours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product isn't very good. It covers very nicely at first, and skin looks flawless. After about 2 hours it makes your skin very very oily, I would swipe my finger down the bridge of my nose and my finger would then be wet and very shiny. If you have dry patches, or if you picked at your face and theres a little scab, the makeup will stick right to it and make it extremely noticable. The only thing this is good for is covering up redness. So you can be red and dry or even and severely oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only reason i put yes i would buy this product again is because even though its a horrible sucky loose powder it makes for a GREAT bronzer/blush (when placed correctly). i bought this in translucent medium since i have a medium skin tone and what i got was a dark bronzey color almost orange. i hated it and couldnt find my receipt so i improvised and decided to use it as a blush. it actually makes a great lasting blush. bt as a powder its two thumb way down.

This is loose powder from the Trublend line. You get a lot of product for the price, and I think this will last me a long time. I purchased this in translucent fair (I'm NC 20-25) and the color is great. It's got shimmery particles, the "luminous" aspect. This is an ok product that I wouldn't repurchase. The packaging is very flimsy, and the cap get cracked very easily. The product itself is too shimmery for my taste. It looks nice at first but just makes my skin look oily after about an hour. The powder itself is too gritty. Maybe if it was more finely milled I would like it better. There are better loose powders out there.

this powder has an unatural orange shade to it. i bought the shade 'translucent light' and its like medium-orange. and also, it gave me cyctic pimples! that was horrible. i'm acne prone, but only on my T zone, and i don't usually get cystic acne, but after i used it i got a few cystic pimples on my cheeks!! ugh. k, i love the actual powder, and the packaging, but maybe if they just changed the colour a bit. but i wouldn't buy it again cause it caused me to have horrible acne, and left me with horrible scars. if you have orange skin though, by all means, this makeup is for you.

I like this product when my skin is oily but when i have dry patches it sticks to them making my skin extremely uneven. I love the shimmer its a very nice touch. The colors are definitely off. I used the translucent fair and it wasn't fair at all. It would be nice in the summer but i wouldn't be able to wear it any other time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i have pale skin and blue eyes and i bought the lightest shade called translucent fair and it was to dark and orange. the colors suck and need to be lighter and more neutral. but the powder is nice accept it kinda stings my sensitive skin..it has a light shimmer which is very pretty, does not dry skin out, does not crease into large pores, fine lines and covers up all imperfections. in these categories it works better than foundation but those frigging ugly, non-neutral, dark colors suck and if your skin is sensitive be careful.