MAC MAC Liquid Liner

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this liner i am experienced in applying liquid liner so i have no problem with the felt tip brush. its dark and pretty and the packaging is convenient. A good cheaper alternative to this would be line stiletto eyeliner by Maybelline, but mac is more pigmented

all smudges away within 20 minutes........enough saidd.....

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After hearing raves about this eyeliner, I decided to give it a go- I have oily lids and really sensitive eyes and I tear very easily too (smoke, dust, if the air is too dry.. you get the gist). I made the mistake of not trying it on my lids at the counter. I only drew a line on the back of my hand and after it dried, I tried to smudge it off. The lasting power was good and it didnt smudge so I didnt bother testing it out on my eyes and just bought it.

The first time I used it, as soon as I drew close to the lash line, my eyes started to sting just a little (maybe from the smell/fumes?) but it subsided after a while so I ignored it. A few hours into the night, my oily lids made this liner smudge and not only that, it also made me tear and it really stung my eyes. I had to use a tissue to blot my eyelids (couldnt wash it all off because I was at a function) and it was actually a little sticky. Inititally I didnt think it was the liner, maybe the place was smoky so I tried using it on a few other occassions, clubbing, school, dinners and my eyes would have the same reaction.

One time it hurt so bad and I had my contacts in, I actually had to remove my contacts. Though it was a new bottle, I couldnt bear to use it anymore because it kept making my eyes tear so I threw it out after a while and switched to Bobbi Brown's gel liner. Havent looked back since. For those of you who have sensitive eyes, just remember to try it on at the counters before you buy this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I dont like this one because, the brush is hard to use. It is not even a brush it is like a marker tip and I dont get the wing with it. I am used to liquidlast brush and I get much nicer line with a normal and proper brush. Also I do not find occasions I can use this because it will smudge easily if my eyes would tear becuase of allergies- I must be really spoilt with the MAC liquidlast treasure!

I personally LOVE this but didnt give it great points because i believe there are better ones out there. I have repurchased this before and will continue to until i found something better. i love the consistency and formula. The felt tip is pretty good too, i dont need to press really hard. I have only tried the loreal liquid eyeliner other than this one. By the way, it was HORRIBLE! The mac one is great! if it was waterproof then it was be AWESOME! but it isnt so bad and does not easily smudge. Ive went clubbing with this before and my eyeliner stayed on all night.

I have this in Leatherette, a very dark brown which comes off almost black. I generally stay away from liquid liners and opt for the MAC kohls but I thought I would give this a go. The staying power is awesome and the colour is intense. Application wise, I'm not very good at drawing lines on my lids but its easy with its applicator tip however I find that its not as fine as I would like but that could be due to my lack of skill. Would definitely come back to this when I need to repurchase a liquid liner.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is in general a good Liquid Eyeliner. I don't think there are much faults, except my first liquid eyeliner was the Revlon Felt Tip eyeliner, and I do not really see a difference between these products. So I will just buy the cheaper one.
This is the liquid eyeliner for very intense looks, the black is very black. If you use it correctly, a very fine line can be achieved, but the strength of this liquid eyeliner is really that is is easier to draw a controlled thicker liner, if you want thin line, the PenUltimate does a better job.

I didn't realize how much I liked this liquid liner until I tried a drugstore brand. I was trying to find a cheaper alternative, and you get what you pay for. I tried Loreal Lineur Intense because it was recommended on YouTube, but it does not have the staying power or intensity that the MAC liquid liner does. I will definitely be sticking with my MAC.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG liquid eyeliner I've been repurchasing for years!! This does not streak and smudge on my oily eyelids. Brush is pointy flip tip makes application super easy. LOVE!!!!!

LADIES, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS PRODUCT - SERIOUSELY! I am a HUGE fan of eyeliner, I never leave the house without it - any bad reviews on this product and I TAKE OFFENSE - the person who has any complains with this product is evidently just not using it CORRECTLY. I will start off by saying that YES the brush is a bit difficult to work with if you are not use to applying eyeliner. I have experience with liquid eyeliners and so I don't find it hard to work with.

If you are NEW at using liners - liquid ones then STAY AWAY from this product - unless you are absolutely positive that you can handle the tricky application - u definetly need a precise and steady hand for this - may take time to master.

This is the blackest black you will get for your money. Honestly, I don't care if a product is expensive when I know I am getting my money's worth. I would in NO way compare this product to a drugstore product because of many reasons:

Longevity - DOES NOT SMUDGE - if applied correctly. The best way to use this liner if applied in the waterline or on bottom rim is to line your eye with a pencil first. I use Engraved Mac pencil. But I have used cheap kohl to line as well and it works as a primer for the liquid liner. After using your pencil, apply the liquid taking as little liquid on the brush as possible to avoid messy application.

Like most drugstore brands, this products colour will NOT fade. You know that grey colour u get after a few hours of putting your "blackest black" drugstore liner on (L'oreal For example), well MAC's liquid eyeliner will NEVER fade away. I say this with confidence as I am a regular user of this liner and have worn it four 12 hours or more sometimes and it's still in place and looks like I JUST did my eyeliner.

Honestly ladies, if you know how to put liquid eye-liner on, you shouldn't have a problem with this - YOU WILL LOVE IT!

If you don't know or don't have experience with liquid eyeliners and don't have the patience of working with the brush - don't buy it. Or you may use a different brush to apply the liner. Whatever works for you.

This is BY FAR - THE BEST LIQUID EYELINER IN THE MARKET.

=)