Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

My Daughter bought a sample of this from ebay as wasn't sure she would
like it but she absolutely loves it, she has oily skin and this helps keep her
make up in place and lasts ages. My warning is that if you buy a sample
from ebay watch how much you are actually getting. My Daughter bought
a 5g sample which came in a 5ml pot which was filled to the top.
She was told by her boyfriend that 5g would not fit into a 5ml pot (He's a pharmacist)
so she weighed it and there was only approx 3.5g. So make sure if you order a sample
that the pot they send you is at least a 10ml pot. She reported it but ebay did nothing
and seller denied it but did offer a refund. I have also been told that there is a lot
of fake Ben Nye on ebay so be careful. Luckily my daughter's was genuine even though
the amount was wrong.

She loves the powder and has been out and bought a small Jar which will last her ages
as you only need a small amount.

I agree to the majority feedback of this product. Perfect for oily skin. And I would say that this is a long lasting powder. Its just that the packaging, a bit messy to use. But overall this is recommendable. Would definitely buy agaib

If you don't have this, go buy it NOW! I was looking for a good undereye setting powder and kept reading about "banana" powder. I had no idea what that was but apparently many companies are now selling a yellow corrective powder for the undereye area. Ben Nye's is such a high quality and you get SOOOO much for the money. I ordered the small compact with the sifter for $12 and I would bet this would last for years...... no kidding. It is so finely milled and just glides on the skin and leaves flawless perfection. I place this on with a heavy hand after I apply my concealer and it leaves my undereye area bright and perfected and the effect lasts ALLLLL day.

Btw: I'm a medium beige skin tone with yellow undertones.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this to use on my days where I wear heavier makeup, like going out or doing something fun, etc. Not on days where I go to work or run errands and want a lighter face. However, I found another setting powder I love more than Ben Nye (Buttercup Powder) so I stopped using this for a while.

Well, it's summer and my face has been getting super oily and I hated it. I've used blotting tissue, translucent pressed powders, primers and matte foundations together and it got me maybe a couple of hours but not enough time. Well, I decided to go ahead and try this on my off days.

First off, it can get a little ashy if you use too much. I wear the color Caramel in Revlon C/O. This powder if probably more for medium-dark skin tones. I pat some onto my face with a brush and let it bake for about 10 minutes and then brush the excess off. Since I use a light face of makeup and don't heavily highlight nor do I contour it can give that non-dimensional makeup face look. However, after a few minutes your skin will naturally set the rest if that makes sense. It does give your face a soft, natural look.

After using this, I did notice it helped oil. The only place it didn't help was my nose, but ya know, I'm not surprised. I still had to blot a little around the T-Zone area but overall I do feel like it helped. I think I will stick to using this for my routine.

One thing, the packaging sucks. Like, really sucks. It's really messy trying to put it on and you are bound to get it everywhere.

this is a great powder. however it's a little darker than i expected. i bought this at rickys in nyc. if i highlight my skin and use this to set it it actually makes the highlight kind of disappear. so ive mostly just use it as an all over setting powder and i highlight on top of it instead. control my oily skin very well. def will be purchasing more but it lasts so long it'll probably be years before i have to.

This powder would do great for oily skin. But if your prone to breakouts, stay away from it!! It has a nice finish very natural looking. But after a couple days my face broke out in rash like pimples, EVERYWHERE! And the packaging is very annoying. The powder is soo loose you can't keep from making a mess. If you have oily skin, no flaws. Give this powder a try but for sensitive skin I do not recommend. Not even as a highlighter because I don't see a difference.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use this all over my warm yellow tone face. When i first put on its matte but with my oily face, I get oily anyway.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Yeah....this.is everything it's cracked up to be. well actually I haven't seen the reviews for it on here so let me just say I am extremely pleased. I have yellow undertones and oily skin that occasionally sports a booboo (aka me turning nothing into something :-[ - it happens.) If I use this after foundation I look awesome and glowy and airbrushed and if I skip the foundation it still looks pretty dame good.
Controls shine , check. Evens tone, check. Doesn't cake, check. And it comes in a giant container that is too big and unwieldy to keep with your makeup so I just fill an old bare minerals pot and voila, new and a billion times improved mineral veil.

this product for me is my everything at the moment. I love how bright and radiant it makes my skin look and the staying power is amazing. the only thing I really dont like is the packaging. I kind of wish it was more travel friendly or maybe a bigger lid to dip into with my brush. If you are light skinned this powder might not be good to use as a highlighter but if you have medium, tan, to dark skin this would act as the perfect highlighter. it also makes selfies FLAWLESS! I notice a huge difference when I use my Nyx face powder to take a selfie, it makes my skin look flat in pictures but the banana powder reflects light and makes your skin glow. it's like the perfect loose powder

Nice feeling. But packaging sucks. And I like the kat Von d banana color in her contouring kit better.