Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

To use this product you need to give breakouts a month. Skin is not ready for such an aggressive vitamin C. After your skin got used to it product works perfectly

on 5/30/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is my first time using Vitamin C.

PROS: I feel like it does make my skin brighter, in a short time I feel like it did something new. Pretty much every serum I use works well for me though, my skin just likes serums.

CONS: This is a nighttime only product because it's so OILY. It's not bad when you first apply it or spread it, but it sits on my skin and doesn't really absorb or go anywhere. I'm not really sure how well things can absorb over this. I wish this was a drier product, like if they removed the Hyaluronic Acid for instance. The price is also nice, but you get only 1oz of product.

OTHER: The grittiness and stinging factor were almost non-existent for me. The grittiness is caused by applying it to a dry face or a face that is completely devoid of other products before it and I would go so far to say it's incorrect to use it that way. This is a water free suspension so the crystals stay jagged and gritty if you apply it to a dry face and you may feel them. Apply it a damp face so they dissolve and the squalane locks some moisture in. Really, the grittiness is mostly a factor when laying and if your skin is dry. And for the stinging, I actually wanted it to produce more of a reaction on my skin. Most times I feel nothing, or if it does sting, it's on small areas and for like 2 seconds or less. With a lot of the other reviews I read, I have to wonder, "How compromised is your skin's barrier? Have you been exfoliating too much?" Those are the only circumstances this will sting when applied, but even then it's not that much.

OVERALL: I may repurchase this simply due to the price. Being a night only product, I don't mind the texture too much but it does stick out as a con. Next time, I'm going to try a one of the Ordinary's retinoids to see how that compares.

on 5/28/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Horrible smell and bad breakouts. I think this is complete hype.. Definitely a pass for me. Will not buy again

on 5/25/2017 8:01:00 AM

This is not my first experience with Vitamin C serums, although this is on the higher % end of the spectrum I previously used. I used this for a few nights and experienced terrible chemical burns around my nose and beneath my eyes. The grittiness and oily texture just made this an uncomfortable product to use, let alone that it burned my skin off. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying something else. I heard someone else say they use this as a mask and wash it off after a few minutes, which might be a way to just use it up instead of tossing it, but I think I'll use it on my hands at night instead.

I found the smell unbearable and I just couldn't wear this cream. It made my eyes sting and water and the product wasn't anywhere near them. I was hoping because it was in a cream base it would make this Vitamin C product bearable but unfortunately no.

I can't comment on the treatment value and what it does for your skin because I couldn't wear it long enough.

I love most of The Ordinary skin treatments and use about six in my skin regime, unfortunately this is not one of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a generally a fan of these products, the price means I can experiment and try out things I haven't tried before. This was my first time using a Vitamin C product so I don't have a previous frame of reference! I am very used to topical acids and even though my skin is prone to acne it's not that sensitive these days so I was surprised by how unbearable this felt. I know it warns of tingling but my reaction was a consistent burning and because of the greasy suspension it was really difficult to remove. I'm not sure if my skin is sensitised from using other products or if this is just too brutal for me but I'm not putting it near my face again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this vitamin c product for about two months now. The tube is almost finished. Overall, I would say I did see a difference in the fading of acne scars. Although, I dislike the texture of the product. It's very gritty and feels quite thick. I usually apply this product after spritzing my face with water (using Avene thermal spray) and with my hands slight wet (running them under some water). This way, I find that the vitamin c serum goes on easier and the grits dissolve. I won't be buying this product again, I will try the ascorbyl glucoside solution next time.

on 5/19/2017 11:10:00 PM

I'm not usually one to write a review but after reading the reviews on this one I had to.
I have skin that is sometimes oily sometimes dry. So combination I would say
I'm the type of person with a good skin care routine and uses very active products.
I use Paula's choice products, and alpha H gycolic acid already.
I wanted to use a vitamin C once or twice a week (when not using my gycolic acid product) for the benifits, so I purchased this product.
I found this really beneficial for my skin to use just after cleansing once a week (considering it's so cheats but has great ingredient). It's slightly oily but i just left it on with no moisturizer over night... I woke up with such a nice glow and soft skin. I didn't get the tingling or irritation but I feel as if this is because my skin is use to really active products, so if your not one with a good skin care routine or already active ingredients, it might take a while to get use to!
Hope this helps some people

on 5/18/2017 12:14:00 AM

I'm in my early 30's and have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I have tried other vitamin C treatments before but at much lower concentrations. I find that my skin does not respond well to vitamin C.

I applied it after cleansing and noticed the "tingling". This turned into itching and some redness. 8 hours later, I had red spots on my cheeks and the itching around my mouth did not go away. I quickly washed it off and noticed the rash it left around my mouth.

I do not react this badly to any other product, including chemical exfoliants and peels...so it may be specific to vitamin C.

I like the packaging and love the price. However this goes on oily and gritty...I can't imagine it working under makeup. Sorry I could not comment on the long term benefits.

This product is a no-go for me. I bought it because I was drawn by the fact that it has 23% vitamin c and there's no water in the formulation. The science and explanation behind making a stable L-ascorbic acid product really intrigued me. Sadly, the texture of this is strange as heck. It's gritty and I feel like I'm sandpapering my face everytime this goes on. I'm used to high percentage vitamin c products so I'm not complaining about the stinging that everyone feels, but the texture was just not elegant. I'm not going to lie, the way a product applies really makes or breaks whether I will stick to using it or not. I tried mixing this with the Hydating Factors serum, and that took the grittiness away but the entire formulation was still extremely greasy. Not to mention, this pills HORRIBLY. I can't use it under makeup, and even when I gently pat moisturiser or sunscreen on top, it balls up into bits that really annoy me. I'm going to find a way to use this tube up, but I'm never repurchasing. 2 lippies only for the idea and science behind it and the belief that it would actually work wonders if I could get it to stay on my skin!