MAC 15-PAN

MAC 15-PAN
15-PAN

4.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Defintely good quality, long lasting, very durable, and cute! Petite and magnetized!! Holds pots really nicely and makes it easy to remove them if necessary. You can actually remove the frame and fit more eyeshadows inside actually and make the most of your palette!! A little pricy, but the quality is amazing and they are defintely very sturdy!! I love these palettes because it makes makeup application a lot easier...specially when doing makeup on others...it's great to have a palette that you can carry around rather than carrying all the eyeshadow pots =)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

One of my most proud purchases ! I just recently got one and I'm slowly building it up with matte colourful eyeshadows. My goal to finish 2, if not, 3 of these by the end of this summer - one with browns and neutrals, and one with blacks, greys and whites. I am HOOKED.
Firstly, you do end up saving a considerable amount of money when you start building an empire of eyeshadows ( a pot = $17CAD vs. a refill pan = $13CAD, that's a total of $60 cheaper for 15 shadows). If you must depot because you don't have access to a free-standing MAC store where you can get refills, then you still have the Back 2 MAC recycling program. Nothing to lose =)
Secondly, it's totally efficient and convenient - everything's laid out for you and you don't have to fumble around looking through individual pots for a particular colour. And its awesome that YOU get to choose what colours you like. Personalize your palette to suit you.
Thirdly, it's totally affordable. I got mine off Ebay (cause I didn't do my research and thought you could only get it at PRO stores.. stupid of me lol. But you can definitely get it at a free-standing MAC store). I think its almost $15 for a pan and it comes magnetized. Refill pans are too but the pots aren't, so you're going to have to stick a magnet on it.
What's also great about this is that its compatible with a lot of other brands, as long as they're 26mm in diameter. You can get Annabelle refill pans at Shoppers Drug Mart for $4.99 ea!
To recap this review, I think every single person who uses eyeshadow (and who doesn't?) needs to get crackin' on building up their own eyeshadow palette. I'm a hugeee fan of MAC but coastal scents also sells empty eyeshadow palettes. Do some research to see what you'd like but definitely try this at some point!

on 4/23/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

You definitely can't beat the quality of MAC palettes for the price and the fact that they're magnetized .. I have 4 pans, and 15 pans, and while I love both .. I prefer the 4 pans if for no other reason than the elimination of "guesswork" on what's inside, since the lids on the 4's are clear. I still love my bigger palettes .. but I'm hoping MAC will eventually re-do the 15's with clear lids so that I can easily and quickly see what's inside without having to label them, or keep opening/closing them to see what's inside. All in all though, for $12.50 .. it doesn't get much better than this! MAC palettes never break on me, and are incredibly convenient since it allows me to depot and consolidate my stash :)

on 4/29/2009 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

if youre going to be building up a collection and buying a lot of shadows you need to buy these palettes and buy the refill pans. i buy mine at the freestanding MAC store at the mall by me. the refill pans are only $11 compared to the $14.50 for the pots. this palette was only $12! great deal. i need these for organization and it's easier to find your shadows this way.

I have 2 of these almost all filled up and my 3rd empty is on it's way. These are great for organizing eye shadows according to colors or finishes. Watch out though...it's addicting to try and get them all filled up!!!

on 4/9/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love these palettes! They save so much space, whether it's in your train case or just lying around on your vanity. Perfect for those who collect all the eyeshadows.

on 3/20/2009 10:24:00 AM

This refillable compact is simple, sleek, and slim. It has a flat black plastic exterior with MAC logo on the top. Unfortunately, there is no mirror or well for storing a brush. Overall, the palette is the same size as MAC's refillable 6-pan (blush) palettes, just with a different insert for holding 15 pans. Perfect for gals who like to depot and/or mix and match colors.

The palette itself is magnetized. Holds pans up to 26mm in diameter, such as:

Smashbox eyeshadow singles

Studio Makeup / Studio Gear

Urban Decay Eye Shadow

Wet 'n' Wild

-->See snickersforsnuggle's notepad (click here) for a more complete listing. (You may have to click on "continued" to get the hyperlink to work.) continued >>

on 2/27/2009 4:02:00 PM

I SWORE that I would never depot... but... then... ugh.... I totally caved!

Well innitially I just wanted to create a palette of neutral/everyday shadows that I intended to buy in pan form slowly over time... but I got anxious looking at an empty palette with only four shadows in it so I decided one or two of my earlier shadows would work well in the palette... and then some more...and then some more...

NOW I have TWO palettes full (one neutral and one pinks/purples) both depots and propans, and I couldn't be happier.

I still keep some LE packaging and a few colours that I had already hit pan on and was afraid to break in the depotting process....

My depotting technique:
I have NEVER broken a shadow during this procedure, and only ripped one label and that was before I perfected my technique.
All you need are the right tools:
A $2 eyeglass repair kit from any drugstore. (this is the secret weapon!)
A candle
A fridge magnet(cut into tiny pieces), like a pizza advertisment or some such...

So I use the mini flat head screw driver that comes with the eyeglass kit to pop off the top pan section from the pot part of the MAC container by sticking it into the seam at the front in the latch part.
I hold the back of the shadow above the flame of the candle until is it a little "sweaty" with condensation and then I put the shadow face down on the table and press the screw driver into the melty back of the pan until the metal pan comes out of it.
It will still be gluey and sticky so I attach a tiny magnet to it then and put it aside.
Next I take the "pot" part of the container and put the sticker/label side above the flame.
After a few seconds, the sticker will begin to seperate from the plastic and it will be easily pulled off.
It too will still be sticky so I put it directly ontop of the magnet on the back of the shadow metal pan.
I press down to make sure the label is properly stuck to the pan and VOILA!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

love it, great for organizing shadows. for those that complain that it doesnt have a mirror/brush holder, thats because its not meant to be carried around in your purse!

on 3/21/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely ADORE these palettes.

So many different types of eyeshadows fit within this palette, and it just sooooo convenient and easy to store. For the quality of this palette I will be definitely buying more.

They are an amazing investment. Especially since I have bought many other types of makeup palates that fit MAC shadows and they aren't nearly as great of quality. In these ones I never have to worry about the eyeshadows falling out.