Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 7/22/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the Sunlight Finishing Dust. I LOVE IT.

I used BE Mineral Veil before trying this product. And I really do love it and find that it works just as well or better than the Mineral Veil. The dust is very finely milled and it doesn't take much to work. One of the better benefits is that this shade of the Finishing Dust is more forgiving [so I'm told] than the regular finishing dust and it doesn't turn my face chalky or anything. Yet it is very translucent.

It is a vital part of my makeup routine and I feel it helps with oil-control. If you do not have issues with corn starch I highly recommend this product. I tried the Silk Dust and I found that it emphasized my pores, where this powder did not. It is soft and cool to the touch.

on 7/16/2008 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This finishing dust really doesn't do anything for me. It's a very fine powder that easily turns into a cloud of dust if you're not careful. It doesn't control shine for very long and it doesn't minimize my pores. I was hoping it would do those things plus "set" my makeup but it really doesn't do that either. Of course I do live in the south so I'm not sure if anything really helps keeping your makeup intact down here. :) I think I will try another finishing powder because I really do love EDM!

on 7/9/2008 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oddly, this powder doesn't seem to do anything at all, which I find quite strange. It doesn't mattify at all, doesn't minimize the appearance of my pores, doesn't add coverage.....It's like putting air on your face, which feels nice, but serves no purpose at all. I give it a 2 because it doesn't break me out and doesn't oxidize.

on 6/30/2008 4:49:00 PM

It does nothing for my oily skin. The fact that after applying EDM foundation even my oily skin looks and feel dry, but it still gets oily afterwards, so I still need finishing loose powder on top but Finishing Dust doesn't help at any stage.

I'm now using Guerlain loose powder (yes I know it's not mineral powder but it helps my oily skin in this humid weather) and very pleased with it.

Will try Start To Finish powder...

on 6/30/2008 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This really finely milled powder did absolutely nothing about controlling the shine on my face. I had rather hoped it would keep me from getting shiney, but no. I had hoped it would make my makeup look better, but no. I had hoped it would do something, but no. I'm glad I only got a small size, since it didn't seem to have much effect at all. I'm hoping the start-to-finish powder does better for me. The is one of the few EM products I just really did not like.

on 6/2/2008 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I sampled this when I sampled a few Everyday Minerals foundation. Honestly I don't think it did a thing for me. It did not keep my oily skin matte for any longer than normal. It didn't make my foundation last longer than normal. Whatever this product is supposed to do, it didn't work for me.

on 5/22/2008 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Fantastic product! It smooths out your skin and controls oil reasonably well. Even though I do get oily after a few hours, my foundation stays on longer and the colour is much better. Boyfriend says my face is soo smooth when I wear this, hehe.
Edit: No comparison with MAC blot.

on 5/12/2008 8:29:00 PM

For me, this product did not control any oil.
Made my skin shinier and oiler than I've ever experienced.
I think it made me break out a little.
Won't repurchase.

on 5/10/2008 3:15:00 AM

This is my second favorite finishing powder. I prefer Ocean Mist's Silken Perfection. I like this product better in quality and price than Bare Escentuals mineral veil.

This is like the icing on the cake basically but for your face :) I love using this as a final touch on top of my EM foundation and EM concealer!