Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

You cannot go wrong with this top coat. It dries super fast and leaves amazing shine. Just bought my second bottle this year!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My current HG topcoat. Dries most of my polishes in about 5 minutes, and manage to last around at least 3 days with no chip or dents from polish not dried properly on the inside. As long as I wait the few minutes between applying coats it always turns out well. Although I do notice the polish somewhat shrinks along the tip of my nails even though I didn't touch anything... something that never happened with Sally Hansen quik-dry top coat, but it's not really noticeable. If it has a wider brush, it would be THE perfect topcoat for me.

I bought this as an alternative to Poshe, which I didn't like because of its brush and how quickly it would make my polish chip. I was hoping after reading all the positive reviews that this would be HG for me but nope unfortunately.

The one advantage Good to Go has over Poshe is its brush, which is much easier to use. However, it also gets thickened close to halfway down the bottle and becomes completely unusable without thinner. You get 0.46 oz as opposed to Poshe's 0.5 oz. It is more expensive as well at $10 vs $6.99 for Poshe.

The thing that ticks me off the most about Good to Go is its longevity. Yes, your polish will dry pretty quickly with no shrinkage (as long as you apply Good to Go when it's not too wet or too dry) but my manis on average last just a day or 2 before it begins cracking or chipping in chunks. For a long time I didn't wear any top coat whatsoever and my manis would usually last 4-7 days. (My nails are naturally strong and grow fast by the way.) I guess there's a trade-off when it comes to fast-drying top coats? This is perfect for a person who paints their nails every other day but for someone like me who wants manis to last nearly a week it just doesn't work. I've tried all kinds of brands with Good to Go, from Orly to OPI to China Glaze to Zoya to Essie itself, they all had the same results. I thought maintaining the mani by fixing tipwear and reapplying the top coat over a coat of clear nail polish (I use Sally Hansen Invisible) to minimize risk of shrinkage would help it last longer but the chips continued to occur.

I'm going to give both Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat and Sally Hansen Anti-Chip Top Coat a try and see if either of those works better for me.

UPDATE 1/10/2015: Bought both the Revlon and Sally Hansen top coats, I had the same issues with those two as Good to Go. I have come to the conclusion that fast-dry top coats don't work with my body chemistry...too bad! I am currently testing Essence's Express Dry Drops, hope it works!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I painted G2G on my nails then walked back to my bathroom. I hesitated before diving into my makeup bag, thinking, "There is no way this stuff is dry in under a minute". I gently tapped a finger against my nail and it was STONE HARD DRY!! Unlike those oils that claim to "dry" nails quickly (spray PAM cooking spray on your nails? Really??). My only question is, why cant ALL nail polishes dry this fast??

on 8/26/2013 2:59:00 AM

It dries quickly and goes on smoothly - which are very important for quick drying top coats.

I also like the fact that it's readily available - I don't have to make a special trip to a beauty store or online order. I can just go to local drugstore (cvs, walgreens, etc) to pick one up easily. Having that said, Essie in general is "pricey" for drugstores and they never goes on sale at these drugstores. But overall, I don't mind purchasing them at their full price (I've seen them priced at anywhere between $8 - 10 depending on the store) because I like them.

One actual "negative" about the product - it starts to get thickened and gunky about half way down the bottle. It's still usable (but application suffers) but I end up buying new ones after about 1/2-2/3 way down.

on 9/24/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really loving this product. I received this as a freebie with an Essie Color Cube and honestly forgot about it until recently. Thus far, I love this product. It applies nicely, not to thick and not too runny, and dries super fast!! I'm thinking this may be my new HG topcoat.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am really pleased with this top coat. it is thin and adds a wonderful shine. I have had no problems with shrinkage, bubbles or chipping. It is not as fast drying as others but it is defiantly worth the little extra dry time. I will probably buy again if i don't find another better.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Make no mistake, I am a die-hard Seche Vite user BUT I borrowed this from my sister and it is really good stuff. I will highlight its advantages over Seche Vite:

-Does NOT make your nail polish chip. SV users feel my pain here. While it adds fantastic luster and dries all the nail polish layers thoroughly and rapidly, SV does kill the lifespan of your mani.
-Does not cause shrinkage (to my knowledge)
-Thinner product- for me, this is a con. I like gooping on my SV because I find that it smooths imperfections but I am sure others can appreciate the thinner texture of GTG.

Overall, I will probably continue to purchase Seche Vite as I find it has a far shorter drying time and I am lazy. My sister snagged these bad boys at Big Lots for $1(!) but I would recommend this topcoat even at full price.

Definitely the best top coat I've ever used! I always stayed away from Seche Vite because it seemed overrated and a little sketchy with the chemicals, but I think it has met its match. Essie Good to Go goes on like a dream, and the brush is the perfect size for smaller nails like mine. It dries super fast and is incredibly glossy, with no bubbling or shrinkage. Manicures remain perfect for days after a coat of Good to Go. The price is reasonable; not cheap by any means, but it's still not as pricey as some others, such as the Sephora by OPI top coays. My only complaint is that I wish it came in a bigger bottle since I use it so much!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite top coat of all time!! Dries super fast & the shine it gives you is amazing! My only problem with this top coat is that half way thru the bottle it gets very thick, which makes it very hard to use & makes the shrinkages 10x's worse!