Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

I love it because it's one of the rare soaps that I can use in my private parts, probably since it's unscented and moisturizing. Otherwise I itch a lot, sometimes several hours per day.

It's cheap and it goes often on sale at Costco (Canada). As for any soap, unpack it let it dry in a drawer of clothes: it will last even longer.

Plus the packaging can be recycled.

Finally, I know people who love high end brands who use it: it says a lot!

on 5/26/2013 9:42:00 PM

I have just now discover why I break out. I haven't been washing my face with the right cleanser. Eversince I started using this beauty bar to wash my face twice a day, my face is now clear without applying BP at night. It removes makeup and oil off my face. Leaves my face clean but not dry like every cleanser does. Try it. It's cheap and you've got nothing to lose.

This is my fav! I use on my face all of the time and it leaves my face feeling moisturized and clean. Most of my girlfriends say its ridiculous to use soap on my face but it works for me! It is very gentle, smells good, and doesn't give me any irritation or dryness.

Highly recommend

Burns and stings my eyes and makes my face feel dry and tight and irritated. Less irritating on my body but still drying. It's a no go for me, and my skin is only moderately sensitive.

on 4/28/2013 3:58:00 PM

I was always told not to use soap on my face because it can clog pores and can over time strip skin of essential oils. My friend swears by this soap, and claims that it made her skin smooth and hydrated. I decided to give it a try and it really did make my face super smooth! I used the soap and then used my regular face wash. I know this is not advised to do but it did remove all of my makeup and did not dry out my skin. This soap is super inexpensive and lasts a very long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this after reading reviews on here. I've been using it at night when I need to wash my makeup off and it works surprisingly well. I have super sensitive dry skin and it doesn't burn or turn my face red after washing like other cleansers do. It does make my face slightly dry afterward, but that is cleared up no problem with my moisturizer. So far (about a week), it hasn't broken me out or caused any problems. It has helped the acne that started sprouting on my cheeks in the weeks prior to using it.

I only use this when I need to wash off makeup, or else it might end up making my skin a little dry eventually.
When I'm not wearing makeup, I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, which is even better for my dry sensitive skin. I would use just that, but it doesn't really get rid of makeup.

***UPDATE*** I only use this in the shower now as a body soap. Long term use wasn't doing my facial skin any favors. It was starting to make my skin congested. My pores were getting bigger.

This is an excellent soap. I use it for my face and body. It's very gentle and creamy and does a great job at moisturizing my skin. I love how simple it is yet effective in keeping my skin clear. It almost gives me a glow after I wash my face. It's very affordable and can be found in many stores. I would recommend this to anyone.
When it comes to skin care, sometimes simple is best.

on 4/1/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This helped to clear up a very bad reaction I had to Cerave products. Its moisturizing, calming and doesnt make me breakout. It actually seems to repair my skin and heals breakouts fast. I alternate this with my Grandpas thylox soap and my skin feels great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best facial cleanser ever! I have used Dove since my dermatologist recommended it thirty years ago. I pair this with my Clarisonic (after I have removed my makeup) and it does a great job of keeping my skin soft and blemish-free.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Best stuff ever!! I get the original beauty bar. I wash my fash with this and only this with my Olay cleasing brush (Clarasonic is a rip off). Followed by sea breeze and Jose Marin Argan Oil. Thats it. NOTHING and I mean nothing has helped my acne. Ranging from small pimples to HUGE cyst acne. Ive had ance since my early teens. Im 28 and still struggles with it. Ive tried every face wash in the store and even gone to doctors, even tried the birth control way... Nothing. I found that less is more with my very sesitive irish red head skin. The more benzo peroxide and salasylic (however you spell it) I put on my face the more irritated it became. I love this it shouldnt be called bar soap because its not its heavenly! I love Doves body washes too! The Winter and Summer ones are my fav. The only thing I wish they would change is using a bar of soap over and over is unsanitary. I keep it in a soap container but I wish this formula came in a pump form! Other wise I wont use anything else on my face. My grandmother used this on her face too and had barely any wrikles when she died in her mid 70's. GIve it a try ladies! Give it time like aything it takes time for your skin to calm down!