Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.6

Like the woman in the picture, my skin has gotten significantly brighter, and if you struggle with large and dark pores, then this is your jam! It brightens them and other reddish discolourations. When you smear it on, your skin will get a little red, but after you’ve slept, next morning the skin is so bright! I recommend really rubbing it in.

I don’t struggle with acne anymore and my skin is on the drier side so I use this with a standard moisturizer on top. I let it dry first for 10-20 minutes and then apply my moisturizer.

I would not use it in the morning as your skin gets sensitive to the sun, and sunscreen only work if you reapply many times throughout the day.

All in all a fave of mine ❤️

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I just noticed I am running low on this and bought more from the Deciem site. If you are like me and have oily skin, sensitive skin and have struggled with acne breakouts for as long as you can remember, buy this. After 5 weeks of consistent use once a day at night in combination with their salicylic acid 2% in the mornings, I have seen a very significant improvement in my skin. Originally, I was using this AM and PM with the salicylic acid at the same time, but that was way too much for my skin. Once daily for each in combination with their hyaluronic acid and cerave pump moisturizer, my skin has never been better. I do incorporate other things into my routine, but these are my staples now. I do think it took time for my skin to get used to this new routine, roughly 3 weeks. I was getting my usual breakouts, but noticed that they went away in 3 to 4 days instead of the usual 9 to 12. I stayed consistent and I am so glad I did. From what I understand, the niaciniamide makes your skin undergo cell turnover, which can take time to get used to, but I am no expert. Im happy to have discovered this brand and their products. My skin has been a serious struggle since I was about 18 and I am 32 now. I have tried everything short of accutane (I refused it) to get clear skin. I never thought something less than $10 would do the trick. The company's research is also impressive. If you buy their products, refer to their instructional chart, it tells you the best order to use your products in a routine. For reference I am obviously acne prone, oily, sensitive with some acne scarring on my cheeks.

stings the hell out of my skin
turns my skin bright red after using

on 3/3/2018 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is SO good for my skin. It;s basically vitamin B in a bottle. LOVE it...and the price is amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, so so so much.
I have oily, dehydrated and acne prone skin which goes in phases of being super resistant to anything to super sensitive to anything. I try to keep a consistent routine including vitamin C, Salicylic acid, Retinol and Lactic acid and this serum actually fits perfectly into the routine, providing some healing, calming and zit clearing qualities to it.

The serum is runny, sticky but not thick. I layer it over Bioderma Hydrating Toner and under TO Matrixyl and it doesn't ball up on me, unlike other users' experience. You only need a couple of drops to cover face and neck, so that might be the trick.

The bottle is ok, not the most efficient means of dispensing but not bad either and the dropper itself hasn't clogged up or anything.

I noticed that when I use this consistently, my skin is less oily overall, my active spots are calmed and the scabs from previous spots are drier and heal faster. I don't know if it really does anything for my pigmentation as it is melasma- like (haven't had it diagnosed, but my guess is that it is) but I wasn't expecting much in that respect anyway.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who as active acne and oily skin in general. It just works.
Always spot test and give it some time before giving up, skin has a 28 day renewal cycle.

on 2/27/2018 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using retin-a as tretinoin prescription medication for 5 months now. I've gone through that horrible initial breakout. That may be why the reviews for this product are not as great as I would have expected-- people who havent used vitamins a,b, and c will have breakouts for a few weeks from this.

This stuff is seriously amazing. I've had family members notice the improvement in my skin since using this. My zits (and cysts) last a third of the time when i apply this and the oil control is seriously INSANE. I stain my pillows yellow with sebum (tmi) but with this it has reduced to the point i blot only once a day.

Using vitamins A, B, and C will cause irritation and breakouts at first, but if you stick with it, it will be worth it. And if you really can't bear it, the price is right. It's a no risk product.

on 2/25/2018 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have combo skin. I patch tested this product on my arm and was not allergic to it. Within two weeks of using it as an addition to my regular evening skincare routine I broke out in whiteheads and deep painful zits on and around my nose. This was very unusual for me, as my typical breakouts are on my forehead and chin.

If you want to try it, proceed with caution. At the very least, it’s not expensive. I did like the dropper packaging, the fact that it had no fragrance, and the way it felt on my skin.

I do use Cerave PM so I don’t know if it was the niacinimide or something else that triggered the breakout, but it’s inspired me to try a different moisturizer once this bottle is finished just in case!

I really wanted to like this product, but there's something about it that doesn't agree with my face. It causes some redness and irritation, enough to cause additional breakouts. My thought is it's the niacinamide, since I also have issues with Cerave PM.

In less than two weeks this transformed my skin completely! It feels a bit sticky and tacky, also stings my skin a bit still. I always follow up with a moisturizer, since this doesn't leave me feeling quenched. However, the long term results are amazing; significantly less breakouts, less visible pores, less redness of skin, and most amazingly: has faded many of my acne scars on my cheeks. I will purchase this until I die, and recommend it to anyone with congested skin issues. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a life saver!
I put 4 in packaging, since it's very difficult to get the remaining product out. A pump suspension would be great.

I uploaded a photo of my "before and after", which is from using the following products: Salicylic Acid 2%, Lactic Acid 10%, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, Granactive Retinoid 5%, Vitamin C 23% + HA spheres 2% and AHA 30% + BHA 2%.
I put it up on this product, since I definitely see it working wonders on my acne scars and blemishes, which you can clearly see (no photoshop!). It's a HG product.

on 1/24/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a scalp treatment and a possible alternative to my current 5% niacinamide serum (Stratia Rewind), but where this really shines is as a spot treatment for active acne. I tried putting on my whole face one evening and it really dried out my skin but I did notice the the acne I had shrank quite a bit. Since then, I've stuck the Rewind for all over my face, and only use this a aspot treatment. I've even used it to calm acne on my back.

I also use it to calm my scalp that gets itchy from seborrhic dermatitis in conjunction with anti-dandruff shampoo and Hada Labo Lotion to moisturize. After a shower I rub in some Hado Labo followed with 1-2 droppers of this serum. It seems to help calm the itch and niacinamide is supposedly good for scalp health.

I know other people say this is sticky but I haven't noticed it, its not as slick as my Stratia serum but glides just fine.