bareMinerals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.5

on 7/12/2007 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I just found my HG finishing powder! I wish I bought Mineral Veil before all of the other, loose powders I've wasted money on over the years! MV keeps my face matt better and longer than any other powder I've used, and it makes my skin look poreless! I like this better than MAC Blot Powder (pressed & loose), Make Up Forever Duo Mat (pressed), and Laura Mercier Translucent (pressed). The others are good, but they don't keep the oilies away as long as Mineral Veil does for me. And I will admit- Mineral Veil works best for me when worn as a setting powder over a liquid foundation. Used over a powder foundation... it doesn't perform for me as well. When I used this over a pressed powder foundation... Mineral Veil did keep the shine away, but it didn't give me the same, poreless finish. I think this really works best over liquid foundation (my preference), and I will definitely repurchase (if I drop this in the sink or use the whole thing up). :o)

I am not all that impressed with this. It is a very basic, but nicely milled loose powder. You could wear it alone to stop shine, but it won't cover anything. I tried using it over the foundation and couldn't see a big difference; it only added to the masky effect I get from BE foundation.

on 3/27/2007 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

what exactly is the purpose of this stuff? i don't see much of a difference between this and the #1 concealer except that it is a slightly lighter color. it didn't make my poors invisible and was just like another light concealer. i use #1 and i swear there is no difference. shine reducer? i don't know, but buy one or the other.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i live in the Deep South where it stays very hot and humid here all year round. I find this powder to work great at keeping my makeup looking fresh for a very long period of time. I do not apply this to my face with any of the Bare Minerals brushes, like I used to do. I used to sweep it on my face powder, like is shown for the tutorials on this stuff. But, what I have found is what works best for me is for me to use my E.L.F. studio Blush brush and and dip it into the powder, and then press it in my skin. It works perfect to mattify down the dewy glow that one gets with the Original Loose Powder Foundation, which is what I happen to like the most out of all of the other Bare Minersls foundations that I have tried thus far, and that I definitely plan yo keep re-purchasing over and over for sure.

By the way, I do have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin, and I suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face. I have not experienced any issues with this product clogging my pores and causing excessive breakouts got me. And, I have never experienced this powder heavily accentuating my dry skin either. It just morphs into my skin and looks natural.

on 12/28/2006 1:01:00 AM

Really love this stuff, even bought the (overpriced IMHO) compact for my purse. Hate how large the compact is, LOVE the super little fan brush. It gets the powder in just the right places-sweeps across the forhead and nose and gets into the creases around the nose and chin.

It is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. It lasts me almost a year. (I don't have really oily skin, just tzone)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good setting powder. It doesn't really add color, and if you apply it sparingly, it looks nice as a light dusting. It helps absorb oil as I think it has cornstarch in it.

Overall, it is a good product to apply over MMU.

this is great for mattifying oily skin. I use it to set Maybelline Pure Oil Free Foundation when I want a natural look. It's more pricey than other translucents, but the texture is so fine and silky! One thing I dislike in regards to the packaging is that the "sifting" holes are too big for such a fine powder. I will continue to purchase this to use as a setting powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My skintype: on my notepad.
I really like this loose powder. While most people use it as a finish-off over the BE foundations I wear it alone.
It gives a polished and slight glowy look. Perfect for a natural look or too tone down a shiney sunscreen. The trick is to use minimal so it doesn't get cakey.
I take off 2 lippies because I feel it doesn't give enough coverage to hide
little acne scars or to even out skintone.

on 8/8/2006 4:04:00 PM

I can't comment on how this works with their foundation because I don't use that, but I can say that it does work very well for me as a nice mattifying powder. Most days I apply moisturizer and use this and go without foundation. It controls oiliness and doesn't cake like a lot of loose powders I've used. Doesn't settle into fine lines, and overall just makes your skin look a degree nicer but in a very natural way.

I finished a pot I received for Christmas, but would not purchase this again - at least not in the summer anyway. I'm so shiny mid-day that I might as well use nothing at all in the morning. I really did like BE there for a while, but maybe it's just a winter thing.