Murad Acne Complex

Murad Acne Complex

2.3

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 2/19/2010 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

AY YI YI

so much money for just irritation [the ingredients used are so harsh] and only some bumps will go away
not worth it
(\ /)
(^_^)
C(")(")

on 2/18/2010 12:44:00 PM

I bought this kit hopefully after I had reviewed the comments from people usinng this kit. But I will nnot never and ever belive the comments of the official site of a product. Even though I have succesfully used the products and used sunscreen everyday as suggested , I couldnt see ANY IMPROVEMENT. The bad thing is that My SKIN GOT WORSE having red patches , and acnes and the irritation. I have used the kit for about 1.5 months , I had to cease using it. I have oily skin , but the kit made my skin dry causing red scars left behind the avcnes.

on 2/15/2010 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

I used the system faithfully for at least three months. I saw no improvement, and the sulfur in one of the treatments was so strong that I couldn't wear it during the day, when my skin was oily. I continued to use it until it started to irritate my skin. The only plus that it makes skin feel very clean.

I am reviewing the Murad Acne Complex kit. These products made my skin so much worse!! I am aware of the "purging period" but that is supposed to subside. For me, it didn't. It gave me cystic acne, also, which was horrible. Within a week after stopping this product, my skin got alot better. I'm glad it works for some people and because of this, everyone should try it but for me, never again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was terrified by the results of this acne complex kit. I used the cleanser, treatment gel, moisturizer, and spot treatment faithfully for a week before my skin broke out with little white heads all over combined with red, hot, itchy, flaky skin. All this because I wanted consistent clear skin aside from my occasional pimples.

It took over 6 months and lots of dermatologist appointments before it completely healed. I have never had such a reaction from any other acne products and never have I felt so strongly against a product. Even after my face healed, it is now left more sensitive than it used to be and I have to be very careful with what I use.

Please research carefully before you decide to try this product as I would hate to see anyone else's skin ruined by this product.

I like the way this cleans my skin, but it didn't exactly do what I thought It would. After a few weeks my acne cleared up a little bit and i thought it would continue working. However, it just will not get rid of the pimples on my cheeks. My forehead and chin are clear for the most part now , with occasional breakouts. If i need it on my chin and forehead I would buy it again, unless I find something that works better on my whole face.

on 9/29/2009 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a month and I am just starting to see some good results!! Let me give you a brief skin bio...I have oily skin that usually behave then I started to have the occasional break out ( stress from school?!?!) and it left me with a small case of acne on my cheecks. I went to sephora and the rep recommended MURAD and she said that I should results in two weeks. Two weeks later and I saw nothing! I was so upset that I was about to return the product (bc of the great return policy they have at Sephora). However I stuck with it and I am glad that I did because now a month later my skin looks so much better.
Some say that this regimen dried their skin out..well I have oily skin so I didn't notice that problem at all. The exfolliating gel does make my skin itch but it has made so many of my acne scars fade away and then finally disapear that I don't mind putting up with a little itch (on my face lol)

I would deffinately say give this product a try, if in doubt get from Sephora and that way if you don't like it you can always return it for something else.

I have been using this for almost two weeks. I know, the instructions say to give it a month, but abrupt halt of usage is called for at this time.
This system did flatten the acne on the sides of my face and allow it some time to fade, but I started breaking out closer to my mouth and on my forehead. In addition, the skin around my mouth and on the sides of my face makes me feel like Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's so horribly dry and lookswrinkly and cracked. No amount of moisturizer will keep it smooth! On some days, I even look like I have a fuzzy white beard sprouting. My skin is just really irritated (and sometimes it hurts!). Overall, sometimes I feel like I'm overreacting, but I don't know. I dread having to wash and treat my face now. It's like a torture device.
The only product in this array that I might recommend is the sulfur treatment. Very effective natural antibacterial spot treatment for some people.

EDIT: Two or three days after I wrote this review, I noticed that my cystic acne under my cheeks had started to fade and flatten. The discolorations began to flake off with new skin growth. Just today, I noticed that the dry patches began to be less significant. I started using this system only on my trouble spots and it works. It just takes a couple of weeks and it can cause some short-lived discomfort, but it is effective. It's not a perfect system because I still get occasional zits, but they're not severe and easily treated with a quick spot wash and some of the sulfer treatment.

EDIT: Today is 12/14/09 and it's been months. Just before I even ran out of this product, my acne came back for revenge. It got just as bad as before I used Murad. I had to go on some antiibiotics and that cleared it up for the month that I took them, but after they were gone, it came back again right away. I'm still searching for better skin, sadly.

on 9/3/2009 6:11:00 PM

I used to use Pro-Activ to clear my pimples when I was a teen and it worked really well for me..so well that I discontinued using it. Fast forward to my college years. I moved to a different city and stress was making me break out bad so I decided to go the Pro-Activ route again...and it didn't work. It was like, I had become immune to it or something. Wanting better results, I bought a Murad's starter kit at Sephora. I was so excited to try this thinking that if Pro Activ didn't work again, Murad's surely would. Well I was WRONG.

Murad's is the WORST THING I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY FACE!! I regret using it to this day. It is over a year later and I still suffer from breakouts of a different degree than I had before I ever used Murad's. First I started breaking out in HUGE pimples on my forehead. I NEVER broke out on my forehead before. I kept using the products though b/c I thought this was just the "purging" phase. WRONG AGAIN. Although the forehead zits went away, I started breaking out HORRIBLY on my cheeks (along my cheekbone) and temples with CYSTIC acne! I never in my LIFE had a cyst before I used Murad's! This stuff just wreaked havoc on my face and I think it is still trying to recover from using this crap! This all happened within 2 months of use btw!

Many of the stories and reviews I have read about Murad's (after using it of course) seem eerily similar to mine. Especially with the amount of people saying it broke them out in cystic acne as well. My 2 cent on this products is to STAY FAR, FAR AWAY! I wish I had never used Murad's and I'm sure my face would look a lot different today if I hadn't!

on 1/19/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

*sigh*. I wanted this system to work. What I learned: don't listen to the saleslady at Sephora, and pay attention to past experience. I used the whole system together, then each of the components alone for a while to see if they were any good.
The facewash is useless. It has menthol in it, to make it smell medicinal and feel like it works, but it doesn't. Skin feels dry without looking clean, and it doesn't remove makeup.
The gel toner stuff seems to be the most effective product. For some reason it absorbs so fast that you have to keep squeezing out more just to cover your face. It's really hard to get the product out of the bottle. It feels very drying, but did have some effect on clarity and pimples. None whatsoever on clogged pores. It has since been conclusively equaled in not beaten by (drumroll please): lemon juice. From a lemon. $.79.
The sulfur spot treatment feels tingly when I put it on, but I can't tell if it does anything. It doesn't cause the skin to peel off in layers like benzoyl peroxide., but it doesn't halt the progression of the zit like B.P. either.
The lotion has a funny filmy feel, and I just don't see the point of using lotion without SPF. At night, sure, but I'm not a teenager, along with most of Murad's target audience, and I'd prefer to use a night lotion that really does something.
The one thing I liked about this kit is that the toner gel seems to really help the mess on my shoulders, of all things. If you must use Murad, just get the toner.
I probably wouldn't sound so snippy if I didn't feel so shortchanged by the high price tag.

Popular Face Skincare Products