Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1916 reviews

on 11/22/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm one of the people that hates this scent as well. It's way too sweet and strong. Instead of compliments, I get comments. Not, "Oh, you smell nice", or "What are you wearing?", but "Oh, wow, somebody smells sweet", or, "Man, somebody's wearing vanilla today". It's embarrassing. I've worn some strong scents in the past, and this is the only one that makes people passive aggressively comment. I've tried lightly wearing it, but it still just overpowers my body.

Pink Sugar is my guilty pleasure. I absolutely LOVE this perfume! It is such a fun fragrance, it puts me in such a great mood whenever I wear it. Cotton candy, vanilla, caramel & licorice.....yummy! Excellent staying power and sillage.

To all you people complaining this is a childish perfume, you need to lighten up! Its just a perfume for godsake. We don't all want to smell like bloody Youth Dew!

on 2/3/2013 12:44:00 PM

Plain and simple I've used this for years and I have no plans on stopping. I get tons of compliments on it, and the hubby loves it. The scent is not too sweet at all. My fave fragance!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a total girly girl and I love sweet gourmand scents especially anything vanilla or coconut. I really wanted to love this perfume. The first time I tried this I definitely smelled the licorice but then it dries down to a sweet delicious vanilla cotton candy scent.

Afterwards I went over to my boyfriend's sister and brother-in-laws'. My boyfriend's sister is not someone I would expect to love this scent(she's more of a Chanel girl) but when I went to hug her goodbye, she literally would not let go. She begged to know what I was wearing and said it was the most delicious scent she's ever smelled. You will definitely get reactions from people with this....like a pandemonium! Every time I wear this I get stopped by people, and cuddled and hugged.

I like this scent, but not so much as other people do. This is just too cloying for me, it's yummy but it's a bit too much on me. This smells the best at the end of the day.

on 2/15/2012 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Notes; Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

This fragrance reminds me of a carnival.Not a playful happy carnivalwhere cotton candy is passed around and kids are smiling with rosy cheeks.The carnival that is humid,bustling and parents and kids are pushing people to get out of the way to get to the rides.The one were you will nearly get trampled on to get on the dodgems,and the one that gives you a headache and you can't wait to get out!

For my first impression a quite spritz of this is not only me regretting spraying it,but also (artificial) strawberry,cotton candy and ice cream sundae sauce.It is an overload of sugar and it quickly changes to homebaked cookies (so beautiful, but doesn't last long.) and then lemon sugar cookies.The lemon sugar cookies turn out to have no lemon at all,and more 80% caramel and 20% sugar.So basically a thick paste of caramel and sugar spilling out for start to finish.For me its too sweet for anything like if you go to school,or if you got to work.Its too distracting on me,and a little too sickly sweet.Its just very kiddish on my skin and quite like a caramel-sugarry body splash.

Having said that,most people love it including teens,kids and adults.I have smelt it on others and it smells way nicer! It depends on the acidicy of your skin.The bottle is just beautiful too,and I really thought it would be over the top bottle but It's actually not and I really like the bottle.It reminds me of somebody ribbon dancing because theres like a ribbon picture of the top.(I bet its made out of sugar.)

You should defiently smell this if you are even interested slightly.Or even if you're not because you can see here its a mixed bag of reviews and it just depends on yourself.

Thanks for reading (:

on 10/25/2011 10:53:00 PM

Oh my goodness. This perfume is amazing. It smells so sweet its intoxicating. Whenever I put this on, I get compliments from SO MANY PEOPLE.

I walked into the office to drop off the attendance one day and the person working at the counter asked me if I was eating marshmallows and I said no and maybe it was my fragrance. She complimented me on it and immediately asked me to jot down the name of the fragrance.

So there's this cute boy in my History class, I put this on one day and he was sitting beside me for a project. He was all like "Who smells like cookies?" and then he leaned in closer to me and was like "You smell like cookies... That's such a turn on... mmm" And he kept coming closer to m and trying to sniff me.
GIRLS, IF YOU WANT TO BE A GUY MAGNET, THIS STUFF WORKS.

It starts off as like a cotton candy scent, then maybe a marshmallow scent then a sugar cookie scent. EITIHER WAY IT'S SIMPLY DELICIOUS.

I think this perfume is great to use during Winter and Summer because it's so sweet and it delightfully contrasts the bitter cold Winter here in Canada, and the cotton candy smell is just perfect for Summer.

Loves it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One word: NAUSEA!
It smells like cotton candy, vanilla, burnt plastic and alcohol mixed together. So sweet it'll burn your insides. It evokes bubble gum, Britney Spears, and overly happy clowns- so peppy that they're actually pretty scary. It is the king of vile vanillary scents. I don't even use this kind of extreme language, but this perfume was worth my effort- I'm sick of cringing silently. Only prepubescent girls have any business wearing this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really love Pink Sugar. I didn't at first, because although I do like sweet, seductive scents, this one was a little over the top for me. I recently turned 40 and I figured I just really don't need to go around smelling like cupcakes and cotton candy, which is what it smelled like to me, on other people.

It seems however, that I have some kind of weird chemistry with this scent. I didn't realize it until I squirted some on my wrist in Ulta on a whim. I get the typically sweet notes but I also get a citrusy fruity note that keeps it from being too cloying. It's almost fresh smelling. Weird. I don't wear it terribly often...mostly when I'm feeling young and flirty...but it's nice to have in my fragrance wardrobe when I'm in the mood for something different. I thought it was a nice novely, but didn't expect to purchase it again. However, I'm almost out, and finding that I'm sad to see the end of it. I think I'm going to have to have more.

Sometimes it pays to try a fragrance that you might not otherwise have chosen for yourself. I've been suprised several times that way.

on 10/29/2009 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I hate this fragrance. I was expecting a nice sugar cotton candy scent, but to me, Pink Sugar smells like pepper, licorice and 2 grains of sugar. It's absolutly vile, and it's not just my body chemistry making it smell this way - smelling it from the bottle and on a piece of paper, it smells exactly the same way.

on 7/10/2007 7:56:00 PM

Hello, my name is J, I'm in my mid-twenties, somewhat past my teenybopper phase. . .and I quite like Pink Sugar. So many women seem to view their fondness for this fragrance as a dirty secret, it's kind of funny. Even the SA at Sephora was embarrassed to admit that she wears it! No, it's not the most sophisticated fragrance I've ever worn, but so what? It's fun, it's sweet, it's cozy and comforting yet still light, and it makes me smile. On me, Pink Sugar is all sugared fruit (maybe with a splash of liqueur) for a couple hours before settling into a lovely sweet, slightly musky drydown. I agree with the reviewers that say this fragrance is for anyone of any age craving a simply sweet, happy, casual, and (dare I say) "cute" scent. Honestly, what fun is it to be so grown up and sophisticated that we can't enjoy a sweet treat once in a while?

Popular Fragrances