Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 10/26/2016 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product doesn't give me outstanding or noticeable results like it says on the packaging. I bought it after I saw many people's review saying they saw obvious results from the first use.
I don't know if I'm mixing it wrong or something. I use 1 part clay powder to 1 part apple cider vinegar as recommended but the mixture still comes out as a clumpy texture. I use a plastic bowl and plastic mixing tool set that other reviewers suggested to buy with it because using metal destroys the properties in the clay (or something along those lines).
I keep it on for 15-20 mins and while it's drying I do feel that tingling, tightening sensation which makes me feel like, oh shit! the clay mask is working and actually doing something for my face, but after I've washed it off with warm water I feel like my face looks exactly the same as before I used it. I have an oily t-zone but my face is also quite dry. I don't know if the clay clears my pores or anything, my face is still just as oily, yet super dry the next day. I moisturise with an oil free product after each use. My face does feel super soft for a bit though!
I bought this product a couple months ago this year and I've been using it regularly once a week. I use it religiously just because I paid a lot for it and don't want to let it go to waste. The Indian Aztec Clay & the pure Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar came to quite a bit of ££'s you know.
After this finishes I will be looking for another clay that might be more helpful for my skin.

on 10/24/2016 6:21:00 PM

Er... really? I cannot say I share the enthusiasm. I used it twice and didn't see any improvement afterwards. Worse, my fine lines were deepened. I would like to give it time, as it is unfair to the product to comment after only two uses, however seeing my skin de-pumped and my fine lines enhanced, I find it really hard to convince myself to try it again.

on 10/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

You know, I think this is about the best beauty purchase I've made in a very long time (and the most cost-effective :P). I had seen many beauty bloggers raving about Aztec Secrets Indian Healing Clay for years, but I was finally done in when I came across it on an article about skin products everyone in their late twenties "needs" (not that this is by ANY means only for people in their late twenties, anyone can benefit from a deep pore cleanse). I put this into my Amazon shopping cart, and it was all history from there.

Wow. What a gem. The product itself is a gray powder that comes in a massive jar. For 1lb of product (which is a TON), I paid about $16 CAD. You have the option of either mixing the powder (which is all natural calcium bentonite clay. Simple as that) with either water or apple cider vinegar. I've only used it with ACV, as I've heard it creates a much better consistency than water...Not to mention ACV in itself has tons of skin benefits (aids in cell turnover, balances pH levels, kills bacteria etc). There are no specific measurements. Just use enough clay and ACV to create a thick paste. WARNING: Do not use a metal utensil to mix this, as the clay is charged and the metal interferes. I just use a wooden spoon.

Anyhow, after creating your mix (a messy, but worthwhile process), apply it to clean, damp skin. The jar suggests a 5-15 minute time-frame, and I find that 10 minutes works best for me. Just be careful and listen to your skin (be extra cautious if your skin is sensitive). This is NOT a mask you want to keep on any longer than suggested, as it can dry out and irritate the skin, which has happened to me.

However, when used correctly, this little guy is a lifesaver. It hardens on the face and you can literally feel it pulsating and "sucking" the gunk out of your pores. The first time I used this I literally could not believe how smooth and clean my face felt. You really don't realize how much dirt, sweat, makeup and general gunk are clogging your face until you clear it all out. And what's more? This will literally pull "hidden" pimples to the surface. So don't be surprised if you break out after using this for a few days, it's just all the gunk rising to the surface and being expelled, to reveal clear, healthy skin. Even my pesky nose blackheads had surfaced!

I had gotten to a point that my skin was so congested and clogged that I felt like my skincare products weren't even sinking in. They just sat on my face! Even regular exfoliation was't working, but this came through like a charm. After a treatment, your skin will literally drink up whatever products you apply afterwards. It's kind of amazing actually.

Anyhow, long story short, this is a Godsend and I will never be without it again. I don't use it all the time (and I would NOT suggest using it more than once per week), but when my skin feels clogged and congested, this is a miracle. The results are both instantaneous and cumulative overtime. I want to give a jar of this to everyone I know for Christmas. That's how strongly I feel about it. Funny isn't it? With the plethora of overpriced products that claim to reverse aging, revert your skin to an almost newborn state, and repair your credit, it's often the most simple, natural, and cheap products that work best.

5/5 and then some.

BTW- The only downside to speak of is how hard to come by this product seems to be. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and have never seen it in stores, so I have to order online. I'm not sure if it's even really sold in stores anywhere.....But truth me, it's well worth the wait to order online if you have to. If you struggle with clogged pores or just want a good old detoxifying face treatment, you're doing yourself a disservice by not getting this.

on 9/25/2016 6:02:00 PM

This is a MUST! MUST MUST MUST HAVE
I haven't tried so many clay masks because they mostly irritated and dried out my skin but i saw some good comments about this one so i wanted to try! and yaaaas!
My skin?
Dry/combo-sensitive-blackheads-some acne scarring
How I used?
*I mixed the product with a %100 natural apple cider vinegar,I put two spoonful of each product and mix them in a non-metal holder with a spoon.
*Next I apply it evenly, i prefer to use a foundation brush because its less messy
*You should wait for 5 min if u have sensitive skin / 15-20 for normal skin. i waited like 10 min
*Wash it off with warm water. And voilaa
After you remove the mask you will get some redness and nervousness in your skin but it gets better in 20 min.
*After mask i applied a skin oil (kiehls midnight recovery one) and a moisturizer(cetaphil)
I kept using the mask twice in a week for a month now
Results?
*My skin is brighter and smoother and definitely i got less blackheads and breakouts. I donno how but this thing has done quite a good job. I will continue using it
PROS:
Affordable
Can be used for multiple things(blackhead,acne, dull skin, scarring etc)
Large amount of product
All natural just clay
Not weird ingredients
Most importantly it actually WORKS!

CONS:
A bit painful while removing
Dries out the skin a bit(definitely use a moisturizer afterwards)
All in all,highly recommended. Because it's pretty cheap even if you are not gonna satisfy, there will be no problem at all!

on 9/23/2016 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Let's start with what this mask isn't; it's not a pamper mask, something to throw on when you want to have a relaxing time. It's not something you should put on if you want to snack on something while wearing the mask . Lastly, it's probably not a mask you should start your day with, or do right before you're planning to be out the door. Why? Because chances are you will look a little bit like a red panda when it washes off.

I will admit that the name of the product pared with the claim to be the "world's most powerful facial" made me want to roll my eyes at this product while reluctantly feeling intrigued by it. The slogan for the product is "feel your face pulsate", and the first two or three times I used it, I really did experience that! It was a little concerning and a lot cool. For some reason I didn't get such a reaction to it after the first few times (could my skin have gotten used to it?), but it still gets my blood pumping like nothing I've ever put on my face before. The first time I washed it off I was worried about the redness, thinking it was a bad reaction or signs of my skin being irritated. But the clear difference between my normally pale white skin on the areas where I hadn't put any mask and the areas that had been covered by the mask made me realise that wow, that's the blood circulation kicking in full force! Hence the panda look with pale skin around my eyes, and red all over the rest of the face. For this reason I like to do this mask in the evening. Turns out the red pandas pull off the look better than I do. I also like to do it before I hit the shower, since it can be a bit tricky to remove. By letting warm water and steam soften up the mask a bit you don't have to rub quite so hard to remove it.

In the beginning I just mixed the powder with water (rather than water + vinegar like the instruction suggests), and I found it hard to mix it into an even paste. There were clumps that I couldn't get to mix with the water that would sit weirdly on the skin when applied to the face. The first time I used a mix between water and apple cider vinegar I had to laugh at myself for trying all these different utensils and techniques in order to defeat those lumps - add a little vinegar and you'll have a chemical reaction (ish? Not a chemist!), some foaming going on and then you have a completely smooth and almost mousse like paste that easily spreads on the skin. I like to use a brush to apply the mask, more specifically a flat foundation brush from ecotools that I never use for its intended purpose anyway. Whatever you use, remember to not use any metal utensils as that alters the clay and makes it less effective.

After I've used this mask I like to put the most soothing face products I have on my face. I've never woken up with skin that is still red, and while I can't tell if it's thanks to that extra care, I figure it can't hurt either way.

I use this mask quite sparingly, and somewhat irregularly. I use it when my skin feels troubled, when I get these "not quite acne but surely something" type of stubborn bumps around my chin area, when my skin is going through some type of change, or when it's just breakout city. And somehow this just solves a lot of those problems! It's like your skin go through a deep cleanse with this mask, but without an awful purging phase where it has to get worse before it gets better. The first few times I used this I wasn't all that impressed with the results, especially after hearing all the rave about this product. It took me a while to get what the fuss was all about, but then it hit me; I think this mask's brilliance is just a lot more subtle than what I'm used to. It's not one of those flashy products that give you all these spectacular, eye-catching but temporary perks. It might not brighten and tighten (though physically it does, damn it feels tight when it's dried!) and color correct and a thousand different things - but it works on the basics. Getting impurities out and helping the skin out by increasing the blood circulation.

Personally I wouldn't use it more than two times a week, possibly just once a week. And if you have sensitive skin, I'd be careful with this to begin with. I do think it could work even on sensitive skin, but maybe be careful with the amount of vinegar you mix it with (could be a good idea to start out with more water than vinegar), try it out on the inside of your arm before your face and see how your skin reacts, do a thin layer the first time, don't leave it on for longer than 10 minutes etc. Just test the waters a bit.

+ Cruelty free
+ No weird, nasty chemicals or long ingredient lists - it's just clay
+ It says that it'll last you for 15 masks, which is just ridiculous. It'll last you way, WAY longer than that! I must've used it 15 times by now, and I accidentally make too large of a batch every single time, and I've not even gone through a third of the tub. Hence:
+ A really affordable product
+ It won't go bad anytime soon, since it's a dry powder product
+ Shortens the time it takes to heal out my hormonal or stress-related breakouts
+ Can be used for treating individual spots or specifically acne prone areas! Whenever I get these painful, almost cystic type of acne I like to mix a little powder and water in the palm of my hand and apply directly onto the area. The next day I can see a clear improvement and the time it takes to heal out is significantly shorter.
+ Can easily be tweaked to fit your skin's need. Apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, tumeric, tea tree oil, rose water.. The list goes on.

- Takes a little work to remove - you must let it soften with warm water before you can attempt to remove it
- I'm reaching here, but I guess it's a little bit painful when it's dried and it pulls your skin tight as f***

on 9/21/2016 7:02:00 PM

Before purchasing, I read a ton of reviews about the product and people said that their skin "pulsed" as the mask dried on their skin. They said that the pulsing was the skin literally pulling out the impurities within their pores while the clay dried on their face...

I didn't experience that pulsing sensation, but I could feel it drying up and really tightening my skin (much like wearing face paint). This was fun to wear because the mask tightened up so much that it (gently) pulled my lower eyelids down and my face appeared puckered as everything was pulled ...downward. Rinsing this mask off was a relief - my skin bounced right back to its proper place!

Here is a link to my FULL review on this product if you are interested.

on 9/9/2016 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this package off of amazon for around 7 dollars for a large jar. It is a green powder that you mix with liquid of your choice to make a mask. Here is my favorite recipe:

I mix one tablespoon of aztec with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a half a teaspoon of tumeric. If I happen to have acne I add in either a drop of tea tree oil or toner. You could also mix in rose water.

It foams up and you paint it on your face. The smell is not totally terrible but apple cider vinegar is strong. It will tighten ALOT as it dries. To the point where the mask cracks and you can't talk without moving your face.If you dont like that feeling I suggest moving your face a lot while it is setting so it cant lock in place. Sometimes it is extra strong and I can feel it pulsating (for me personally I take that as a sign it is working!) I leave it on until it is totally dry (usually a half an hour). Then I apply warm water to my face and let it loosen up the mask. DO NOT TRY TO WASH IT OFF WITHOUT SOFTENING IT WITH WATER FIRST! And do not peel it off. ouch ouch ouch. Then I wash it off. HERE'S the deal... I am fair skinned. I do not dilute the mix with water. After removing the mask, my face is as red as a tomato for at least an hour.

I try to do this mask once a week before bed. When I wake up my skin just looks and feels better. If used regularly it really does diminish dark spots, however, they do appear again after discontinuing. This mask is really really good. And amazing for the price. I dont find it too harsh (breaking capillaries or drying out my skin excessively.

If you have the opportunity to try this mask I highly recommend it. I did see some reviews on amazon where it seems to have bad reviews with some people. If you are worried, definitely spot check first.

on 9/3/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

oh my god. This face mask is hands down THE best. It literally feels like actual drugs. This intense pulsating feeling. Does not dry my face out or give me that tight feeling afterwards either. My face is so smooth, discoloration and redness faded. This mask is near and dear to my heart

on 8/30/2016 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great CHEAP clay mask for oily skin. I have used this since my teens. It is great to help with blackheads also. In my teens, I used this once a week. I don't use it that often any more. I'm approaching my 30s, and my skin is not as oily as before. If one day my skin feels too oily and looks too clogged, I use this. I never use it if my skin feels dehydrated, as that will only make things worse. Benonite clay has a highly alkaline pH that can be irritating to the skin. It is important to mix it with something that will lower the pH to a more skin-friendly level. You can mix it with ACV or Aloe Vera Juice, depending on your skin's sensitivity. It says on the instructions you can mix it with ACV or water, but don't follow the water advice. Water will not bring down the pH and will leave you with a clumpy mess. Make sure to mix the ACV or Aloe Vera Juice with a non-metal spoon in a non-metal bowl. When taking the mask off, do not rub. That will irritate your skin. Pat and repeatedly throw water onto your skin. It takes a minute, but it will come off.

on 9/1/2016 12:32:00 PM

Here is an important tip when using this product, you must NOT use metal spoons, or metal anything while mixing or scooping. When you do, you break down the ions. When you break down the ions, there is less "pulling power" and that means you are ruining the effectiveness of the mask.I see all these great reviews, rightfully so. But everyone fails to mention no metal.
Anyways, I have combination skin, I'm 32, I love this product. All though at first it broke me out a little around my chin, I kept telling myself that it was happening because it was working. I always use this mask with Mother Apple Cider Vinegar. It makes for a much smoother mask. You can use water, but you end up with a clumpy mask. Also, I use a brush to apply this to my face. As using fingers can get messy very quick. I leave it on for about 15 minutes (anything longer and it's drying) I then get in the shower and wet a face cloth. I press the face cloth against my face to re-dampen the mask. It wipes off WAY easier that way and if you try to take this mask off dry, you could make microscopic cuts in the skin, and scratches. You're way better off pressing and making it damp again. Then wipe.
When I'm done, I immediately apply Argon Oil to my face while it's still damp from the shower. I do this before I even towel dry myself bc I want all the moisture to be locked in. My face feels so smooth and healthy after this mask. It improves the dull look I get once and a while. Also it helps with the white/blackheads. Not to mention this tub will last you FOREVER. Good stuff. I never use any other mask now, other than this. Everyone I've recommended this to, has loved it also.