Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

i tried this based on a recommendation from a friend who has dyed her hair multiple times & heat styles frequently. i have A LOT of hair, very thick & wavy. i blow dry maybe once every two weeks. i only had to use this once in conjunction with the conditioner to know that it wasn't what my hair wants/needs. within 24 hours of using this, my hair was greasy and limp. for my hair to be greasy after one day of washing is quite a feat as my hair is normally quite dry.
i had high hopes for this product but i don't think it's for me.
on a positive note, it smells fantastic and the scent lasts throughout the day.

on 9/3/2011 6:29:00 PM

Never before has a product made such dramatic difference as this. Before this I went silicone and sulfate free, but after a while that didn't work for me anymore. My hair started feeling coarse and greasy. So I walked in a random salon and asked them for the best shampoo they had and they recommended this. After washing with this once I already noticed a dramatic difference. My hair was just sooooo soft, smooth and shiney. People started commenting on how nice my hair looked too and the difference is very visible in photos as well (before & after k-pak).
I'm using this in conjunction with the conditioner but I think the shampoo makes the biggest difference. Once I went away for a weekend and only brought the shampoo, and my hair still looked amazing.
The biggest difference this product has made to my hair is unbelievable softness and shine. My frizz is greatly reduced. Like I said, I've never come across a single product that made such a dramatic difference, that includes non-hair beauty products!
Sometimes products work great for me at first but stop working for me after a while, but I've used up a whole bottle of this and it's still going strong. I've already repurchased the 1L bottle.
This shampoo does contain SLES, which is an ingredient I generally avoid in shampoo (and always avoid in skincare), but this shampoo has done 1000% more for my hair than any sulfate free shampoo ever did.
I find it to be very mild actually. Because of this I do let the shampoo soak in my hair for a minute or two before rinsing it out. If I don't do this my hair sometimes doesn't get completely clean. This mildness is a good thing in my opinion and after letting it soak in my hair is completely clean (I only wash my hair once each time).
I've let several of my friends try the shampoo and they are now hooked as well. My one friend never used to leave the house without flat ironing her hair and now she does.
Overall I think this is a fantastic product and I will gladly repurchase, even though I have to pay a lot more than it is sold for in the US since I live in Europe now and have to order online.
Update: I still love this product, but I can't use this every day anymore. The first couple of months my hair only started to get better with this (I suppose it was very damaged), but after that my hair started to feel a bit limp. I guess it had soaked up enough protein and was now saturated. I've since found out that for maintenance its best to use 1 protein treatment for every 3 moisturizing treatments. That's what I'm doing now and it works great. I still adore this shampoo and I will repurchase, but I now use it 1-2x a week instead of every day. The other days I use protein free hair products.

on 8/30/2011 10:05:00 PM

I bought Joico K-Pak after my hair was seriously dried out from using L'Oreal's Sulfate Free Shampoo in Rosemary Mint (STAY AWAY!). My hair was feeling like straw and really needed hair rehab, STAT. I actually wasn't familiar with the Joico brand (more into skincare, than haircare) but did a quick MUA product review search and read amazing reviews. Decided to try it out since I wasn't quite ready to shell out the money for Pureology.

LOVE the shampoo. After just the first wash, my hair immediately felt better. Richer, well moisturized (but not greasy), and softer. The results have continued over the past 2 weeks. Joico K-Pak is definitely the best shampoo I've found in this price range. Very happily surprised. I do wish it gave me a little more body, but my hair definitely feels better and I needed that.

ETA: It also smells fantastic. My husband loves it.

on 8/22/2011 12:20:00 AM

Had to stop using this after less than a week. Made my hair feel/look coarse and greasy... $40 bucks down the drain. It's smell is nice though.

Wow what a difference this shampoo/con. made in my hair.. I used too be a non believer in high- end shampoo products but now that I bleach my hair, they are a must. I have thick coarse hair too and this makes it feel amazing and soft. I've tried better smelling stuff, but this is still a great product for people who bleach or change up their colour a lot.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE IT! I'm Asian w/ thick, coarse hair. I swim laps regularly (about 3 times a week, a mile each time in the pool) in a chlorinated pool. About 2 years ago I didn't wear a swim cap while doing all those laps because the cap always felt too tight. Unfortunately my hair became so dry and the color was totally dull from the chlorine. JOICO KPak is SO GREAT that it restored my hair back to a great soft and bouncy texture. I LOVE IT!

My mom owns a hair salon and can get all the latest and greatest hair products. I've tried a bunch of different ones, but I ALWAYS go back to the JOICO line. If you've got coarse Asian hair like I do, JOICO is the BEST!!

on 7/22/2011 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this for only 30 dollars at Costco. It came in a set with something like 33 ounces of both the shampoo and conditioner, which is an AMAZING deal considering a normal smaller bottle of the shampoo alone sells for about 20 dollars at Ulta. It has lasted me a very long time, and I have been using this exclusively. After this bottle, though, I don't know that I'll repurchase, since I now know that it has parabens and also the fact that, by then, my hair won't really need to be 'reconstructed' since it is already a lot healthier now. However, I will continue to recommend this to anyone looking for a great reconstructing shampoo for their hair!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to get my hair in better shape as I dye it every 3 weeks (it grows 1inch in that time) so it is a little damaged, but using this in conjunction with the end repair, conditioner and daily protectant I have seen some promising results, it has been working nicely, but I do believe that using all the previous k-pak products along with this are helping the results, but over all I am happy and I think it smells quite nice too and the 1L pump bottle is great

on 5/11/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried this product on and off for awhile now since I bought big bottles. After try upon try I can definitely say I am disappointed in this product and will not use again! I have pretty Fine, thin hair, and this shampoo that's supposed to be made for damaged hair, always leaves my hair feeling dry at the ends and oily at the scalp.. My major issue with this shampoo though, is even though it says its color safe, it Never fails to fade my hair really really fast, which since I dye my hair a dark brown, Im not a fan of. Would not recommend this product.

on 4/13/2011 6:05:00 PM

I have over processed hair from all the bleaching I do to get it platinum blonde almost white, and this shampoo has saved my hair from falling out. It provides a suds free lather and helps my hair maintain its moisture. I use it in conjunction to my its a 10 hair mask and macademia oil mask.