Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

Origins Pinch Your Cheeks

3.6

on 8/26/2005 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This did not blend very well on me and just left a red stain on my cheeks. I couldn't wait to get home and wash this stuff off after trying it. It makes me never want to try a cream blush again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I keep buying this product because (1) the tube is so small I misplace it and (2) I keep thinking that it SHOULD be really great. Alas, is so-so. I have the original color (raspberry), which is a pretty, clear pink-red. The color is great, but the gel is not. I usually end up with slightly splotchy cheeks and the finger I use to apply it is usually pink for the rest of the day. The girl at Origins told me an easier way to blend it is to add a little bit of it to a dot of A Perfect World, which really does seem to make it go on more evenly. I'll probably use what's left in the tube (although sometimes it's just easier to brush on powder blush instead), but I won't buy it again.

on 5/28/2005 1:32:00 AM

Ok, so the packaging design sucks. There's too much pressure in the tube which means that the product is constantly oozing out. I have to quick swipe some onto my fingertip and then slap on the cap before more oozes out.

HOWEVER, and this is a huge however (hence the all capitals), I have just returned to this product after about 7 years because I love the new color "Brownberry," which on me is the *perfect* sheer maroon, not too orangy, not too brown, not too blue. Right inbetween the original pinch-your-cheeks (Raspberry), Benetint, and Clinique Black Honey gel blush, another favorite of mine (until now!). Most importantly, this product lasts ALL DAY, and stains both my cheeks and lips perfectly. So well, that in the end, I don't mind the messy tube. A little bit of baking soda mixed with handsoap cleans the fingers. I'd definitely recommend this new color, and trying it on the lips. It's better than all the so-called lip-cheek stains out there (most of which are ok for lips or cheeks but not both) and I've tried all of them (longo, lorac, tarte, philosophy, delux, jouer, stila, gallerie noemie, lancome, etc).

on 7/30/2005 10:34:00 PM

I love this product, despite its crappy packaging (squirts too much, always) its price (too high for so little product) and the fact that you must apply and blend with incredible speed to avoid fuschia fingerprints on the apples of your cheeks. the original raspberry gives an outstanding "i just went for a run" flush to my porcelain skin, and doesn't give me blemishes like some cream and powder blushes.

This is my HG blush. I've tried more expensive powders and creams, but they all disappear from my oily face. I'm also very pale, which makes finding the right blush difficult- ever NARS Orgasm seemed too dark on me. But Pinch Your Cheeks always looks natural on me. I recently recommended it to a friend, who told me that she didn't think I wore make-up. I find it very easy to use because I put it on a minute or to after I've applied liquid foundation (so just before the foundation "sets"). It never streaks. I love, love, love this stuff. I even bought the new Coralberry tone, which is also nice, but the original shade is the best.

on 4/20/2005 9:51:00 PM

I have it in brownberry, and I really like the color. However, it is hard to make it look natural, sometimes it seems like you have a big line on your cheeks. I'm not sure if i would buy this product again.

The packaging is cute, and I adore it. Yet the gel ooze out everytime I unscrew the cap. The problem's worst in summer time, maybe out of the temperature. I had not liked this at first, because this is really hard to handle when your skin is not really well moisturized. But it looks sooo good on my cheeks when a very tiny bit is applied. It lasts all day... the only thing I complain about is the packaging and it really STAINS my fingers. I'm a MMM, with dark eyes and hair.

on 3/5/2005 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Doesn't blend well at all...I always get clownish, defined circles no matter what. Highly recommend L'oreal's translucide gel instead (if you can find it!)

on 1/31/2005 11:16:00 AM

Hate the staining power. Hate that it stain my fingers so badly and how quickly it dries up. It makes my cheeks look flushed terribly. People thought I was drunk whenever I use it, even though I applied just a little bit of it.

on 4/5/2005 5:56:00 AM

This is by far the most natural blush product I have ever used. However it is difficult to use as it is a cheek stain, if it is not blended in quick then it leaves blocks of colour. I only use this bluch when going out as it take too long to apply in the mornings.