Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

3.5

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so sad when sebastian colourshines got discontinued. I had a horrible experience with my hair getting overprocessed and dried out from permanent haircolor a couple of years ago and had been using colourshines while growing it out because of the no ammonia, no peroxide thing. And although I loved how conditioning colourshines was, it was a pain to use because you really had to use heat with it which seemed to make it more labor and time intensive. And I had to mix a few colors to get the right aubern/red shade I wanted.

I just tried Clairol's Beautiful Collection for the first time last week (Rosewood) and it gave me the nearly perfect shade of medium dark auburn, was totally easy, no heat or mixing required, and seems to last as long as colourshines. And it's cheap at about $5 a bottle. Yay!!! It doesn't give as much shine or softness as colourshines, but since it is easier, that's ok with me. I took one lippie off because I too had the waxy hair thing after coloring, but I'm going to try shampooing right after coloring next time to try to avoid that.

Update: The waxy feeling after coloring has made this just not worth the trouble of using. It usually takes two shampoos for my hair to act normal again. BUT...I'm so excited because Sebastian is selling Cellophanes again! I just used it yesterday, and the color is beautiful (I mix the red red and red brunette together for a really nice auburn color), and my hair feels healthy and looks shiny. So glad they brought this product back!

I have tried this product and I loved it. As I am always scared of using permanent dye in my hair, this is just what I wanted. Very easy to use, smells really nice, doesn't make a mess in the bathroom and leaves the hair silky and shiny. Besides as it washes away after a decent amount of time, I can always try other colours which makes it fun to use. What else could I ask for? I'll definitely go for more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my second time using this product, the first was honey brown and it turned my hair green. That time I did wash my hair prior to applying the product. It left a washy residue behind. Since my hair was green a week later I decided to try it again. I purchased this in 14k Gold this time.... I didn't wash my hair prior but I did dampen my hair and then applied it all over and coved it with a shower cap for 25 minutes. I love it! It didn't deposit a lot of color to my light brown hair but it did give it a pop with tons of shine and the green was gone. I will continue to use this product, probaly every two weeks because I don't think it will last that long. The price is cheap and I think it works better if you don't wash it before using it.

i just put it in today but it left my hair really really shinnneeeeyyyyy. i used it cuz i had some really bleached high lights on my dark hair that i wanted toned down to light brown.. so i used a honey brown color..its a little darker than expected but i feel like it didnt damage my hair at alllll... i agree it was a bit waxxyy when i rinsed it out, but after one quick shampoo and condition it was just fine and feels great! lets see how long it lasts! if it lasts long i will definately buy this product again because i loved the color and the feel!

Absolutely LOVE this product. I think it gives me the same quality if not better than a salon. I've used the honey brown several times and I just love it. tones down a lot of the red in my hair and just lives a rich brown. I wished it lasted a little longer, but for the price and ease you can't beat it!!

washed out of my hair in about 2-3, which was good, cuz i didn't like the color anyway (it actually when the color pictured on the bottle, which impressed me) . i did just what the directions said to do, shampoo leave it in for 25 min (i may have left it in 5 mins longer though) and rinsed. the color i used was close to the color of my hair (my highlights anyway). i did notice my hair felt a bit "waxy" as i was rinsing out the color, and i think it did weigh down my natural curls a bit, i won't use that exact color (champagne), but i may try other colors in the line, just for fun, as it does wash out in just one shampooing for me(though i know nothing too much darker will wash out as fast). more likely i'll try the other lines at sally's first.

I have never been so furiously dissatisfied with a product as I am with this innocuous little five dollar bottle. I will go back to regular drugstore kits or professional jobs for good after this. I don't know what happened, because so many of the reviews here are positive and so many people surely can't be wrong but after applying this stuff (in Rosewood, if that matters) to my shampooed, towel-dried hair and leaving for 25 minutes under a shower cap, I had nothing more than a head covered in red wax that refused to come off. I rinsed for 30 minutes in the shower, trying to get the blood-red stuff to come out, but in the end the horrible deposit remained. It was like I had melted a candle on my head. Of course, no amount of water will remove wax. I got out and dried it, thinking some melting miracle might occur, but it only became dry wax. I could twist my hair into outlandish positions even though it was completely dry, but that wasn't exactly what I was going for. So in desperation I shampooed it three times, and still it had only slightly improved. My hair refused to dry naturally, it was so covered in crap. And what's more, after shampooing, only a trace of color remained - just the trusty ol' gunk. I think my hair is actually less red than before. I ran my fingers through my hair and they had this ridiculous waxy sheen to them. I had a nightmarish vision of being transformed into a human-shaped votive. In the end, I spent 3 hours trying to get it out and I still feel like my head has been lightly brushed in Crisco. Hmm, maybe I'll go stick my head in the oven until it's a golden brown. Or attach a wick to my forehead and enter a school play. Oh, what did I do to deserve this horrible helmet? And what's more, my once-healthy scalp is itching. Next I will be breaking out in sores and my house will burn down. Do a strand test, or stay away. Augh!!

wow! i just used this about 3 days ago and its awesome. i didnt use rubber gloves (durrr.. im a big moron!) and it kinda stained my hands and nails a little (but thats my fault) i have very very very damaged frizzzy hair from bleaching over and over and over again that im working on growing out. i dyed my hair bark brown(natural color) over the platinum blonde (had it professionally done) and of course it faded A LOT (but what else can you expect over porous blonde hair) so i got it professionally done again and it was VERY dark and shiney and beautiful. then over about 3-4 months my hair faded again it almost looked orange. so i went to sally's originally to buy colorshines in a dark brown to darken and gloss up my hair, but they didnt have it and the lady showed me this product. i figured i'd try it because my anything would look better than the way it was. i purchased it in darkest brown. i washed my hair applied it(got it everywhere!) left it on my hair for 30 minutes with a shower cap. rinsed, conditioned blew it out and it looked amazing! VERY glossy and rich dark brown! i showed my mother and she said that she hasnt seen my hair look this healthy and shiney (and rich) in years since ive destroyed my hair! she was really impressed- shes thinking of trying it out too in a lighter brown. i bought 3 bottles and ill definately be using it again!! fantastic results for the price, but im still tempted to try out the sebastian colourshines (anyone have any experiance with that?)

Eyes: Violet

I decided to try this out after my hair turned to straw from Radiance Colorgloss. I used the Cedar Red Brown shade over already red brown hair, and it turned out lovely. I used it straight on dry hair and then blow dried it for a while. It's been two weeks, and the red still seems to be there. What impressed me was the silkiness of my hair following the treatment. There was no dryness whatsoever, and the texture was excellent. Perhaps the absence of peroxide and ammonia make for a gentler product. Of course, the trade-off is that Beautiful is not strong enough to truly cover grey or serious roots. But if you want to give a nice vibrance to your color without destroying your hair you should definitely look into this product. We'll see how long it lasts...

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a ridiculously black dye to enhance my natural black color and WOW. This certainly did the trick. My hair is extremely black and shiny. I washed my hair first (per the instructions) and then put the dye on (no conditioner). After leaving it on for 30 mins with a plastic cap, I rinsed it and used Pantene's new Midnight Expressions conditioner and Beyond the Zone's Hemp Conditioner, mixed with olive oil. The results are glorious, LOL. It wasn't drying at all (normally a problem with dyes), nor did my hair feel webby.

Highly recommended for anyone who wants to go extremely black.