Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 6/13/2017 9:39:00 AM

Waited so long for this but it was awful patchy hardly any coverage yuck

The packaging and price are nice on this, but that's about it. I absolutely hated this. I bought this when it first came out and waited forever for it to come- but that was fine, as I knew it would take a long time, so I don't hold that against it! I was so excited when it came. I also bought the High Adherence Silicone Primer because Wayne Goss used this in his YouTube video trying it (and it's cheap too).

I got 1.1 N and 1.2 N- the 1.2N was really yellow, but both still worked okay color wise on my skin.

It was awful. Truly awful. I tried it with the high adherence primer, by the end of the day it had worn off in patches, looked like it hardly covered. It was even kind of greasy. Totally awful. It looked good for about 3 minutes after I applied it with my brush (I use an Artis copy brush from Crown that I got in a Boxycharm)

So the next day I tried it with my favorite primer, the UD Optical Illusion primer- that normally makes me look airbrushed- and it was the same thing. Truly awful. I tried it with my RT sponge, awful. I tried it with my Elf prep and hydrate primer. Awful.

After looking awful at work for so many days, I decided never again. So now I'm trying to figure out if I will give this to someone with dryer skin (I have combo/dry) or just throw it out.

I have to say, I've tried the high adherence primer with my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and I really like the primer. So there's that.

I love a lot of things from The Ordinary- this is absolutely not one of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was really excited to receive this after waiting for around 2 months but sadly it just doesn't work for me. The coverage is poor and it settles into fine lines and breaks down on my skin after about 2 hours. Shade range is great though.

on 6/12/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It took forever to arrive. It looks great when freshly applied but really disappears quickly. I have redness around my nose and inner cheeks and it really doesn't do a great job of covering that for long. I stuck it in a drawer - I'll use it...sometime...maybe. But honestly, you'll get better coverage out of Maybelliene - which runs around the same price.

on 6/11/2017 11:41:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after Wayne Goss recommended it. I have both pink and yellow undertones and can usually either wear NW20 or NC20 in MAC. I hopped on eBay and found 1.2N for a reasonable price (more than you would usually pay, but not outrageous). I received it quickly and tried it on the next day with The Ordinary primer. My daughter also tried it with the Pores No More primer. I am 46 and have dry skin and my daughter is 23 and has oily skin. For both of us, it went on beautifully. We used the MAC 196 foundation brush. It gave full coverage and left a soft finish. We each topped it with a light dusting of powder, I used MAC prep and prime transparent loose powder and she used MAC Studio Fix Powder. For me throughout the day, it became more yellow. By the end of the day, it was really yellow and I looked like I used the color banana on my face. In addition, it didn't hold up. Even with my dry skin, it faded on my chin, nose, and cheeks enough that it was obvious. For my daughter, within an hour, it oxidized the other way and became really orange, which was crazy because it has yellow undertones, and separated on her nose, chin, and cheeks so that it looked like she was two completely different colors and the makeup was floating on top. She immediately took it off and went back to her MAC. I was so disappointed in this product.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I think I liked the Coverage product a tiny bit more than the Serum one, but not enough to give even 2 lippies. The shade I got was 1.0N and it matches my skin, almost. It claims all sorts of things, long-lasting, no settling in lines, natural look and full cover, and then some more (sunscreen, spreadability…). Well, it applies easily (with both brush and fingers), it goes on with an almost matte finish, but it's not exactly uniform and I needed a lot of work to make it even. The final finish is definitely on the more dewy side, but it starts out almost matte and then quickly turns oily, similar to the Serum. It needs a powder to set it, it's quite sticky on it's own and doesn't set/blend into skin, so it does look like make-up, and on top of that the pigmentation is quite high (but hardly full, nope) and it does blur facial contours. Comparing against something that truly is full-cover like Dermablend 16h Fluid Ordinary gives more of a pancake face, but it's not as pigmented, doesn't cover birthmarks (which Dermablend and other full cover liquid products can actually do), for example. I can't see how the claim on superior suspended pigments is true by any stretch of imagination. Lasting power is average, about 5-6 h and by then it's shiny, despite powder (silica-based), and it does migrate into lines and pores. Long-lasting is something else. It's not that I had expected it to be this abysmal, but Ordinary make-up manages to not live up to any of their claims (which are pretty high for any make-up to live up to, honestly). Though, even if the description said simply 'lightweight, medium coverage foundation in 21 shades' then it would still be a forgettably bad foundation with no redeeming qualities.

on 6/7/2017 2:41:00 PM

Was expecting good things from this. No.
Colour match was surprisingly good considering it was bought online (two slightly different shades), however it oxidises the instant it is out of the pump and goes a much darker orange shade. It is quite thick and one pump is enough for entire face, coverage is good and I didn't need concealer besides the usual undereye stuff.
But. Gathers horribly in hairline, it creases and settles instantly into the smallest lines, and separates into streaks by the end of the day (even using The Ordinary primer underneath). Adding a drop of oil to sheer it out on a less-makeup day just made it worse.

On checking makeup in daylight in my car at the end of the work day, I found it had entirely disappeared from my nose and round my mouth onto my chin, gutted. I'd been walking about at work with half a face on for who knows how long. I'm not even that messy of an eater that I'd had to wipe round my mouth at lunch, so god knows how it had vanished. There was a definite makeup/no makeup line and it just looked dreadful.

Tried different methods of application, with/without primer, and it just doesn't work for me. I really wish it had as the price and initial colour match is very good, but I definitely won't be buying this again. Shame. Might try mixing it with my usual MAC foundation to see what happens and use up the rest of the two bottles purchased.

My HG foundation is UD All Nighter so I already had low expectations of this product - and I was not disappointed. Despite being highly pigmented, it performed poorly. I use a Sigma flat top Kabuki brush to apply my foundation. This is so runny and covers nothing. I would compare this to a tinted moisturizer. After an hour my face was a shiny mess and I do not have oily skin. I used Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and this still ran right off my face. The pump is nice but why no cap? The only good thing I can say about this is that it was cheap.

on 6/5/2017 9:35:00 PM

I've been trying out this and the serum foundation for about two weeks now and I love them both! The coverage foundation is great for when I need a bit more than a light-medium coverage. Its definitely not full coverage but covers just enough to make my skin look nearly flawless. I've tried this with probably 5 different primers(both from the Ordinary, YSL blur primer, Laura Mercier radiance, CoverFX illuminating, plus a couple others I know I am forgetting). They all worked well under this foundation but my favourite is actually The Ordinary High Adherence primer. Lasts for 12-14 hours without separating, fading or sinking into any lines! This one is definitely a keeper!

on 6/5/2017 9:09:00 PM

Purchased this in the shade 1.2N. My normal shade is between MAC NW18-20. As a 59 year old, my skin is normal to dry but with very large pores due to aging and old acne scars and some discolorations. I first tried applying it with my fingers and was surprised by how pigmented it was. A little goes a very long way. Unfortunately, I found the shade slightly too yellow, and the overall effect was too high coverage and flat. I next tried sheering it out with a damp sponge. The effect was slightly better, but still not very flattering, as it seemed to emphasize my pores and lines. On my third attempt I decided to try it with an illuminating primer (Becca Backlight Priming Filter) and the sponge. Slightly better but still not flattering. I think the problem is the foundation's texture and how it works on my skin. It provides high coverage for discolorations but does nothing to smooth or blur textural imperfections. I may have been better off trying the Serum Foundation in this line. For now, I'll go back to my current faves -- MUFE Ultra HD in R250 which for me is perfect match colour-wise and looks very natural while providing medium coverage, and the Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-free foundation in N25, which provides higher coverage without looking cakey and is soothing on my skin when it is feeling irritated in the winter.