Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.6

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

This blush didn't really do it for me. The color is really pretty, but barely showed up:( I tried with several swipes too! For what I paid, I expected quality. Chanel has never let me down before, but this blush weren't worth the money. The square glossy compact is really lovely though and it's always nice to have a little Chanel in your bag.

on 11/19/2007 2:06:00 AM

Looks like I am the minority here as this blush did nothing for me :(
I have recently discovered the wonderful and expensive world of Chanel products, therefore I was so excited to receive this blush in a swap, especially since the reviews for it were high! I love blushes and have a pretty generous collection consisting of brands such as NARS, CARGO, Chanel, Dior, MAC, Lancome, and BB, and even though I love them all, this Chanel blush ~ Orchid Rose looked so "flat" and blah on my NC30 skintone. The compact itself is chic and elegant, but it's what's on the inside tha counts right? Well, the blush itself is so pretty as IMO it is a rosy/pinky color...I do not recall any shimmer to it. I generally use a MAC 187 brush for my blush application, but w/ my previous experience w/ Chanel blushes I used my MAC 168 brush instead as this blush was not highly pigmented...I had to build the color on my cheeks w/ at least 3 swipes and still it barely showed up. When I did finally get it to show up, it looked more "muddy" and very boring on me, but I added a layer of my Clinique Berries Shimmering Tones and it brought the blush to life...but why should I have to add the extra layer to make this blush wearable, after all it is Chanel? Overall, I do not like this blush, it is not pigmented, the color looked blah, and thankfully I received it in a swap as it would have been a waste of my $$...alot of it. I imagine it would look fab on lighter skintones, and it does wear all-day, so that is why I gave it 3 lippies overall...a very pretty blush... but not for me. I am in love w/ Chanel's Fantasia blush which is highly pigmented and livens up my face w/ no extra help :) I

on 9/23/2007 8:46:00 PM

(Pics further down in review) I am NW 20 with warm freckles, dark brown hair with a hint of auburn and dark brown eyes. This blush is pretty much the most perfect blush in the world. If I could only use one blush for the rest of my life, this would be it... and that comes from someone owning 50+ blushes (sad but true).
Orchid Rose (OR) is a pinkish nude blush. The picture below emphasizes the pink undertones more, it is a TAD more nude if applied more sheerly (depending on how much of your skin can shine through). you can wear it with nearly all kinds of colors. OR has very very very very very VERy fine microshimmer. But what makes it so special is the texture. It is so smooth that it creates some kind of wet look effect. Don't think dripping wet, think glowy and dewy and juicy. Or in other words: it gives you the deweyness without the gloopiness of some cream blushes.It is of course an optical illusion, since OR is powder after all.. but a powder whose surface reflects the light in a unique way. It is just very hard to describe but I hope the pictures capture it somewhat. Both turned out very close to what the shades look like in real life

Just one thing... just ingore the brush that comes with it. It is crappy beyond belief continued >>

on 9/15/2007 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WoWEEE! Looks kinda muddy in the compact, almost boring, you'd pass it up if you didn't know to look for it. The Ugly Duckling of blushes. But seriously: try it! It looks absolutely natural and beautiful on everyone. A lovely glow without glitter or sparkle - the elegant cheek Chanel is famous for. After I've tried all the latest and greatest I always come back to Orchid Rose and she never lets me down. Day or night, just the best color you can find. Could punch it up with a "pop" of a brighter color, a la Bobbie Brown, if you've a mind to. But if not, no worry, you'll be lookin good with this one.

on 8/22/2007 5:10:00 PM

I bought this on the recs of other mua'ers. I eagerly purchased this blush not really paying much attention to the 23GBP it cost me. Sheesh!!
I've used it a fair few times and defintely think that after daily use this is more of a summer blush. it's very warm on my PPP skin and maybe more of an evening colour as well.

All the same this blush is very pretty, i love the microshimmer in it that you can only see under certain lights. The blush is long lasting and very pigmented yet the blush is solid enough that it doesn't go onto my brush by the bucket load - pet hate.
I probably won't buy this again because it's just not THE blush i was looking for but it's a very pretty addition to the collection.

packaging wise it could be a bit less bulky but very stylish nonetheless. shame they put that crap brush in their - almost like an afterthought but i tossed it so who cares!

on 10/16/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color is absolutely beautiful!! Shows up on my fair face as a true, light rose - I cannot abide mauves or browns on my face, and this one does not have undertones of either that show up on my skin. Further, while I love a pink flush color on the sort of apples of my cheeks, I find those colors to be unworkable for the rest of my cheekbones -- essentially the part you see in profile -- and orchid rose brings out my bone structure beautifully. Only giving it four lippies, however, as it gives me tiny clogs where I've applied it - not huge breakouts, just tiny whiteheads that make me think twice before reaching for it. Still worth it, IMO, when I really want to look stunning.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

GORGEOUS. The actual color of this sorta belies the name, since this is neither very orchid-y nor rose-y, per se, but man, is it stunning. I imagine this would be the perfect wedding day blush for just about any bride. This makes me look radiant and glowing (I keep staring at myself every time I run to the ladies' room at work today, lol). Perfect.

on 8/8/2007 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a swap - I can't actually shell out that kind of dough for one (in a gazillion) blush for my collection but this is very special...it's a beautiful color in the pan - a very natural, complex, earthy pink with shimmer. Goes on a glowy peachy pink and is superpigmented...hard to describe the color but looks gorgeous with a tan. Lasts all day too! Lurve! NC30-37/MMM/Oily-combo.

EDIT: I loved this so much that I got three more *is a Chanel Blush convert*

EDIT:: I hadn't worn this for ages but I was looking to try some stuff in my stash - this is my favorite fall blush - warm terracotta rose. Goes great with some of my berry lippies.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Guh guh guh-gorgeous!! Another HG Chanel blush (other two are Tempting Beige and Mocha). This is beautiful for a fresh-faced, peachy, pinky flushed look. Classic. I wish I could describe the color for you more, but I really can't...it's kind of obscure-looking in the pan. Its definitely not bright or in-your-face at all, but its not muddy or drab either. It's natural and lovely. Please try this one and you will be amazed, I promise. Looks great on my warm skin, but I think it'd look fab on cooler tones as well. Slight shimmer, same outstanding Chanel quality. If you haven't tried any Chanel Joues Contraste blushes yet, man are you missing out! Worth 5 lippies all the way. Would I repurchase? Again and again.

on 6/22/2007 9:28:00 AM

Well, I don't normally buy ultra-expensive cosmetics. I believe great products can be found at reasonable prices. However, I recently purchased Chanel's powder foundation and had asked the Chanel saleswoman to put some blush on me also. She applied Orchid Rose, which I didn't want to buy after spending so much money on the foundation. But when I got into my car and looked at myself in day light, I realized that the color was absolutely the most natural blush color that I'd ever worn. I tried the new foundation for a few weeks, was very pleased with it and continued to experiment with all of my blushes to see if any of them gave me the results I had seen with orchid rose.
Alas, nothing was quite as natural looking, so I finally broke down and returned to the store to try Orchid Rose again. Sure enough, it was as good as I remembered, so I bought it. I really hate to spend so much money, but this blush is wonderful, and so easy to apply (but not with the silly brush in the compact).