wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 1/24/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lasts all day, not patchy and does not cling to the dry parts of my skin. I normally would never use a drug store foundation as I have very sensitive skin but it has not caused any reaction. I needed to switch from Nars sheer glow after they decided to test on animals and I wish I had switched years ago. Nars wore off quickly and clung to dry patches in comparison.
Smells like house paint in the bottle but the smell dissipates really quickly and does smell at all when on your face.

on 1/22/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product looked really great upon initial application. The color was a perfect match and gave a natural finish with medium coverage which I loved. However a couple hours into the wear, it began to feel heavy on the skin and made me look oilier than normal for someone with combination/oily skin. I also came to find out that it was causing me to breakout, which may have been the glycerin ingredient in it as MAC Fix + also broke me out. Everyone is right regarding the smell, it smells like paint but I found that it faded and I couldn't smell it throughout the day. If this foundation didn't make my skin react the way it did, I would actually like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would try this again because it is so cheap. $4.68 at Walmart and this product does have $1.00 off coupons! A foundation for $3.68?! I originally got Golden Beige, but it is a bit too dark for me (little too orange). The color I needed was not available, so I will keep an eye out for a lighter shade and try again. I forgot to take my sample with me to the store.

The coverage is light/medium. I was able to get it to medium, but not full coverage because I did not want to look cakey. The product does come with a spatula built into the lid, I like that since it is better than using your fingers or no pump. This foundation does have a paint like smell, but it does go away when it dries. I was worried this would break me out because of the smell, but I only used this for a 14 hour day. So not sure with continuous use if breakout will occur.

The color will oxidize a bit, so pick a shade a bit lighter.

I was comparing this side by side with Estee Lauder double wear on my face, because EL is my holy grail foundation. For 14 hours, the performance was quite comparable. This foundation did help to control my oils. I did not get greasy at all. It did disappear on the area that I did a second coat. My freckles and sun spots started to peek through, while they were still hidden on the EL side.

But for the price, I say give it a try.

If you have combination skin, listen up
This foundation was really good for me in the summer because my skin is on the oily side, and it stayed matte.
In the winter my skin changed so it was normal, no excess oil, and the foundation caused me to break out really bad.
It gets in your pores and any concealer, brush or anything touching your face will move it out of place and make it patchy. It also enlarged my pores really bad and smells like acrylic paint

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Picked this up at the grocery store. It is quite simple to pick your shade...they are separated by warm, cool, and neutral, and darkness level. I picked medium warm, the shade is called Golden Beige, and it is by far the best shade match for me that I've ever found. I have tried many mid range foundations, all the popular ones. In MAC products I use NC30, but I find it to be a hair dark, while NC25 is too light.

I don't like the spatula packaging and it smells bad, but it's not the only foundation that has these qualities, and for the price I can overlook these.

The advertising doesn't mention what the finish is or what skin type it's ideal for. I have normal-combo skin and prefer a matte finish as they tend to be longer lasting. This foundation is very matte and would not work for dry skin, it made my skin feel dry even in my oily areas. But it lasts long, I tend to rest my face in my hand throughout the day and it still looked intact by 5pm (I applied it at 7am). I find the finish very unnatural looking, especially the closer up you get.

on 1/14/2018 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.

on 1/12/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great product it makes my skin look good though there are parts of my face where it leaves specks of foundation on my skin but I think its because its winter and my skin is dry. Other then that its a good product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dry like hell! WORST foundation ever! My face was so stiff I could not move it! Wish I never bought it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finding a foundation that matches my skintone is a hard battle, and finding a cheap one that matches is even more amazing. I didn't actually like this when I grabbed it, I remember cursing the YT beauty gurus for conning me again. But after UD discontinued my primer and I had to switch, I decided to give this another try. I recommend a silicone based or heavier primer to get the best application. I did notice seperating near my nose when I didn't prime enough.

Pros: Non-oxidizing, palest shade is both the right shade for me and no yellow undertones, insanely affordable, coverage can be built up somewhat, doesn't settle into lines, long lasting, not tacky, has a nice glowy finish without being shiny.

Cons: Small shade range, the spatula applicator can be annoying/messy, needs the right primer to get a flawless application, might not be the best for oily skin and definitely slides around on my nose.

on 1/3/2018 6:22:00 PM

Formula is a lil sticky smells kinda like paint but I spent literally $5 on it and it works really well tbh. Not exactly natural looking but it’s not cakey w/ light-medium coverage.
It doesn’t oxidize at all and doesn’t cling to dry patches it’s a great product for the price