NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]

NARS Creme Blush in Cactus Flower [DISCONTINUED]
NARS Cactus FlowerNARS Cactus FlowerPeachy Orange blushes (starts with Cactus Flower)

4.5

OCTYLDODECYL STEARATE ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SILICA DIMETHICONE C12-15 ALKYL LACTATE TRIBEHENIN POLYETHYLENE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE CANDELILLA CERA [EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX] COPERNICIA CERIFERA [COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX] OZOKERITE CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ISOPROPYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE) CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) CI 75470 (CARMINE) CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE)]

on 8/18/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I LOVE THIS! It is a gorgeous blush. This is my first nars product and I was a little hesitant in buying this blush because I am very pale, but I am soooo happy I got it because it's gorgeous! It looks a little scary in the pans, but on your cheeks it a very pretty poppy color with gold sparkles. It is a dream to blend. I use my ss187 for this and at first I tried stippling my brush into the product like I do with MAC ladyblush, but I didn't get any product. Then I ended up just swirling it in like I would a normal powder blush, and applied it. AMAZING. I would repurchase.

on 8/17/2010 6:37:00 AM

yes, yes, resounding yes. This is an AMAZING blush. I think everyone is a bit intimidated to see it in the packing. The name is accurate. It's a bold poppy red with strong looking shimmer. This is an absolute dream to apply to the apples of your cheeks and blend out. It transforms into a beautiful flush color and can build if you want drama on your cheeks. Absolutely buy this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my very first NARS item. I haven't purchased any NARS product since forever because it's really pricey (I live in Asia)! Got this from a swap. Anyways, lets go to the product review...

This blush looks really scary and red-orangey on the pan with a lot of shimmers in it. It comes in a small rectangualr case with suede-like packaging and has a mirror in it. Being a fan of all things matte, I was afraid to try this because of its shimmers! and being oily makes me wanna hate cream blushes! But I was wrong about my feeling towards Cactus Flower. It's creamy but when applied, it feels like a powder and blends like a dream! The shimmers aren't big, it's subtle and very gorgeous! My misconception ended when I applied it on my cheeks. I used a stippling brush to apply and stippled it lightly. Voila! A very nice glow!!! A little amount is enough for that healthy flush! I set it with my Ben Nye Luxury Visage Powder. It looks really natural on my skin! I would repurchase this product when it runs out and I MUST and SHOULD buy more NARS blushes! For reference, I am MAC C3.

on 7/9/2010 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

This is a great cream blush for us darker gals (I'm NC45). It gives a great pop of orange to the cheeks. The product is creamy but 'dry' to the touch and blend easily. The colour is a vibrant orange with gold sparkles. Makes cheeks look naturally flushed and glowy. I don't find that it stays on as well as powder blushes h/e so I set it with MAC Fix+ to maintain the dewy look. Very pricey in Aus though..$78! :(

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Nars Cactus Flower is one of my favorite cream blushes/shades. I have Olive/NC42 skin and when I put this on my cheeks, it gives me a pretty flush that looks healthy and natural. At first the golden shimmers are a little overbearing, but it doesnt take away from the great color that the shade gives your cheeks. To apply this, I apply the color onto my cheeks with my ring finger and then blend it out with a stippling brush. As with all Nars blushes, this is much pigmented and lasts all day. I worked a nine hour shift and when I went to look at my makeup at the end of the day, Cactus Flower had barely even begun to fade. Great blush that is well worth the steep price!

on 5/21/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this blush. It gives a glow like I've gotten just a little bit of sun on my cheeks. It is definitely my go to (in a hurry) blush.

on 3/22/2010 10:13:00 AM

I honestly never would have tried this color if it weren't for Lollipop26 talking about it on YouTube and her blog. I'm a sucker for her recommendations, haha. I was definitely scared of it in the pan, which is probably why I never paid any attention to it but once I heard her mention in, I sought it out and swatched it. It is simply gorgeous on. Gorgeous! It's such a lovely spring and summer color. I've heard some complain about the glitter, but I haven't found it to be a problem. I use such a tiny dab and get enough color and not too much glitter. I dab it on lightly with my fingers and then blend with a brush. It's such a nice flush and it just makes me happy! Haha. I would repurchase if I ever run out (which would take forever since I use such a teeny tiny amount each time) or if it starts to turn since it's a cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely incredible! I am extremely fair (always the most pale color offered by any cosmetics company, foundation-wise) and so I was naturally very hesitant about such a bright color. I was wrong. This color is just gorgeous on me- it's a very natural, what you would normally get when flushed color. It's just so incredibly flattering, and I honestly feel it could work on any skin tone or color- I'm very cool toned but this works beautifully on me. You can build it up from very sheer to very bright, it's all up to you. I truly feel this color couldn't look bad on anyone! A true HG for me, and I love the texture and application, it looks so real on you honestly wouldn't believe it was make-up!

on 4/2/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like others have said, it looks great on skin even though the color is shockingly bright. You can control the intensity and it looks really natural and healthy. Great consistency and color lasts. I just wish it didn't have the gold shimmer in it.

on 5/18/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a creme-to-powder blush, and I'm afraid of cremes drying out quickly, but this one still hasn't! The quality is excellent, it's creamy like a dream, smooth and stays smooth, and blends so well it melts into your skin and looks natural. On top of that, I love the color! It's fresh and floral (which sounds like I'm describing a fragrance, but if scents could be seen, this is how a fresh and floral scent would look like) and when I apply it to my cheeks it gives me a look of spring. It makes me look happy and awake and bubbling! I've heard people say they hate the gold shimmer, but the shimmer is pretty subtle on me. I suspect this is a difference due to cool or warm undertones. If you've got warm undertones, I don't think you'll mind the gold shimmer because it may look much more natural.