Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

on 3/30/2018 4:37:00 PM

I would 100% buy this again. It has great coverage, great staying power and a beautiful finish. I made the mistake of buying Armani luminous silk after this thinking it would be better just because it was more expensive but it's not. I'm looking forward to finishing the Armani so I can go back to this.

I wanted this to work so badly. I made sure to exfoliate beforehand and tried it with a couple different water based moisturizers and the Pro Filt’r primer. Applied it with a flat top brush, RT’s expert face brush, UD’s optics blurring brush, Tarte’s bamboo foundation brush, beauty blender, fingers.. (you get the point lol).., but I couldn’t get that flawless finish that everyone who loves this talks about :( Also, I did make sure to work section by section because this stuff sets quickly. For reference, I’m 28 and have combination skin. I don’t have much to cover up, just looking to smooth even out my skin tone. Unfortunately this foundation made me self conscious about the pores next to my nose for the first time in my life! :’( I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older or what (SIGH), but the foundation just sat around my pores like nothing I’ve ever seen before. As far as the rest of my face goes, you could very clearly see the foundation just sitting on top of my skin. Ended up giving up and returning it after a couple weeks as it just didn’t work for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am on the fence as to whether I would purchase this based on the sample that I've tried, but for now it is a no. It is very liquidy and doesn't offer much coverage on the first go, so I feel like a full bottle would be used up super quickly. The shade range is amazing, and I love that they put it in a nice glass bottle with a pump; however, the finish is too matte for my taste as well. Overall, it is not a bad product and it deserves some of the recognition that it has gotten, but it is by no means one-size-fits-all as it is very drying. I have dry skin, so I know I could only use this once a week at most.

on 3/24/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation as I’ve been forever in search of my holy grail long wear foundation, but unfortunately it just wasn’t living up to any of the hype.
I always apply with a buffing brush as it gives me the airbrush type of finish I prefer, and initially when I began applying it I noticed that I had to blend extremely quickly as it wasn’t blending properly - however on my second time applying I realised it wasn’t the case at all, this foundation just generally cannot blend as well as others I’ve tried. After what felt like a mini arm workout trying to blend it in, it still looked very patchy and sat really awfully on my skin.
My acne prone skin didn’t break out though (thankfully), however it’s only day two of wearing it.
I’m glad I only got this as a sample and didn’t buy the full sized bottle as it would’ve gone to waste.

The packaging was really good and secure. But the foundation was awful. I got it from Harvey Nichols. It did NOT blend!! I put it on and for £26 it should have been amazing, but it flakes off straight away when I tried to blend it. After trying to put powder on it got worse and you couldn’t put any bronzer or blusher on. Now I use Number 7 and The Body Shop

on 3/17/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this about a month ago when I ran out of foundation (Sephora Collection) because I've heard good things about it during its release. We've got to admit — finding the "perfect shade" for your skin was a good selling point. When I used it for the first time, though, I couldn't say I liked the consistency? It was very fluid, very thin. Coverage was medium, so I had to reapply it on areas where I have PIH. About a few minutes later, I felt some slight itching on some parts of my face. I ignored it and it might be the biggest mistake I've ever made this year (in terms of skincare lol). When the day was done, the foundation was clinging on to dry patches of my face and lo and behold: breakouts! I was sad because a) I liked the bottle/packaging and b) the product wasn't cheap. I didn't know if Sephora would accept returns (then) if the product's already open so, now, it's just sitting on my makeup shelf thingy. 11/10 wouldn't buy again.

on 3/16/2018 5:20:00 PM

I love the thin consistency, I loved the range of shades. Controlled my oily tzone very well. Where it went wrong for me was my winter skin was far to dry for this foundation. So it looked very caked, dry, and all of my fine lines came through. I think if you have oily moisturized skin this could be your holy grail. I have dehydrated combination skin with lots of texture so it did not work for me.

on 3/13/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like this product, but what I want when I spend $34 for a bottle (and after all the hype) is to love the product. I like the coverage of this foundation as well as the subtle scent, packaging and immediate finish however what I've noticed (after wearing maybe 4-5 times per month for 6 months) is that after a few hours the finish no longer looks matte. Could be due to my oily skin but my skin but I don't look as "pro filtered" as I did when I first put it on. While I know it's expected to have to touch up make-up throughout the day, this seems like it goes beyond a little blot here and there, I'm actually compelled to take it off and re-apply complete. It's also almost as it oxidizes to a different shade throughout the day. An extremelyyyyyyy slight change in shade, but still makes a difference when you, the person, wearing it can tell and have spent your money to look flawless all day, not just the first 45 minutes that it's applied. I like the product, I want to love it though.

on 3/12/2018 3:38:00 AM

so I LOVE this like its my favorite!!!! the only problem I have is Im a super white pale person and I think I shade 120 without looking at it, but I feel like its a little pale for me but the next color up is to dark but its one of those just use a little bronzer. I love the shade ranges like I said I'm PALE and I normally can get the lightest shade and somtimes its do dark for me and the lightest shade is way to light for me... the ware on it is light and buildabul. I don't know about anyone else but a beauty blender doesn't really work well with it I use a oval shaped brush and it works a lot better than a Beauty blender.

on 3/10/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Before buying this foundation I watched plenty of reviews on youtube and seeking out other swatches, and I was expecting to try out 420 and 430. I let the sales person use the shade matching machine on me just because she already had it out and it said 450. When I tried it it was dull and the red undertone was way too different from my face. I’m glad the store was packed and she got distracted because otherwise she probably would have tried to sell it to me. So, huge side-eye at that machine and I will never even waste the few seconds letting someone do that again.

I like how this foundation matches my skin and coverage is build able. It does get annoying to me how quickly you have to blend before it dries and when using a brush I have to clean it often or the application will be streaky. I always use a matte primer with my other foundations but with this one it is just feels way too dry, so I prefer to just use it without one for now. Maybe in the future I will try the Fenty one. I set this foundation with loose powder and then use setting spray and I have not experienced much transferring and I can get all day wear. I may have to blot once or twice depending on how hot it is or if I use less powder. I will repurchase.

(Reviews are mixed so I would suggest taking advantage of getting a sample if you can)