INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat

INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
INM - Out the Door Fast Drying Top CoatINM Out the Door Top CoatINM out the door

Ehtyl Acetate, SD Alcohol 40B (Alcohol Denat.), Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Cocpolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Disobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Tripenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone 1, Dimethyl Polysiloxane, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 5/24/2013 7:55:00 AM

I'll have to agree with the others on this one. I've tried lots of quick dry top coats-Seche Vite, Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat, OPI and a couple of others but this is my favorite. It dries fast enough to still be a fast dry but goes on more evenly and doesn't shrink-- my biggest complaint with Seche Vite. I bought this one at Wal Mart and the price was right. I'll definately re-purchase.

Thought this would make a good seche substitute. Boy, was I wrong. First of all, the polish is much thinner than SV, so if you are applying it over glitters you need a few coats for a smooth, shiny look. It's definitely less glossy. The worst part about this polish is that it makes the colours streak, so if you are planning to use it on top of an intricate multi-colour design, don't bother because the polishes will bleed. At least it dries quickly, I guess.

Bought this in a cheap beauty supplies store in the u.s. (I love to have a look to see if I can pick up any non u.k. gems,) and this is a gem. As soon as I got home and used it I was checking on eBay if I could buy it as was sure it wasn't sold over here.

I really need my mani to dry quick as i do my nails once a week in the evening and very often wake up with sheet marks, this dries super fast and is tough!

Yes, after about 4 days it starts to wear away at the edges but that's fine; so do all the others, love the dry speed and glossiness. Will deffo buy again!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This top coat is only ok. It does not dry rapidly. The finish is glossy, but not the glossiest I have used. It seems to leave the polish looking darker than its true colour. It did not keep my polish from chipping, as I had chips after 2 days. It applies well and is easy to spread (not too thick or thin). For me, this is not my preferred formula, as I look for a rapid-dry top cost that helps prevent chips. I will stick with my Seche Vite.

on 2/24/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Compared to Seche Vite:

Pros:
thinner consistency, so it smoothes out streakiness really well. also much easier to apply for a smooth finish.
much subtler scent
no shrinkage, esp with thicker consistency polishes, as I've experienced with Seche Vite
no chipping of large chunks of polish after 4-5 days of wear
texture is not sticky after it's dried
the bottle won't dry out and get gummy like Seche Vite. Seche Vite needs to be thinned out frequently.

Cons:
nowhere near as glossy as Seche Vite. more like a satin finish
takes longer to dry

I think this gives better protection than Seche Vite. Usually I get about 5-6 days of wear with Seche Vite without any growth or chipping (depends on the polish), but with Out the Door, there isn't shrinkage and chipping at the edges is less frequent. My manis look as good as new for over a week. This topcoat is also much easier to apply bc it's a thin consistency and I'm less likely to have to start over.

BUT....I know a lot of people love a high glossy finish and Seche Vite gives the glossiest and fastest drying finish. Out the Door doesn't improve on the finish that the color polish already gives.

Hands down, the BEST top coat on the market. The HG of top coats, Out the Door dries quickly to a super thick shine. It prolongs the life of natural manicures and boosts drugstore polishes to look glossy, and resist chipping a little longer. Though this top coat dries pretty quickly, I prefer to use the fast dry drops by Qtica over it. I will not buy anything else.

on 1/11/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very good top coat - shiny, moderate shrinkage and quick drying. I still prefer Seche Vite (shrinkage and all) but this is also good.

on 1/14/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Use this with your Zoyas instead of Seche Vite. Zoya and SV do NOT get along. Minimal shrinkage with this one. Love it. SV is still my fave but I am liking not having to deal with shrinkage. And it's cheap.

on 1/9/2013 8:50:00 PM

I heard of and have seen this brand for yearsss. I remember seeing a video raving about it and thought I would try it one day but kept buying Seche Vite. Seche Vite dries the quickest, way quicker than this, and is definitely thicker and therefore finishes glossier. I, however, hate hate hate how the Seche Vite makes your nails look after a few days. It pulls at the tips, making your nails appear like they are chipping, dries in the bottle midway (DESPITE using the polish thinner specifically made for Seche Vite top coat), and it strangely starts to crack like a thin plastic layer over nails...strange. So far Out of the Door has been great. It is not as thick, does not chip or allow the polish to fade quickly, and does not have an obvious odor like China Glaze's fast drying top coat. The major downfall for me is that it does not dry as fast as I need it to, quicker than the regular, but so slow in comparison to other fast dry top coats out there. If, however, you are not rushing or clumsy like me you will be fine and love it. I do like that I can touch it while it is drying and it just feels sticky rather than dry on top but slippery underneath which leaves that ugly smudge. I highly recommend trying it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I may have found my gh top coat! I've been using Seche Vite, and although that did dry quickly, my nails chipped the next day. I thought I was just destined to have 1-2 day manicures. I saw this and thought I'd give it a shot. I painted my nails on Tuesday...today is Friday and not a chip in sight! That may not sound very impressive, but for me it's unheard of! I've been doing lots of housecleaning, laundry, dishes etc. too. I am extremely impressed. It does dry a bit slower than SV but that is a tradeoff that I am totally willing to accept.