Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler
Kevyn Aucoin Curler open Shu Uemura 24K and Kevyn Aucoin curlersKevyn Aucoin Curler

4.2

on 7/26/2006 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This worked very well...no crimping, no pinching, good shape, pretty red pad (I'm a sucker for red). Seemed about identical to the Shu curler IMO, but I swapped my Shu when I got this (mainly because of the red pad). So for about 6 months I was very pro KA eyelash curler until all of the sudden one day it wasn't working anymore...it didn't "break", but the top piece that comes down and presses into the pad seemed to have slowly moved forward so when it comes down the top part presses in front of the pad instead of in the middle of it...hope that makes sense. The pad was still in good shape, it was the metal part that was the problem. Anyway...it did not curl anymore and I couldn't fix it. I took good care of it, so it wasn't that it got squished or bent or anything. Maybe I just got a bum one, but I won't purchase again because of this. Works well when it works though.

Oh, eyelash curler, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. Yes, I'm being goofy, but I have finally found THE eyelash curler for me! I've been on a search, trying various ones, and this is simply the best. Easy to use, no pinching, just everything you want & nothing you don't. Thanks to the lovely swapper who sent this to me!

This is my favorite curler. I've tried Shu, which I used for years, Mac, which I like better than Shu and now KA. I like the KA the best. It never pinches my eyelid, like I got with Shu sometimes and of course, the red is cute.

on 3/22/2006 1:49:00 PM

I've been using this for about a year now, after having used a Shu for many years. What I like better about this one is that it opens a lot wider than the Shu. As far as curling, I'd say both worked about the same for me. But I do like this curler. I might buy again, or I might buy another Shu again, just for some excitement in my life.

on 3/14/2006 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have seriously straight lashes that are very difficult to curl. I have been content with my Shiseido but tried this hoping to get a better result. It was no better than my Shiseido. If I am rushing at all when I use this, I get an awful crimp. I don't have a local place to buy KA so this was not worth paying shipping for-will stick with Shiseido.

on 2/24/2006 11:09:00 AM

I absolutely love this eyelash curler. I bought mine at CO Bigelow for $18.50. It was the last one and they sure are hard to get a hold of. They are always out of stock or on backorder. I waited a couple of months but I finally got one and it sure was worth the wait. It conforms to the shape of my eyes perfectly and it doesn't pinch. I like that I can see my lashes through the curler because the cushion is red. I would highly recommend this curler. I already have a Shu eumura but I love this one more. If I had to buy either of them again I would choose the Kevyn Aucoin one. Great find!

on 2/9/2006 10:50:00 PM

This is the best ever eyelash curlere that i have ever used, it is even better than shu eyelash curler. i have both at home, but everyday i choose to use keyun one. cos it's easy to use, efficient in one time and not hurting my skin, THank to Kevyn Aucoin for such an amazing product

on 2/3/2006 10:31:00 AM

I love Kevyn's products but this really is crap...at least for me. It didn't fit my eye shape and only crimped my lashes. The pad would also not stay in place.

I am sticking with my Revlon curler which is 100 times better and much more cost effective.

on 2/2/2006 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This eyelasher curler is nearly identical to my Revlon one (silver with a white pad - I think it's the Professional for about $4). I compared them very carefully and the KA one isn't any wider or curvier - same shape. The pad in my Revlon is stiffer than the silicone KA one, but I actually found this gave a curvier curve to the right-angle one the soft KA silicone produced. I used one for each eye and both hold the curl about the same (no mascara)!

on 1/16/2006 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why it seems to work for others, but this was the worst eyelash curler I've ever had. The finger grips are awkward and the red rubber pad is so firm that my lashes will barely curl. It takes me way too much effort/time to use this curler. I'll see if I can take it back to Neiman Marcus and exchange it for a Shu Uemura. I had that previously & loved it. The only reason I bought a Kevin Aucoin one this time was b/c it was in a beauty magazine, I can't remember which one though. Allure?

Popular Misc Beauty Tools