Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

3.8

on 8/21/2005 2:22:00 PM

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This perfume is gross no wonder it is so cheap. I will be using it in my toilet room as a refreshner, this is more like a toilet refreshner than a perfume. Enough said.

on 8/17/2005 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is grossly UNDERPRICED. And it really does smell like authentic roses. This perfume stands its own ground.

on 6/29/2004 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For a rather accurate depiction of rose it's also very affordable, about $30 if I remember correctly. This is one of my favorite perfumes and is always worth searching for.

It's a bit strong so use it lightly.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Uggggggggh. This is so strong that it's absolutely nauseating. I bought a bottle because it was extremely cheap on Ebay, but just one spritz produced many complaints from those around me. I like subtle rose scents, but this is so rosy that it barely even resembles real roses anymore. It has more of an antiseptic bowl-cleaner quality.

This is obviously a scent whose heyday has passed. The bottle is ugly and blocky, the label looks to be 70's vintage, and the liquid is an icky bright yellow-green colour.

I tried getting rid of my bottle on Ebay for 99 cents. Nobody wanted it. continued >>

on 6/20/2005 11:11:00 PM

I bought this for $14.99 at Burlington. It smells like plastic roses if plastic roses had a smell. This is not a scent for me. Also, it screams old age.

on 7/16/2005 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My mom wears this. I think it really does smell like roses. I do not like rose smells myself, but I think this does smell authentic and not too overpowering.

on 12/12/2003 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tea Rose used to be my signature fragrance. I wore it every day for three or four years before I actually discovered the existence of scents other than this one. I vividly recall that the day I stopped wearing it was the day I overheard a co-worker asking where the strong rose "stench" was coming from. I told her rather sheepishly that it may have been my Tea Rose, and she asked if I'd been bathing in it! Since I'd never spray more than two spritzes when applying it, I realized it was just too strong to wear. I do think it's a lovely scent, but now whenever I sniff it, it causes an instant headache and actually makes me feel a bit dizzy. Love it in the bottle - hate it on myself. On that note, I do have a gorgeous Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose candle shaped like a delicate rose that I can never burn because I know it will make me ill! Gorgeous to look at, though.

on 7/7/2003 4:10:00 PM

Roseosaurus Rex. A rose that stalks the earth, exhaling rosy breath, consuming everything in its path. If you want a scent that makes people on the other side of the street ask where the roses are, this is the one. But don't even think about it if you're even remotely ambivalent about rose scents. Or indeed if anyone you're likely to come within twenty feet of is.

on 4/10/2003 7:06:00 PM

This smells just like a rose :) I really liked it at first, but got tired of it quickly. If you're into really, really simple fragrances--here ya go! I like to take a whiff of it every now and then, but I usually end up wearing something a little more interesting.

on 6/10/2004 12:42:00 AM

This was an impulse buy from Marshall's. For only $9.99, I could afford to give this away if I hated it. But as it turns out, I really do like this for what it is. I would not wear this every day, and it is very literal and one note. But if I had been an adult in the 70's I think I would have worn this often because I did not like Charlie, and the other woody adehydes popular then. When I want roses, this fits the bill, and it does represent itself accurately, which is more than I can say for some other perfumes today. Also, sometimes I pick a perfume apart and one note ruins it for me, but this is just rose, and how can a person not like rose? Like the other posters say, use lightly, because this is potent. Coworkers are fabulous fragrance ruiners, aren't they? I had a room mate once whose perfume everyone hated, and we just waited for her to run out of it, because her dad had bought it for her and it made her feel special. We did not want to rain on her parade.

Popular Fragrances