Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 3/14/2017 12:57:00 PM

I tried two testers from this foundation and all I can say that if you have an oily and acne prone skin like mine, this is not for you.

on 3/10/2017 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry, acne prone skin with some hyperpigmentation. I've been using this for the last 2 years.

PROS:
- really amazing for dry skin. I've never had a problem with flaking or my skin feeling too tight or cakey. Even on those days where I was too lazy to prep my face correctly, this foundation was really reliable.

- when I don't have an active breakout, one pump is enough to cover dark spots as long as I used a brush instead of a beauty blender. I got the best result when I used my finger to lightly spread it over my face, left it to sit for a minute while I did my eyeliner, and then blended it in with the brush.
- Really natural finish. It looks like you don't have anything on at all. But still still really good for nights out and heavy makeup looks.

CONS:
- Not ideal for when you have a breakout. Does not cover redness well so you need 2 pumps. And the soft dewy finish was detrimental because it made light reflect off the bumps.

- The price....very high. I would repurchase this in a second if it was in the 50 dollar range but there are so many good foundations in the world. I'll look around some before I come back to this one.

I would definitely repurchase this to use at special occasions, but I'm not sure if it's worth it as an everyday foundation.

I have combination skin and unfortunately this dried out my eye area really badly. The coverage is so nice and made my skin look smooth and somewhat skin like upon first application, but as the day went on my under eye area became visibly dry with lines forming. After wearing for a few days, my eyelid area became flakey. I tried applying extra eye cream before but I still experienced dryness. I also mixed it with my IT Cosmetics CC cream (which actually mixed very nicely) but this didn't help either. Other than that, the other areas of my face looked great and the makeup stayed in place without oxidizing in my oilier areas.

on 3/4/2017 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know how I feel about this. From the name I thought I was going to have a glow but this seems pretty matte but not to the point where it looks dry. It is fairly funny and does set in nicely into the skin with a beauty blender. It is not hydrating but not drying. This does need a primer underneath or it tends to look caked near areas with pores. It lasts pretty well even without setting powder but I don't think this is worth the price. It also has a lovely fragrance that isn't overwhelming and makes it smell like an expensive product. I would have given this five stars out of ten if it weren't for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

O my dam I love this foundation. I have dry skin and the finish of this product is so skin like and dewy. It doesn't settle into my pores at all.

The coverage of this foundation is light, but it has a blurring effect (to me). Concealer with this foundation is a must if you have dark spots, but I find that I use MUCH less makeup overall if I'm wearing this because the finish is just that good. I appy this with a brush because my beauty blender sheers it out so much and gives it unnecessary extra moisture, if that makes sense.

My only two gripes are the price ($64 USD for a little more than an ounce!) and the color selection. All of the shades lean pink/cool toned. Once you pass the beige/taupe/bisque category, there are HUGE jumps in shades from 9-13. 9 is like an NC40 while the next shade 10 is like NC45. I had to mix this with a yellower foundation i had to make it work, but I don't want to do that at this price point.

Overall, this product wears so beautifully but I can't stick with it because the color selection is too pink for my yellow undertones. Shame. :(

I hated this so much.Its such a strange consistency, watery and greasy at the same time!I found that it looked streaky whether I applied it with a brush,sponge or fingers and set in a really uneven way.I prefer a light to medium coverage and found myself having to use 4 or 5 pumps to cover my face.I gave it to a friend who also hated it.Really disappointed, it was so hyped and SO expensive.Extra disappointing because I really liked Maestro.Absolutely terrible.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is the first foundation that I have used that actually makes my skin look like skin. It photographs beautifully and just enhances your skin rather than make it look like you're wearing a mask.

I have dry skin with hyperpigmentation and this foundation makes my skin look dewy and not greasy. I can't give it a 5 start rating because some of my hyperpigmentation peaks through even after colour correcting and two coats of foundation.

Even though I have to use two different colours of this foundation to get my exact match, I still find it worth it to use this foundation. For shade reference, I am closest to NC42 at MAC, although MAC tends to run a bit yellow/orange on me. For luminous silk, I use 2 pumps 7.5 and a partial pump of 9 and it's an EXACT match for my skin colour. Lots of trial and error to get the perfect match to my neutral golden undertone.

I apply this on top of the Becca backlight primer and use a very damp Beauty Blender to apply. I set it with the Chanel loose powder in Gold (shade 3).

on 2/19/2017 6:07:00 AM

This foundation is the closest color match that I have ever found. I read that no. 6 is the best foundation for those of us with olive skin that can not find a color match, they were right. The problem is the alcohol, my eyes could not tolerate the life being sucked out of my skin. They were literally burning. I need something with hydration, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. I suppose if you have oily skin, this would work but even oily skin should be careful with the alcohol content.

on 2/17/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
This foundation makes my skin look wonderful and I've had a few random compliments while wearing it. The packaging also feels very luxurious.

Cons:
I probably would have more compliments if I wore this more often, but anytime I wear it two days in a row, I break out. The consistency is a little weird to me too--it feels a little oily and thin when I apply it. Also, the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark--I make it work with other make up and always apply it down my neck and chest but I always feel like an oompa loompa when I first apply it.

on 2/10/2017 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I wanted to buy this for ages but I waited due to the price - I finally caved in & bought it. My previous foundation was from Loreal (so this one was a bit of a step up) & whenever I went out and had photos taken my face would always be white in the photo, even though it's a dark shade foundation. With Luminous Silk, it doesn't contain SPF so in photos, even with the flash, it brings out my colour. I also bought the micro fill loose powder to go with it.