MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After ten years of trying every foundation under the sun including the most expensive and talked about foundations, MAC Studio Fix Fluid with SPF 15 is one of my favorite foundations for my very fair NW15 skin.

The secret to applying this VERY full coverage foundation is using a very damp beauty blender with one large drop the size of a pencil eraser on the blender and then dab it all over the face.

This foundation is VERY full coverage and a little goes a LONG way. So my one bottle will probably go bad before it runs out. I have relatively good skin with just a little redness and so this makes my skin look quite perfect.

I don't understand why anyone would want a lighter coverage as for me I have to use so much more product. MAC Studio Fix is a really great foundation using just a tiny dab and you're set! It is quite a bargain when you look at how little you need to get good coverage.

The only thing I would improve in this foundation is the bottle (please include a different dispenser) and the color is a bit yellow. A bit more neutral would be great.

Overall a great foundation where you will really get your moneys worth!

This is designed for medium to heavy coverage. I `d rather use a BB cream in hot climate for sheer coverage. I use this with Mac brush 187 (the skunk brush). This product doesnt last after a nite of dancing and even working at the office the whole day. Its oily and doesnt stay put. However, I do like the packaging and the easy- to-open rubber cap. It is pricey. Im also not impressed because this is more for stage/movie sets to provide coverage and not suited for my lifestyle. The other plus is that the color suited and matched my tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is really a review for the new NW10 shade, one of the new light shades MAC introduced this year. (There's also an NW13, which might be ideal for me, but my Macy's didn't have it in stock.)

I'm glad MAC is finally expanding their shades, as NW15 is too dark and red for me, and NC15, while light enough, is way too yellow. NW10 is almost a little too white for me, but it does blend well and is a little more neutral than its peachier cousin, NW15. (I have a swatch of it in my profile next to Full Coverage W10. You can see that's it's a bit warmer and darker than W10, which is truly pink-toned.) That being said, SFF is one of MAC's better foundations, though it's almost too dry for my skin. I wish like its drug store counterpart, Revlon's Colorstay, it came in two formulas, one for dry skin and one for oily. The coverage is medium, but buildable, but it doesn't get too cakey if you layer it on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a novice MAC foundation user, but after 1 day I have found my holy grail foundation after 2 years of trying every foundation under the sun from cheap to overpriced. Let me explain: I am 42 years young who was blessed with great even toned skin until 2 years ago when I developed melasma patches on my forehead, sides of both cheeks and a dreaded shadowy "moustache". The worst was the patch in the centre of my forehead which was large and obvious. My previous HG foundation ELDW Fresco (which I wore for 10 happy yrs) no longer covered my blotchy skin tone and obvious melasma. After 40 my skin tone also changed and became dull and the ELDW seemed to make my skin appear mask-like and even duller.

Since then I have been through a foundation journey costing a small fortune and delivering disappointing results. I tried Chanel (Perfection Lumier), Dior (Forever, Diorskin), Clarins (Everlasting), EL (Futurist), Revlon (Colorstay), Elle Bache, Vichy Dermablend, Lancome (Teint Idole 24hr) and others.

I have struggled to find a full coverage foundation that did not look mask-like and did not settle in the fine lines around my eyes and the horizontal lines above my brows.
Yesterday, I visited a MAC store and was advised to try the studio fix foundation in NC 20 and concealer . I was so delighted with the full flawless, but natural looking finish that I aborted my usual practice of taking a sample home before buying and took the plunge and bought the foundation. I was anxious that once I got home, I would suffer buyer's remorse when I applied the foundation myself in natural light.
I was thrilled this morning when I applied the foundation with the Mac mineral finish powder in medium over the top which I also purchased and achieved the same flawless, full coverage, but still natural looking finish the make up artist achieved. I could have cried to see my melasma patches completely disappear for the first time in 2 years without looking like I had a mask on. I was blown away when checking in the mirror after 6 hrs wear and very hot humid weather to see my make-up had not separated, oxidised or slid in my lines as all my other foundations did. I am so happy and at the price of $49 in Oz so much more reasonable than the other high end foundations that did not deliver for the price paid. Love love and will be loving MAC products. Will be repurchasing and adding to MAC products in the near future. Took one lippie off for the absence of a pump (sold separately).

I have regular acne breakout and quite a bit of scarring - and have tried every foundation from the cheapest (Cover Girl) to one of the most expensive (Giorgio Armani) and I have to say that MAC Studio Fix fluid is so far the best. It's great at concealing, although you still need to touch up spot with the MAC concealer, and looks very natural. More recently I tried the Studio Fix powder foundation and it was terrible on my face. It made me look cakey. I would highly recommend the Fluid to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample in NC20. The color is perfect for my skin, it is a lot less yellow when blended. I found it quite drying, but not overwhelming so. The second time I tried it, I applied it with a slightly damp sponge, making it more natural looking. This is a very long lasting makeup, it lasted all day on me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So far this is the best foundation that I have tried. Love the coverage it gives and the color match is great I'm an NW 40. Only thing I'm not loving is with spring being here it's a little heavy so shopping around for something light weight otherwise unless I find something better will repurchase.

I am generally loving this foundation. The MA got me a brilliant match (nw25) and of course, when she applied it, it looked perfect. When I tried it myself the next day, I was thinking it seemed more cakey, but then I discovered a small amount buffed in with my eco tools bamboo bronzer brush gives the lightest, airbrushed finish. I only powder my t-zone, and can apply powder blush on my cheeks with no caking or grabbing after a minute of application. Goes on at 6.30am, and after a busy day it still looks pretty much perfect at 8pm. Hope my love affair lasts.

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I've been using Nars Sheer Glow (matched to Punjab) and felt it was too yellow for me. I got a gift certificate to Nordstrom so I decided to try MAC foundation, I've heard a lot about it. I wasn't happy the Sheer Glow didn't have SPF, so Studio Fix seemed to be the right match for me. I have never been able to tell if I'm NW or NC, I don't know, my veins look bluey green. I sometimes look yellowish but I'm also pink. I was matched to NW20, it seems to match my skin very well, better than Nars. I don't have the yellowish tint Nars gave me. Studio Fix does smell like paint but the smell doesn't last long, and it does feel a bit more cakey than Nars, but not by much. Yes, it's a pain I had to buy the pump, but Nars doesn't come with a pump either. Nars is more liquid so I didn't need the pump, Mac is thicker so the pump is definitely necessary. My skin does look nice and the foundation, after setting with BE Mineral Veil, seems to have lasted most of the day. No acne or outbreaks. I'm going to give it some time and see if I end up liking Mac better, but so far it seems to be better for me than Nars, just based on color alone.

Edit: I've been using it awhile, always with a primer under, and no breakouts. I have to be careful applying or it looks cakey and fake, so a light hand is best, and I use a foundation brush, not fingers or sponge. I need to stipple it on my nose or I get big streaks. It rubs off fairly easily so I usually have to redo my nose at lunch, since I have allergies and use kleenex for a drippy nose in the spring/summer. I've mixed it with sunscreen to make a tinted moisturizer (I use the cheap Trader Joe's 30 SPF) and it worked out fine, and much cheaper than Laura Mercier! I'll continue getting this product, I really like it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I haven't broken out at all & I have the most sensitive skin EVER! I don't understand why people with dry skin are buying this product as it is meant to be a MATTIFYING product. You do not use matte products with dry skin. How hard is that to understand? Do your research before investing your money in high end products. As for this foundation, fantastic coverage. Not cakey. Not streaky. Perfect. I'll switch back & forth between SFF & RCS as both are wonderful.