Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

on 8/15/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

really wanted to love this foundation.. i have normal skin which is dry only on my nose to unibrow area which unfortunately is the first part of my face that gets oily later on in the day. i like how they label the packaging with its undertone, it made it easier for me to pick one out. i apply it with a sponge, it isn't the easiest to blend but i didn't mind. there was a weird smell but for me it wasn't too strong that i smelled it all the time and it does disappear when you apply it. it did cling to my dry area, but after it all set it looked gorgeous! unfortunately my awe didn't last too long.

i wore it to work (6+ hours) and when my nose became oily it was horrible, the foundation on that area disappeared! i tried it again the next day with primer underneath - same result. however, the rest of my face was still okay. i did use setting powder and spray on both occasions.

overall, i was disappointed. i loved the price (7.99CAD regular, got it for 5.99CAD) loved the labelling with undertones, shade range could be better. if only it cooperated with oiliness. but if you don't have oily skin, i say go for it! i see people finding ways to make it work for them, maybe i will do that when i have the time, but right now i don't see the need to make a foundation work if there are still a lot others to try.

on 8/7/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has been a surprisingly great foundation. As many have noted before, this sells for about $5.99 everywhere (CVS, Walmart, etc…) It comes in 20 shades. I have never picked up a foundation from WnW and since it was marketed as a foundation for “selfies” I figured it was targeted to younger generation who do not have my mature, dry, sensitive skin with wrinkle issues. So, I passed. Then I saw a Youtuber who reviews products for mature skin, and she really liked it. So, given the low price point, I purchased the foundation. I first purchased one a bit too light. I gave that one to my sister, who is a bit lighter then I am and purchased Dessert Beige which is a perfect match for me (I am an NC 45 for reference.) My regular routine is to apply moisturizing essence, then an oil, eye cream, light moisturizer, Jelly Pack primer, then sun block prior to my foundation. (Yep, I know it’s a lot but I am doing that 10 step K-beauty thing and really like it.) The bottom line is I do a lot of hydrating my skin prior to applying foundation which I mention for the gals with dry skin. This foundation is square and it has this paddle thing attached to the top. I really don’t get that; why not just give us a pump? Anyway, I smear the fluid from the paddle to my fingers, rub my fingers together and then smooth it on to my face. It really disappears into my skin. Up close in my magnifying mirror, I can still see my skin under the foundation with some age spots. But when you step back and look in the mirror my skin looks flawless. My pores are gone and everything looks even but not too “done”. I do use concealer (the UD Naked Skin concealer works really well with this and so does the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, try to stick with a moisturizing concealer as anything to heavy will not work well with this foundation.) I finish with setting powder and it looks amazing. No shiny breakthrough but does not look flat. It lasts all day for me and I have had no issues with skin sensitivity or break-outs. I like this better than the Tart Rainforest one which was my fav until this one came along. The “paint-like” smell is noticeable when you open the bottle and first apply, but does go away quickly. I really like how this product performs on my skin and how easy it is to find it. The bottle name has a description on it (Dessert Beige- Medium Dark Warm), that will help with color selection. I really like this foundation and would recommend it. My sister loves hers as well. I will repurchase this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loooove this product!!! I've been struggling to find a good foundation for my oily skin and i'm glad that the hunt is finally over. If you live in the Philippines, you know how hot it can be especially during the summer time and this stuff did a pretty good job of holding up, i only had to blot around my t-zone. It has a natural finish but still has good coverage and i get a lot of compliments saying that my skin looks amazing even though im wearing foundation *wink wink*. The oily downside is that it dries too quickly making it a bit difficult to blend and it only comes with a spatula.

on 8/2/2017 6:20:00 PM

My boyfriend's mom purchased two shades from this foundation line and they were too light for her. She gave them to me to see if maybe I would be a match considering I'm fair-skinned (I've never reached a "Medium" label in the makeup line like ever). Both shades were super light on my already light skin and just ugh I don't even know how to describe the way it stayed on my skin. I had primer on but it was as if the foundation just clung to my skin for dear life. Trying to remove it was awful and it was just like smearing it in the area applied. The smell is gag-worthy. Someone said it was akin to paint thinner and I agree wholeheartedly. I did like the little spatula attached to the cap though!

on 7/28/2017 5:35:00 PM

This foundation is worth a try, but not my favorite drugstore foundation. The spatula applicator is great, I wish more brands would do this to avoid mess. The smell is terrible! It makes me wonder what sort of chemicals could possibly be in this. It's a medium coverage foundation, but buildable. It dries pretty quick on the face so be sure to blend it in quickly. I have oily skin and it gives me a semi-matte look, but after a couple of hours I needed a touch up with my face powder. I mean.. it's super cheap and worth a try.

Great foundation for the price, love the little spatula that comes in the bottle. blends out really easily. It doesn't cake up in pores, and is pretty full coverage. probably my favorite foundation.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The orice point is great. However,its only medium coverage if you build it up. Too much and it will get cakey. I was extremely shiny in 2 hours, started to wear off around my nose and temples around the 3 hour mark. Oxidized around 45 minutes. Also I cannot stand the smell. It smells like paint thinner.

on 7/25/2017 11:35:00 PM

First I'll tell you about the pros: price is amazing, I like the spatula applicator, easy to blend, I love that the colours and shade are written on the bottle. It makes it very easy to find your colour. I use a brush with this foundation which applies nicely. I don't find it blends well with a sponge. It's a sticky formula which in turns makes the sponge very sticky. The cons for this product are the smell (it smells like paint,) it clings to dry patches and it doesn't last long. It also makes me look a little oily yet still clinging to dry patches if that makes any sense. All together I don't think I'd buy again. I would recommend for you to try as everyone's skin reacts differently. For the price it's worth buying

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

For reference; my favourite foundation is Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea, for which I wear Fair Neutral. I went for Porcelain in Photo Focus - a teensy bit too yellow toned, but it blends easily to a great match.

Photo Focus is wonderful for this time of year; My skin is dry and sensitive and the weather makes it worse, so I need something that won't feel heavy, or show up the dry patches and make my skin flake. This feels so light and silky on my skin and blending is easy (a damp beauty sponge is my preferred application method). Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with build-able sheer to medium coverage. The feel and finished look of Photo Focus reminds me of my old favourite foundation; the discontinued Max Factor Xperience Weightless foundation.

I've found Photo Focus to be transfer resistant and I've worn with a primer, without one, with powder and alone; It is long lasting and gives a natural, un-cakey look any way I wear it, but I do recommend using the Wet n Wild Photo Focus setting spray for a really long wear time, as I prefer the natural look that combo gives the most. I'm really liking this and can't find any real negative points with it; the smell is a small niggle, but it fades before I can pinpoint it, so it's nowhere near as strong as reviewers & vloggers lead me to believe it would be.

Photo Focus is not my favourite foundation, but it's very close - Rainforest Of The Sea just feels more moisturizing and refreshing as it's water based. However when I'm cracking down on how much I spend and can't justify the expense of Rainforest Of The Sea [or when QVC UK runs out of my shade & take forever to restock], I'll very happily buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I honestly can't remember the last time I tried a Wet N Wild foundation. It must have been the Cover All that came out a few years ago which is now discontinued I believe. Anyway, I heard so many good things about this foundation and because of its price point I decided it couldn't hurt to test it out and see what the hype was all about.
First off, the shade selection is quite extensive although confusing. Shades labeled warm looked cooler and shades labeled neutral looked warmer. I tend to lean toward neutral or cool undertones because warm (i.e. Pink) just typically makes me look orange. So, I did the best I could and chose Soft Ivory even though it's categorized as warm because the shade up looked a touch too pink even though it was supposed to be neutral. Okay Wet n Wild, whatever you say.
Unlike some I like the spatula situation, granted it's not a pump so it's not perfect but spatulas are not something you see in drugstore makeup regularly. I find it a bit easier to get product with a spatula and obviously it's a personal preference so if the spatula is not your thing, it's totally fine. Just be aware that this is what Wet N Wild has given us with this foundation.
The smell does have quite a strong paint like aroma, however it's not nearly as bad imo as say the Maybelline Matte and Poreless (which I detest btw).
This foundation is rather thin and has almost an oily viscosity. Swatched on my hand it looked and felt gorgeous but my face was another story altogether.
This foundation felt difficult to blend out because it dries so quickly and the coverage is minimal whether using a beauty blender or a brush. It didn't cover any of the redness around my nostrils and it didn't do a thing for my under eye situation which is not heavily discolored mind you. I found myself having to use more concealer than I typically do.
The finish looked powdery and I spent what seemed like an eternity continuously trying to buff it into my skin to minimize this.
I did the best I could but I finally decided it wasn't going to get much better and surrendered. I set my undereyes and T Zone with setting powder, baked it for a few minutes and carried on.
About 30 mins after my entire makeup application I went outside to take a look. It was not good, not by a long shot.
This foundation accentuates and clings to eveeeeeerything. I'm a masking fiend and I use a sheet mask every night, so, my skin is hydrated and exfoliated to the max. Let me tell you, this foundation made my skin look like I've never used an exfoliator or a moisturizer in my life.
I will say that 7 hours into wearing I'm not oily and there's no pooling into my pores, but I also use the YSL blur primer (the one with the gold sparkles) and set it with Laura Mercier translucent setting powder so I don't know how much can be attributed to these products and how much is the foundation.
All in all, this may be decent for evening out skin tone for those with already great skin with no redness or discoloration, but it's definitely not as fantastic as the hype suggests. It's does look great in selfies, but irl not so much.
For its price point it's okay, I will say that. It's just not a foundation I'll likely use on any kind of consistent basis and zip definitely will not repurchase.