Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 9/16/2017 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this. I haven't been using it for very long so I can't speak for the results other than the immediate feel and look after applying this to my face. I feel that it does brighten my complexion and amps up the glow. It is super affordable. Yea, the texture isn't the best but it doesn't bug me. Tingling is minimal on me, and to be honest, I love the tingling sensation. I don't use it everyday, only once a week. I already have a back up, I like it that much. time will tell if it fades my age spots.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is honestly a life saver. My skin used to be very oily, i had a lot of pimples and blackheads, The Ordinary's vitamin c serum changed my skin completely!

I use it once a day, let it soak in for a few minutes (usually 15minutes or so), and ever since I started using this, I started seeing major changes in my skin.
It's no longer oily, i barely get any pimples now days, my pores aren't as visable as they used to be, and i barely have any blackheads at all. My skin is bright and naturally sheer. It's also soft and looks yound and not the teenage nightmare it used to be.
I recently bought the vitamin c 30% suspension in silicone and it's texture is a lot better than this one (so I'll be repurchasing the 30% and not the 23%), the 30% is very smooth while the 23% feels oily and gritty.

This product is definetly the best I've ever tried, the price is super affoardable and when using this on a daily basis with other The Ordinary products my skin feels and looks heavenly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Many people have had problems with stinging and even severe irritation, but that hasn't been a problem for me. I think some of the problem may be that people who have never used a Vitamin C product before have used this instead of starting with something less potent. For them I would suggest trying one of the other formulas that The Ordinary has that are milder.
I have used Vitamin C products before this, so it wasn't such a shock for my skin. But I can honestly say that it was a shock to me when I looked in the mirror the morning after my first application of this and saw the incredible difference just one use had made! My skin was brighter, appeared more luminous and even toned than it had been the night before. There was such a difference that I kept checking my face in the mirror just to be sure I wasn't going crazy. I have never, ever had a skincare product that produced such fantastic results in just one application. I have been using it every other night, and my skin continues to improve in appearance. On the nights that I don't use this, I use the Azelaic Acid by The Ordinary which also works to even and brighten skin tone.
I honestly can't recommend this highly enough. It is a miracle in a,tube (the packaging was changed from the bottle to a tube). The only caveat is that I recommend trying a less potent form first before trying this. It's better to start with a lesser strength and work your way up, rather than jumping straight to this and running the risk of a severe reaction. For me, though, this is the holy grail of vitamin C serums.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After reading several reviews I was concerned that this serum would be too much for my sensitive skin. Thankfully, I only felt a horrible burning sensation when I applied it on my neck. On my face, I only feel an intense tingling for a few minutes. The grit from the L-Ascorbic Acid powder doesn’t bother me I gently massage it in and the gritty texture dissipates within 10 to 15 minutes. The squalane that the vitamin C is suspended in, is hydrating and suitable for my dry but acne prone skin. I use it every morning under my Cotz Sensitive SPF 40, BareMinerals Original Foundation, and NARS RCC. As of this review I’ve only used it for the past 3 weeks so I have no significant changes in hyperpigmentation to report.

Update: After using up a bottle I decided to try the Timeless vitamin C serum. While I still think this is a great product for the price I prefer the Timeless one which has a thin consistency that allows me to layer other serums. A tube lasted me just over 3 months of daily use and never oxidized during that time. I may repurchase for application on my hands since it's so much cheaper than the Timeless serum.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I came out looking like I had burns all over my face. I only applied a pea size over my moisturised face. I should have washed it off as soon as my face started stinging but waited until my face started to blister. It's taken weeks for my skin to go back to normal. Wish I could see the same results as some of the other reviewers are seeing with this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been wanting to try The Ordinary products for a while now so I was thrilled to find it at my local Ricky's, and even more thrilled to purchase 3 products for under 40 bucks. When does that ever happen?

I purchased this, the high adherence primer and the Buffet. This is the stand-out winner for me (the other products were good too but this really wowed me).

I should preface with this: my skin is not sensitive and doesn't break out. I know that's been an issue for others with this product.

I've always found vitamin c (topical) to be highly effective but it's so hard to find a successful vitamin c product due to it's instability. Even high end products fall short sometimes. Before finding this I was adding the powder (cosmetic grade) to my skin by mixing it with an HA serum at the time of application, but that's a pain in the ass, REALLY gritty and while effective not nearly as much so as this.

The texture of this takes some getting used to and yes it's got some grit to it but I like that because at least I know the C is in there and still stable. Also, and this might be a bad idea but those are the only kind of ideas I have, when I apply it I use firm circular strokes and it acts as an exfoliant which I like. I also love that it's unscented.

There's a slight tinge of sting but again my skin isn't sensitive so that doesn't concern me, as it's hardly noticeable and it doesn't last long.

Most importantly, there's a marked difference in how my skin looks and feels the next morning when I use this the night before. It's very soft and smooth and still dewy to the touch, even after a full 8 hours of sleep.

If this were more costly I would probably use this less often and supplement with my diy C serum but thank God I don't have to because I'm pretty lazy and always looking for products effective enough to facilitate that laziness.

In summary, effective, no BS vitamin C treatment at an incredible price provided it agrees with your skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This actually works! I'm on my 2nd tube.

I have tried a lot of different Vit C serums. No matter how many months of use I never saw any results. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this either, but for the price point, the strength and how stable this is (no water) I had to try it.

I am blown away. I had 1 spot on my face that has never faded. After 2-3 weeks of using this, every other night, the spot is easily 50% lighter. That is incredible.

Yes, when you apply it you'll feel the tiny grits in it - which is the vitamin c powder. This is also why this formula is so stable (no water) and your getting close to the actual %. Most products will state their %, but it is actually far lower because it's diluted with ingredients that make the texture/consistency more cosmetically elegant and not stable. I had already read about the texture so I was expecting it. The texture of it doesn't bother me any though. I apply it over my clean face before bed. It sinks in.

I'm looking for results from products, how they feel or the consistency of it, is of no concern to me.

If you just can't stand how the formula feels, put it on damp skin, that will immediately release the vit c powder. If it's irritating to your skin you can use it with a bit of plain moisturizer to help buffer your skin. I personally had zero irritation from this. But I've been using various acids, retnoids, etc for years. So my skin is accustomed to it, and, I don't have sensitive skin to begin with.

The tube is small, which I like. But it is mighty. I use this on my face, neck, chest and hands. 1 tube lasts me a couple of months.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. If you just can't get over the consistency of this formula on your face, you can use it on your hands, chest, shoulders, anywhere. I think it it definitely worth buying to see what you think.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first product review, but I had to do it because I love love love this product. Yes, it's unpleasant to apply. It's gritty as all out, and especially in the beginning, and ESPECIALLY if you've never used a vit C product before, this is going to sting like the dickens. I've found that a tip below, to apply it immediately after a hyurlonic acid product (I use Hado Labo, but I know the Ordinary has its own) reduces both the grittiness and the sting. I would also encourage you to shake the bottle well before application. Yes, it makes my face a bit greasy feeling (and this coming from someone dry as the Sahara), and it takes time for it to sink in. I find that if I wait 5-10 minutes, and then top with a 'dry" oil, like the squalane product from the Ordinary, or any number of my other favorite facial oils, it sinks in faster and I can get on with my life. Finally, the most important part: results! I've used several vit C products over the course of several years, of various concentrations and costs. None have been as effective as this one. After patch testing, I tried this out one evening. The very next day, I noticed a startling difference in texture, brightness, eveness, and tone, and I thought I had pretty good skin to start with . I suffered a bad reaction to a product last summer that has left me with some stubborn PIH that no other product(s) have been able to really reduce. This stuff has virtually wiped it out withing a few weeks. Especially for the cost, this product cannot be beat. My one gripe would be the packaging. While I appreciate the Ordinary's dedication to making sure you can get every last drop, it's easy to dispense far too much product. However, at less than $10 a bottle, I'm not going to cry if a little is wasted here and there. Bottom line, YMMV, but for me, this is an HG product.

on 8/14/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Initially, the texture of this product turn me off. Then I tried applying it with a slightly damp face or when I had just applied a moisturizing toner. This helps break up the grit and help it sink into your skin. I still only use this at night but I definitely see results.