Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer! Finally... a day cream that packs the moisture in without leaving a greasy film on skin. Love it, love it, love it! And I haven't even gotten to the delicious smell yet! Like lemon merangue pie! Yummy! Perfect moisturizer for someone with slighty dry or normal skin.

Will repurchase for sure!

on 12/27/2006 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this moisturiser and feel so uplifted and yet soothed at the same time. It is really nourishing and I love to use them when I switch from liz Earle Skin Repair Light. I have oily/combination skin and this is so light yet substantial! It has a lovely clean fresh lemon-like scent and a tiny bit goes a long way (especially on top of my Dr H Clarifying Toner)! its great with Normalising Day Oil on top for those harsh wintry days! :-) A definite keeper and one I will re-buy as I love pretty much the entire Dr Hauschka range and despite changing my routine all the time this is the brand I return to when my skin is the most troublesome and in need of TLC. 30ml tube is now about 18 GP.

on 12/10/2006 8:14:00 PM

I like this one. I've been using Chanel moisturizers for years, but I'm always searching for a less expensive alternative. So far this seems like it might be worth a repurchase. I have dry, sensitive skin and since I use both foundation and powder I need a long-lasting moisturizer that will hydrate my skin throughout the day. This one seems to do the trick. Usually at the end of the day I look really tired and have quite a few dry spots, but not after applying the quice cream before my make-up. I did need to do a little more blotting than usual though, but that only shows how good this moisturizer is I think. The smell is horrible, but hopefully I can get used to that.

on 11/8/2006 12:08:00 PM

I wasn't keen on this at first but having fallen out of love with my last moisturiser (Olay) I gave this a chance and my skin seems to be loving it. I find it a bit greasy when first applying but this seems to disappear quite quickly and it actually seems to control the shine on my forehead. Like the fresh smell too. Only problem with it is no SPF. This will do very nicely for now, but still saving up for my Sisley cream!

on 11/19/2006 10:45:00 PM

I'm very happy with this moisturizer. My combination skin has been inclined towards congestion for a long time, but this past year surprised me with some quite nasty breakouts. Differin and mandelic acid have sorted out the acne, but alas also leave my skin sensitive and flaky. I've been desperate for a gentle but effective moisturizer to counteract this, and the quince cream really seems to do the trick. I use just a little bit, emulsified between my fingertips and patted over my whole face, sometimes mixed with a bit of the bronze concentrate and sometimes not. It does an amazing job of soothing and smoothing my angry patches, and hasn't led to any breakouts in two and half weeks of use. This afternoon, my husband was complaining about flaky skin on his cheeks and I introduced him to my Dr. Hauschka. His response? "It's magical!"

on 11/29/2006 11:28:00 AM

Another nice moisterizer from Dr. Hauschka. It's about the same as the Rose Day cream. I can't see any difference except for the smell. To me, they both smell wonderful. Though I say I'd buy them again, I think they're a bit pricey and don't "do much". I like them as handcreams, but I think they're too expensive for that.

on 6/26/2006 5:17:00 PM

This has been my 'the' moisturizer for spring and autumn when the weather is not too cold or too warm. I like the smell, very calming and comfortable, and my normal to dry skin stays very well when I use it. I even used it for night cream when I ran out of night cream two weeks ago, it was a bit too heavy, esp. in the summer, but my skin felt good the next morning. I will buy it again and again. --- The price in the U.S. is not very good, but for what I got I think I'll have to stick to it.

on 6/19/2006 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Aged 37 I'm just converting to the Dr Hauschka range after trying out pretty much everyone else's, and I'm also coming round to the idea that I want to use more natural products. I tried the Rose Day Cream first as I do have quite dry skin that's had a fair amount of sun exposure over the years. I loved the smell of it but it was just a little too heavy for me so I've moved over to Qunce Day Cream which is just perfect. The more citrus smell already feels a little lighter on my skin and I feel less like I'm covered in ointment. You only need a tiny amount, warmed in the palm of your hand and spread into a thin veil over the skin and it's so great on my face, I only need a light brush of powder over the top and I'm ready to go! I would highly recommend this product, and it comes in a hygienic tube so you don't go sticking your finger and nails in it everyday.
Tip: While Dr Haushka is not really that expensive compared to many other ranges, I would recommend buying on eBay direct from Germany cos you can save !!! The instructions come in German/Italian, but you can check the English ones on www.drhauschka.co.uk

on 10/11/2006 11:04:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer. It's lightweight, yet moisturizing, and gives my skin a great glow. I found the rose moisturizer a little too greasy. I hated the quince smell at first but it really grew on me over time.

on 10/4/2006 12:02:00 AM

My skin: dehydrated, oily, sensitised with redness/irritation, sometimes flaky due to cold weather. I am a lover of Dr H, this is one of the best day creams I have ever used. I am normally not a fan of lotions/creams, because conventional brands have never made them suitable to balance my oily skin. I am actually confident enough to wear this cream alone without any mattifying products on top, I still get slight oil breakthrough along my T zone, but it is not to the point where I feel as if I NEED to blot. I usually apply this on top of a facial oil during winter, to keep my skin more hydrated. This cream leaves a semi-matte finish and does not leave the skin feeling heavy at all. One tube lasts me almost 1.5 years (I know you should use within 3 months...) but I only use this product as the condition of my skin changes. Even when I first started natural skin care under the Dr H philosophy (oil on oily skin!) I had extremely horrifically (in all words, badddddd) oily skin, but this cream didn't cause any pimples or make me feel like whatever products I had applied were going to slide off my face. Now that my skin is 100% more balanced, oil product has reduced significantly, I can rely on this product all through winter and even wear layers of mineral makeup on top.