MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

4.5

on 5/21/2004 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was an impulse buy! The intensity of the shimmer reminds me of Chanel glossimers, but for the fraction of the price! (12.50 USD) Decorative looks a lovely plummy shade on my C6 skintone, and sheer enough for summer.

on 5/21/2004 4:32:00 AM

I love these new lustreglasses they have a better feel than the regular mac lipglasses. No stickiness and I think it may have some vitamin E..because it's not as drying as the lip glass is. I also love this color...it reminds me of a color that Summer on "The O.C." would wear..I love that show! Anyways the color is a dark sheer berry with shimmer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

colurings: asian MAC NC30-35 with fairly pigmented lips

wow! i LOVE this new gloss! good job MAC! i absolutely adore the texture! It has a very sheer smooth glossy texture. It isn't sticky like the lip glasses.

As for the color it reminds me of the l/s in desire..It is a deep berry burgandy with the slightest tinge of purple. It looks absolutely fabulous on me! i LOVE IT! :)

on 5/9/2004 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Really like this colour. In the tube, it's a darkish plum with shimmer, but it goes on a gorgeous sheer rosey plum. Finally a plum lip colour that doesn't go fuchsia on me! Also really nice over a nude pink liner like Chanel Nude. And I do really like the formula of the new Lustreglass, much lighter and less thick and sticky than regular lipglass.

This is the most pigmented of the lustreglasses, IMO. It is almost identical in color to Bazaarish, but much more sheer of course. Beautiful berry with purple tones, and some shimmer (but not as much as many of the other lustreglasses). It has enough pigment that I find myself wearing it fairly thinly, and it also lasts longer than the others, probably again due to the stronger color. Wears more like a regular lipglass on me. I don't know if you'd actually need both Bazaarish and Decorative if you have one- they're that close in color, at least if you like Bazaarish sheered out rather than thickly applied.

I recently bought myself a Lustreglass in Decorative - wow what a beautiful color.
Not only does it leave your lips shiny and pouty, it gives them the most georgeous just bitten berried color ever.
In the tube the color comes across as a dark purple with some shimmer, but on your lips it's a whole new ballgame. Totally just juicy and pouty and beautiful.
I'm not a huge fan of the brush tip applicator, I'm more fond of the doe foot sponge applicator, but for this gloss I'll sacrifice.

Highly reccomend - if you are looking for a ripe juicy mouth - this gloss is for you.

on 5/2/2004 4:00:00 PM

First off, LOVE the brush on this. I was never a fan of the sponge tips on the Lipglasses. The colour is also great, much more sheer and wearable for most people than it might be assumed from the tube, from which it appears to be a dark purpleish red. On the lips, Decorative is a clearish, sparkly rose that catches the light and looks romantic and urban at the same time. Oh... and let's not forget the texture, which is silky and light. All in all, I'm loving these new Lustreglasses! ***EDIT*** Okay, I was wrong... the brush sucks and the entire tube is contantly getting leaky and sticky. I still like the colour though, but, I don't think I will be purchasing another Lustreglass.

on 5/9/2004 12:50:00 PM

I'm really torn on what rating I should give this product. The color is BEAUTIFUL (deep red / purple)! Exactly the color I've been looking for. So, for looks of the gloss, I give it a 5.
The problem with this product, at least on my lips, is that it wouldn't stay put. It seemed to slide right off of my lips, and bleed onto my face. I've never had this problem with a gloss before. I was wearing a liner, and this gloss marched right over that, and settled around my mouth. I wasn't eating, talking, or doing anything weird, but 5 minutes after I applied it, it had all moved around on my face. Normally, I'm pretty good with gloss too, I don't loose it when I eat food or drink something, so this migrating gloss was really out of the norm for me. For wear ability I give it a 1.
That plus the 5 I gave it for looks averages out to the 3 rating I gave the gloss overall. I guess if you can get past the slimy texture this has and if it stays put on your lips, then it's great. Just beware this might slide around your face. continued >>

A very nice berry sort of colour. It looks much darker in the tube than it does when applied. It's quite sheer and subtle and has a really nice texture. I also like the brush applicator better than the stick that comes with the lipglasses. I would buy this again.